Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your playing career...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Sussex Sunday League top division of 14, won 3 titles, players player of the year, managers player of the year...played on the Goldstone twice in competitive games and won both (set up winning goal & hit the North Stand post with a 20 yarder)...& at (pre) Withdean against the retired legend Teddy Maybank...

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Blimey , can't remember ages but here we go :

Early age :

Boundstone School 'B' team
Adur atheltic

Older :

Saturday's

Grenadier
Storrington
L & E
Lancing Legion
Shoreham Utd

Sunday

Boundstone Old Boys
Brunswick (Hove)
Hollingbury Glass

Wednesday

Post Office Club (a few times)

Think it was a Tuesday night league at Shoreham's ground

Boundstone Old Boys

Think That's it !

Ah a fellow Grenadier man! when did you play? Was you under the wing of Jurgen the German Destroyer!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Ultra keen schoolboy player,then had my leg broken on two separate occasions in the Brighton League and was retired by the medics aged 21.

This football lark.............such a short career.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
12 - 13 Hawkenbury Boys
14 - 38 Pembury Saturday/Sunday Sides however during ages 17 - 27 continued to play for Pembury but was in RAF so played for a variety of units as well as the full RAF Reps side
39 - 40 Boars Head

Age 41 retired got fed up chasing young kids shadows.....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I went to Saltdean United a few times as a kid, dad wasn't to interested on running me down there and I doubt I was much cop either so it never went much further than that.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
No matter how awful a bloke is at football, there is always something inside them that still thinks
"yeah, I could have made it"

LOL That's so true.

Anyway, I really was quite good when I was 16-18. If I had been born in a bigger
city and played for a better club, I would certainly have made it :)
I played in Polish 4th and 5th division, stopped when I was 20 and then at the uni
switched to light athletics (100, 200m sprint).

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Kid- longhill and saltdean tigers.

Adult- post office

But crowning glory was for the British embassy against the USSR embassy in Bangkok in 1986......scored a cracker and we won 3-1 !!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I played for Brighton schoolboys & the The Albion youth team in the mid 80s scored 3 times at the goldstone all in the south goal but biggest disappointment was missing an open goal in front of the north stand I still have nightmares about it now , went off the rails a bit at 16 /19 years , had trials for England schoolboys but not in the same league as the other lads a big step up in standard . In the end I enjoyed watching the Albion more than playing hung my boots up at 25 when the kids came along

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
No didn't play under him was in the team before he was manager and played with him , the manager was Ray Reeves who was a staunch Brighton fan and who i unfortunately heard died some months ago . I was one of the original members which started the team many years ago . Great guy Jurgen though , shame to hear the team folded .

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
under 10s-14s Marle Place Wanderers (Burgess Hill) Goalkeeper: Always played as 2nd choice until under 13s. won most improved player with 6 MOM performances that season. even scored going up for a corner to draw a game! became out of favour next season and quit to play cricket.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
SUNDAY LEAGUE

Adur Athletic
Hove Park
Stanford Arms
The Windmill (Southwick)

SATURDAY LEAGUE

The Exchange
Station Hotel
Russell Bourne

I played for these teams between 1977-1995

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Early 90's I played for Bevendean Badgers and a few appearances for Coldean Junior School.

Went for 1 training session with Whitehawk, manager wanted my to play...I was too scared and never went back.

Mid 90's played for Hollingbury Hawks in a spectacularly bad team, won most improved player award which was presented by Darren Freeman (and his perm), also made a couple of appearances for Dorothy Stringer.

00's Played for Trafalgar Rovers at Pitch Invasion at Stanley Deason.

Played on and off for Blue Steel at Waterhall Pitch Invasion for the last decade or so. Still going strong....ish

Playing our last game tonight for Sussex FC at pitch invasion :(

Highlight of my career was playing in a charity match at the Broadfield Stadium.

then and now

Jan 16, 2010
Started at moulsecoomb junior school played for my year and the yr above, both league champs,then onto patcham fawcett won league and cup doubles untill the last yr where we was only league champs, represented brighton school boys all my school yrs at my age and the yr above my age group, scoring the winner infront of 21,000 albion fans after the albion had played a home game, had england trials at the age of 15, and 16, also represented sussex under 18's ,played mini minor league from age 11 for coombe rovers and then north rangers winning all before us, signed albion school boy forms at 13 then apprentice at 16 left at 18, went on to play for a few local teams before a knee injury finished me off lol, lived with gary stevens when he made he's albion debut, was a class player before he went to spurs, and a good friend.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
my old man decided i would play mini rugby for crowborough. I had to retire aged 15 due to effed knees!! Thank fcuk!! Did score a goal directly from a corner whilst playing at lewes tertiary college though and scored a thunderous volley from outside the area that skimmed under the bar. Times like that you need a crowd, but i went blumin bananas anyway. Sad twat.:banana::banana::facepalm:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Captained Brighton College 1st XI (1988-89)
Oxford University Football League - Division 1 Winners (1994-5) with an unbeaten season
Invited to OUAFC Blues Trials

Other memorable moments include...
- Playing one friendy match up front with NSC's Vulture (think Shearer and Sheringham's telepathic understanding)
- Making it through REMF 1 unscathed (unlike Granny Weatherwax), but was too knackered to take a penalty
- Badly injuring Andy from SKINT records with a shocking challenge that kept him out of REMF 1. I still feel guilty...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here