Your playing career...

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
13 - 16 Crawley Down
16 - 17 Crawley / Charlton trials
17- 19 injury
19 - 21 coaching at DASH aka taking abuse from various amounts of parents!!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1986-1988 - Whitehawk FC
1991-1995 Longhill B team - The first team contained Paul Ifill & Joe El-Abd amongst other very good players.
1999-2005 Managed and played for Thistle Grey (3 promotions in 4 seasons as manager)
2011- Back managing and in an emergency playing for Thistle Grey in Sussex Sunday League Div 2 - secured another promotion last season.

Played a bit of pitch invasion winning one league title (my only real trophy)
Also played in a charity match for BHA supporters at Shoreham FC against an ex Albion team including Steve Foster, Glen Geard, Russell Bromage, Dean Wilkins & John Byrne.

Incidentally we are in real need of a regular goal keeper if anyone reading this is interested.

Last edited:

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
age of 10 - 15 school and local youth in selsey, team included a lad called David Puller (pompey and exeter)
15 - 16 selsey and sussex youth played southampton youth who included Graham Baker ( went on to man city) and Les Sealy (went on to QPR)
came home one day to find Ray Crawford sat talking to my parents about an apprenticeship with pompey

made the right decision and joined the Royal Navy instead lol .....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not good at all. Never the most talented at school, my Sunday league career was blighted early on.

My feet were not all that but my heading ability was Premier League quality for bloke of 5'8, honestly. Anyway my first Sunday morning saw me denied a goal after outjumping a 6 foot plus clogger only to be dragged back down to earth by my shirt. Sadly the penalty was missed by my teamate.

Thirty seconds later a 50-50 tackle against the same numpty meant I could show no fear. With no malice intended I got to the ball first but my studs then slid down the man mountain's shins.

At that point my footy career ended as the ref sent me off for retaliation. All this in the first 3 minutes!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Spent a very enjoyable 16 years playing Sussex County League football from 1984 - 2000, which included 4 years at Ringmer, 4 years at Burgess Hill Town, 5 years at Southwick with shorter spells at Shoreham, Lancing and Newhaven scattered in there too.

Had the pleasure of playing with some decent ex-pros while at Southwick under the leadership of Russell Bromage - Mark Barham, Mike Small and Raphael Meade (remember him - the ex Arsenal forward !!!). Played a handul of pre-season friendlies again the Albion which included going head-to-head with Liam Brady when he was the Albion boss. Closest I got to him on the pitch was to shake his hand at the end of the game !!! He may have been 40 then but bloody hell his football brain and touch still worked much faster than everyone else ! :bowdown:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No didn't play under him was in the team before he was manager and played with him , the manager was Ray Reeves who was a staunch Brighton fan and who i unfortunately heard died some months ago . I was one of the original members which started the team many years ago . Great guy Jurgen though , shame to hear the team folded .

Got it! Keeper yes?

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
u12s-Present: Hawks Youth B, We've changed names from withdean to Hawks Youth but still the same team

Started playing football quite late at u12s but still going with same team, going into next season as u16s

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
10-12 West Brom
12-13 Stoke City
13-14 AFC Telford United

Then injuries really started to kick in!

14 - 16 - 3months at Aston Villa followed by the rest at Wolves in the youth team (with dan east)
16 onwards i signed for Chasetown after being tracked by the manager for 2 years but got myself injured so went on loan at my local side wellington amateurs so still semi pro and have since been offered a chance back at AFC Telford United but want to prove my fitness first!
Also picked up two caps playing for Great Britain Catholic Schools while attending a catholic 6th form
Goalkeeper and yes, i'm only 17
Not a bad carear so far :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here