Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora...

Do You Want Zamora Back?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Would be the move of a club that isn't executing it's plan A or B.

I'd opt for no. Think we need a striker with a bit more in the tank and a bit less prone to injury.

Sentimentality would mean I'd love to see him back in an Albion shirt, but worried he's not the answer to take us forward.

Oh I don't know. Alright, yes. NO.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He is good for the last 20 mins from the bench and that is all we would need to use him for. If he was on a free or loan I would take him for the rest of the season for £5k a week.

Ulloa, CMS, Obika and Zamora might just see us through providing they didn't pick up injuries that rule them out.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not so sure he would tarnish his legend status. Rather, I think he could still make a great contribution. Like when Wardy came back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Isn't there a compelling business case for this that makes it a relatively risk-free deal?

1. The family take-up will increase as mums and dads bring kids along to see the great Bobby Zee play.
2. The casual fans who stopped going to Withdean after he left may be curious to see him play.
3. The 'buzz' that will be created around the club by having him back.
4. The corporate side - great bloke to wheel out.
5. His wisdom - passing on his knowledge to the likes of Ince, JFC, the development squad etc.
6. Merchandise sales.

He wouldn't have to play much, he wouldn't have to score 20 goals a season. He'd just need to come on for Ulloa on 65 minutes, bag the odd goal set up the odd chance, take the odd penalty. That would be enough for me.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Shame to have to say it but no...

What's the point in signing someone who is on the downslope and would swallow up a large part of our wage budget unless he is going to improve us right now? He's just not fit enough to do that...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
2008 - Windass was 39 when he scored the winner for Hull in the Play-Off Final.
2013 - Phillips was 39 when he scored the winner for Palace in the Play-Off Final.
So we should probably wait another 6 years....

Protecting his reputation is less important than his ability to fire Albion into the Premier League.

He's also got some previous form in the Play-Off Final with West Ham.

Wages & injury permitting, bring him home at least until the end of the season. This one's got Hollywood written all over it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Thanks for some great memories, but there is no going back this time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
At the right wages, perhaps pay as you play, I would say yes.

Off the bench when needed, he could just be the right player, at the right club, at the right time.

He was never blessed with great pace, but IMO is as good as anyone at holding the ball up, and knows where the goal is.

Won't happen though.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
18 month contract and... Bobby gets 100 Albion career goals + chance of promotion increasing + increase in interest and sales = yes for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was a rumour that he was coming back on loan when he was at West Ham but we were only prepared to pay 2k of his weekly wages of 16k and West Ham wanted 9k. Times have change , we haved moved on to better things but so have his wages probably so it doesnt seem a viable proposition if we have to pay all of his wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here