Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your coldest ever match

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
West Ham Vs. Wigan - 28/12/2005; -2oC, and windy.

Liverpool Vs. West Ham 1/12/2008 - 0oC, colder traveling back.

Remember being really cold at Withdean recently, can't remember the match, but nothing compared to the other two.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Another shout for Barnet on Boxing Day a few years back. I wasn't at Peterborough two seasons ago, but Peterborough in the Gillingham era was pretty damn cold. Barker scored from a Rod Thomas cross?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I wasn't there, but wonder if anyone can spot themselves, Palace at Goldstone, 12/1/63:

Soccer-Football-League-Division-Three-Brighton-and-Hove-Albion-v-Crystal-Palace_682031.jpg

i was at that game, but I don't think I'm in that photo

bha189

Aug 31, 2010
Luton few seasons back, lost 3-0 evening match. Depressed. Bimbo's doing the burgers messed it up. had to walk back through the town centre in thick snow and ice. Cold.

Wycombe away last season 5-2 Muarry Scored 4, was quite cold

But I prefer winter football

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Scunthorpe away 1986 (?), or Peterborough away 1987 (?) when it snowed.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I recall very wet but not that many cold games at the Goldstone. But Withdean often feels both cold and damp.

Away down Cold Blow Lane and at Priestfield.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Blackpool away, back in the 70's. We were marched to and from the station, so couldn't stop anywhere to warm up.

f***ing OB made us walk along the prom in the middle of winter , to and from the station , apparently there was a train station nearer the ground but the Seagulls Special wasn't allowed to stop there.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oldham away 3rd round of FA Cup I think, we took the lead, they scored twice, and we lost but could hardly see as the wind was coming straight off the moors and froze your vision.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Playiing in REMF1 - don't think I've eve been as cold in my life.

Me too.

Mind you, it was worth playing in it just to see DTG/Granny Weatherwax seize up and collapse after his first goalkick of the game. :lol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
QPR on the sunday before Christmas a few years back

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oldham's supposed to be the ground at highest elevation in English league and therefore probably the coldest.

It's the third highest professional football stadium above sea level (although I always thought it was second...)

The Hawthorns is the highest, followed by Vale Park then Boundary Park.

The coldest game I've ever been at was at Boundary Park - it was also the location of the hottest.

Anyone remember that heat wave across the whole country that weekend ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

The coldest game I've ever been at was at Boundary Park - it was also the location of the hottest.

Anyone remember that heat wave across the whole country that weekend ?

Yup, but it still rained in Manchester the next day!
I've never been to Manchester and not seen rain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here