Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zerbi kicking off

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’m glad de Zerbi has shown a bit of passion. The ref lost the game for around 10 mins in the second half, but it was still nil nil at that point. We lost the ball in the centre circle with a mix up between MacAllister and Undav(I think), and they scampered off and scored. We’ve always been vunerable against counter attacking teams, as we’re not quick at the back

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don’t really understand what he’s complaining about so much? We were done fair and square.

Suppose some will say it’s passion but a littl bit embarassing?
De Zerbi doesn’t agree. I’d wager he was closer to the action than you

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Terrible ref, any Fulham player going down and holding their head game stopped, Brighton player goes down, play on. I also believe that the ref created a new PL record for the number of times he blew his whistle.

If I was De Zerbi I would appeal the red card, as I fail to see how you can be red carded for stating a fact, which is not connected to the ref's performance.

Howard Webb sacked one ref this week, and perhaps after to-day another one should follow also.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are you f***ing joking? The referee was 100% complicit in Fulham’s tactic of stopping and disrupting the game with lots of fake injuries and time wasting and that’s before the complete one sided decisions for free kicks. Then when an Albion player went down and needed teeatment (Caicedo) it was the only time he did not stop the game.

He was terrible and can see why RDZ is so angry as the level of officiating in this division is a joke given the profile of this league
f***

f*** off. Were you even there? Officiating is absolute toilet. Passion from a manager, love it. Gimps like you who expect us to be ‘respectful’ when we were done by a ref wind me up.

You’re clearly thick as shit then you stupid ****.
Right you lot...........

red card soccer GIF by HuaweiMobileFr

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Boring thread starter alert (has he met his daily objective though?)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
With our substitutions we were always going to be open to the counter attack. I prefer that we went for it at home with this as a potential outcome than be happy with a nil-nil.
If De Zerbi was given a red card for saying that then the ref has really proved that he is a c@nt.
the biggest shortfall in the ref’s performance was not dealing with the feigning of injury by the Fulham players, breaking up the flow of the game. Our Roberto is a purest and he’ll have wanted to say something, especially after last week’s clear cut mistake.
I’m glad we have him as our manager rather than someone who sits on the fence.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair play RDZ - he was atrocious and thick as shit to fall for all their play acting and time wasting. Fulham we’re absolutely terrible - anti football and we played alright and dominated. It’s one of them - take it square on the chin and remember why the wins feel so good - and also remember justice when we finish above that anti football shower of cheating shit.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm sorry but how can you not come away from that game shaking your head at the standard of refereeing and Fulham's obvious anti football tactics. Someone on here prewarned us that it was a tactic they employ (so do Wolves) but it is beyond frustrating watching it and the ref falling for it time and time again.

Such a shame that someone within the Fulham camp has looked at the rule that the ref needs to stop the game if their is a serious injury and has thought "hello we can exploit this to our advantage" - it comes from the manager and is a clear instruction to employ it during games

Still if we had been more clinical it would have been overlooked by I can fully understand RDZ kicking off straight after an undeserved loss.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Was that it?! Did he hurt the referee's feelings, or something? Hardly a red card offence, surely?
THey're a sensitive bunch

imagine how nervous you'd be if someone threw you on the big stage, on tv as well, in front of millions . . . .having to do something you know you can't do.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
How were we done by the ref ? And how is it that every time we don't win it's the referees fault ?

I saw us done by a sucker punch from the opposition.

As for players going down, I saw that happen three times at least with ours.

Maybe there should have been a couple of minutes extra. But if I analyse the match faults for the Albion the ref is not mitigation.
Watched the highlights, twice ref stopped play when a Fulham player went down,but they were not head injuries. Mitoma was a shirt pull

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm sorry but how can you not come away from that game shaking your head at the standard of refereeing and Fulham's obvious anti football tactics. Someone on here prewarned us that it was a tactic they employ (so do Wolves) but it is beyond frustrating watching it and the ref falling for it time and time again.

Such a shame that someone within the Fulham camp has looked at the rule that the ref needs to stop the game if their is a serious injury and has thought "hello we can exploit this to our advantage" - it comes from the manager and is a clear instruction to employ it during games

Still if we had been more clinical it would have been overlooked by I can fully understand RDZ kicking off straight after an undeserved loss.
Agreed. Our final ball into the box and weak finishing cost us today, and going Gung Ho when we might have protected a point didn’t help. Continuing to play high risk football when Webster and Estupinan had been replaced by attacking players was an accident waiting to happen.
De Zerbi didn’t do us any favours, getting too wrapped up in what’s happening in and around him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here