Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora...

Do You Want Zamora Back?

• Total voters

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, only because you should never go back, especially in your twilight playing years!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yes on a loan signing till the end of the season and only paying a small portion of his wages :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is such a difficult one. Do I vote with my heart?, or do I voted with my head? After considerable thought, I voted no.

Three reasons ...
1. Bobby is well into his 30's now and past his prime
2. His wages are far too high.
3. Never go back!

At the end of the day I'd rather remember Bobby Z at his absolute best .. a legend.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
If this was a game of Championship Manager, without a doubt it would be a yes. But this is reality and as much as the thought of Bobby playing for the Albion again makes me feel excited, I think like Micky Adams coming back it doesn't always work out. Lets all remember the raw talent that became an Albion Legend that scored for fun and leave it at that. THE END

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

What does that mean exactly? If we don't go up this season losing season ticket holders might be a problem, so having players that people are excited to watch is important. I know dads with young kids who stopped going to Withdean around the time Bobby left and got out of the habit of going to the football. Now the kids are much older some of these people might come back if there are players worth watching.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Definite yes from me, assuming the sums add up. Think some of the don't go back, tarnish the memory stuff is a tad overblown. Have seen plenty of posts on here recently putting Mullery's achievements above Poyet's and Micky Adams's name was sung by the faithful last weekend. Their 2nd spells were nothing short of disastrous but we seem to have been able to forgive them! If BZ came back and it didn't work out that doesn't render his previous exploits null and void, would simply be a gamble that didn't pay off. Bit of perspective required imo.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I know he was on £ 90k a week at QPR. Bridge was on similar whilst here which Man City paid most of.

Press reports at the time suggested that's what his agent was asking for.

But later reports:

The deal dragged on late into the night while the 31-year-old discussed personal terms. Sources at Fulham stated that Zamora had wanted to double his £45,000 weekly wage before he would agree to move. However, it is thought Zamora finally settled for a wage of around £50,000, and signed a two‑and‑a‑half‑year deal.

Unless of course you have access to his pay slip.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I know he was on £ 90k a week at QPR.

No you don't. Bobby was reported to be asking for 90k a week when the potential move from Fulham to QPR was announced but I doubt very much that he'd have actually got anywhere near that amount (Bobby and his agent would have known it would have been his last big move so would have started their side of negotiations very high). Even if he got something resembling 90k a week I bet that was based on goals, appearances and had a relegation clause to reduce the amount he would be earning in the Championship.

The other thing is it doesn't matter what a player was/or is on if their contract ends. They will be earning nothing per week until they find a new club and in a lot of cases when reaching the tail end of their careers know that they will be earning a lot less. Bridge is reportedly now on 24k a week at Reading and would have taken less to stay with us if we'd offered him a deal. Bobby Zamora knows that he'd never be offered anywhere near 90k a week again by a football club given his injury record over the last few seasons (in fact he'd be lucky to get anywhere near 20k a week now) and more than likely knows he's not going to get anything more than Championship football either.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I'd gladly sell every player we have, replace them all with players from the dog and duck just so we could pay Bobby whatever he wants to play however often he feels like.

I go to the football to be entertained and excited, to feel some sort of affinity with the players. What excitement could you possibly get from watching Augustein play for us? I want to see players like Bobby!!

I fail to understand everyone's clamour for us to get promoted from a division we will always be competitive in to one where the best we can hope for is staying one place above the bottom 3.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
the best we can hope for is staying one place above the bottom 3.

I don't agree with this at all. We're never going to win the Premier League, but the biggest limiting factor is money - and given our average Championship attendances are bigger than 6 Premier League clubs, there's no reason we couldn't compete for top half with the aim of winning a cup once in a while. We'd surely get 30,000 in the Premier League (especially when allowing for away fans).

That might sound hopelessly optimistic, BUT:

I can't see any reason why we can't be as big Fulham. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8653118.stm

I can't see any reason why we can't be as big as Swansea: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21566569

I can't see any reason why we can't be as big as Wigan. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22409634

Still, this is all a little off topic...

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry if fixtures but there was another story in the Mirror yesterday linking BZ to a move BHA in the summer. Unlike most of you I'd have him back tomorrow. Whatever the outcome, I'd love to see Bobby walk out at the AMEX wearing the albion stripes.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Worth one season of pay per game and if he starts scoring goals he won't be left out of the squad.
The reception alone will be inspiring.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
On sensible wages he's worth a punt. He is injury prone but would no doubt create a buzz almost like no other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here