Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zerbi kicking off

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry but it clear some feel we were robbed by the ref, I feel we were robbed by a excellent taken goal, a well organised Fulham outfit that came to sit deep, we did break them down enough times to win the match.
It was one of those days and in my view that the ref had no impact on this game, we can go back and find many far worst referees performances. We need to suck this one up I reckon.
The ref lost controll of the game, if he had taken action against the Fulham players time waisting at the start, then we might have had an enjoyable game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seems like even the Fulham fans agree the ref was awful and they got away with a lot of time wasting.

From their forum:

"Brutal bloodthirsty last minute smash and grab
World record for the number of players lying down pretending they were dead
Worst Referee performance of the year"

Sums it up quite well.
Had similar comments with Fulham fans I chatted to post match

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sorry but it clear some feel we were robbed by the ref, I feel we were robbed by a excellent taken goal, a well organised Fulham outfit that came to sit deep, we did break them down enough times to win the match.
It was one of those days and in my view that the ref had no impact on this game, we can go back and find many far worst referees performances. We need to suck this one up I reckon.
I think the feeling is more one of dismay at the standard of refereeing, and the fact that he fell for all their timewasting and 'injuries' - rather than that he cost us the game. I can accept that we lost the game for ourselves, whilst still being angry with the other stuff. It's not binary I don't think.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I glad he was frustrate, because it becoming a joke. I am sick of paying to watch sh!t teams falling on the floor when they have barely been touched, holding their head. It is ducking cheating, I get it with 5 mins to go but it starts with in 5 minutes from the beginning of the match as soon as they realise we are not a push over.

the twat in the middle was blind to it, and just aided them to do it.

Last edited:

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I glad he was frustrate, because it becoming a joke. I am sick of paying to watch sh!t teams falling on the floor when they have barley been touched, holding their head. It is ducking cheating, I get it with 5 mins to go but it starts with in 5 minutes from the beginning of the match as soon as they realise we are not a push over.

the twat in the middle was blind to it, and just aided them to do it.
"Barly"..................what's that got to do with it ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Presume he misses one match Stoke? good to see him passionate and calling it for what is was unacceptable reffing - he blew for stoppage when a Fulham player went down the ball was out of play gone for throw in but re-started with drop ball absolute clown of ref
It didn’t actually go out. The ball while kicked by the Fulham player toward touch curled round and stayed in. Dunk actually ended up with the ball.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bored of blaming the ref for our woes. Refs are always shite and today was no exception but the fact is that our problems were caused by us not finishing our chances. We created enough despite the ref and Fulham's tactics. If we don't finish them we don't win.

The problem with blaming others for our shortcomings is that we can't do anything about them so it's a waste of time. Get them on the training pitch and work hose patterns, improve the decision making and practice finishing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bored of blaming the ref for our woes. Refs are always shite and today was no exception but the fact is that our problems were caused by us not finishing our chances. We created enough despite the ref and Fulham's tactics. If we don't finish them we don't win.

The problem with blaming others for our shortcomings is that we can't do anything about them so it's a waste of time. Get them on the training pitch and work hose patterns, improve the decision making and practice finishing.
You’re bored, so don’t read the opinions of those who were there and witnessed the blatant cheating going on.

Reactions: cjd

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

This. We need to rise above it . . .as we have with so many other point sapping issues . . . . Weapons grade shithousery and incompetence are standard now.

We learn from this and move on.

An Di Zerbi was fully justified in voicing his opinion to the referee. IMO The treatment you receive is linked to the quality you deliver.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And actually - Dunk eventually picked it up to hand it to the ref. Wouldn't have surprised me if he had given a free-kick (and booking) for deliberate handball....
Lucky it wasn't Manure today, he may get a special delivery sometime late morning tomorrow. . . . .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You’re bored, so don’t read the opinions of those who were there and witnessed the blatant cheating going on.

I don't need to be at the game to see that if we finish our chances more frequently we will win games. Complain all you like about refereeing but it isn't getting any better and has always be shite (especially when your team lose).

I respect you as a poster and feel like we are both frustrated and just directing that frustration in different areas. My point is that De Zerbi and the coaching staff can change one of those things. The other they cannot.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And actually - Dunk eventually picked it up to hand it to the ref. Wouldn't have surprised me if he had given a free-kick (and booking) for deliberate handball....
I think Dunk was telling him technically we had possession and he indicated he’d kick it straight to Leno. The ref though being the officious type wasn’t having any of that and appeared to randomly decide to give Fulham possession in their half - nothing to do with where play stopped or where the ball was….

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't need to be at the game to see that if we finish our chances more frequently we will win games. Complain all you like about refereeing but it isn't getting any better and has always be shite (especially when your team lose).

I respect you as a poster and feel like we are both frustrated and just directing that frustration in different areas. My point is that De Zerbi and the coaching staff can change one of those things. The other they cannot.
My opinion of the standard of refereeing today was formed after 15 minutes of the game, and would still be the same if it had finished 0-0.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Having consulted Prof Goggle, it appears it is a 1 match touchline ban for a manager red card.

Reckon he has been told how cold it is at Stoke. Man is turning into a legend.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My opinion of the standard of refereeing today was formed after 15 minutes of the game, and would still be the same if it had finished 0-0.
Mine also, I am not disputing that the refereeing was crap. It was, as were the tactics employed by Fulham. But we have been watching this game long enough to know that sometimes/often this is what we are up against.

Yet for the last two games we have chosen to focus on this instead of the short comings of our team.

I say this is a waste of time and energy and we are better off trying to address our deficiencies and get better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mine also, I am not disputing that the refereeing was crap. It was, as were the tactics employed by Fulham. But we have been watching this game long enough to know that sometimes/often this is what we are up against.

Yet for the last two games we have chosen to focus on this instead of the short comings of our team.

I say this is a waste of time and energy and we are better off trying to address our deficiencies and get better.
There are few shortcomings in our team. We are 7 th in the PL, and beating top teams.
We don’t play well against cheats.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We don’t play well against cheats.

An area we need to improve in.

Starting with working how how to improve. Complaining and moaning each time will not make any difference.

Putting our chances away more regularly absolutely will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here