Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your all a bunch of Fcuking arse lickers on NSC!!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Happy Seagull said:
He can have an opinion but to start personal attacks on those wanting help the club is stupid in the first place.

Spot on.

I can't be arsed to argue though. Got a train to catch. :lolol: :wave:

P.S. Arse don't taste so bad. I'll keep licking all the way to Falmer. :jester:

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Mr Popkins said:
why should I cough up money to pay for players wages ,some of which is £5000 a week!!!! doing something they love??!!!
Who said you have to? It's not compulsary. It's your choice whether you do or not. Don't slate the club for asking fans to donate, they're not saying "give us some money or you're banned from supporting us".

Consider yourself unofficially slated.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
disgruntled h blocker said:
Well, they will most certainly benefit from these donations. If the club falls over becuase of lack of funds, the club would not be able to pay back to Directors, so us giving our £100s would protect the investments the directors have made.
That's very cynical. The directors/investors have put in £7m, our money wouldn't come anywhere close to repaying that. The figures just don't add up, so they won't benefit directly.

disgruntled h blocker said:
It was discussed in the phone-in how Falmer would allow the club to give money back to the directors, as the LOANS given by the directors to the club currently stabilise our finances.

You've just answered the point yourself. FALMER will entitle the directors to get access to their money - not this current funraising jaunt.

I understand it's one of the stipulations of being a director of BHA that you can't pull your money until Falmer is approved. If you do pull the money out, you sever your administrative and controlling ties with the club. Doesn't stop you being a fan obviously. Perhaps Insider can clarify the criteria (apart from obviously the money) for becoming a director / investor.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Phaedrus said:
This is all getting way too black and white (and personal). There are many fans who are fanatical and loyal and passionate about BHA but who are raising some fair questions and constructive criticisms regarding the current situation. This good fan / bad fan stuff is purile.

well said :clap:

I don't understand tax issues.

But aren't there tax benefits to the Club in having a proportion of its money tied up as loans?

If the Club was completely solvent and running at a profit, how much of my season ticket money would end up with the Inland Revenue?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I must confess to be very shocked and disappointed at the reaction to this request from the club. Right at the point where everybody needs to pull together, it has seemingly split the fans down the middle.

Have some people forgotten why we find ourselves in this mess in the first place? It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the current board of directors, and nobody every promised that the solution to the problem would be quick. Everybody including the supporters thought the Falmer situation would be sorted quicker than it has been, but I fail to see how the club/directors can be blamed for that.

Supposing we still found ourselves as a top 3rd/bottom half 2nd Division side, but the club didn't have a 2.3M deficit to find (which by the way would have been nigh on impossible given the Falmer enquiry), I can see the threads now about how the chairman hasn't taken us forward, and Falmer isn't necessary etc etc.

I do subscribe to the fact that there must be more inventive ways of getting some of this money together than simply asking the fans to dig deep, but why on earth have people got a problem with the club asking the question?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion about this situation, so why is everybody slating each other for having their own opinion? It is yet another critical chapter in the clubs history, one that is far from being fully written, and it's up to fans/directors/club staff to shape that history.

Before anybody goes on the attack about what I've said, bear this in mind. It's crucial that not one person takes the Albion's existence for granted at this point in time. You do that, you may find yourself needing to buy a season ticket for Crawley Town or Eastbourne Borough if you want to watch regular football (no offence to those who support those clubs as well!)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Seagull73 said:
I must confess to be very shocked and disappointed at the reaction to this request from the club. Right at the point where everybody needs to pull together, it has seemingly split the fans down the middle.

Have some people forgotten why we find ourselves in this mess in the first place? It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the current board of directors, and nobody every promised that the solution to the problem would be quick. Everybody including the supporters thought the Falmer situation would be sorted quicker than it has been, but I fail to see how the club/directors can be blamed for that.

Supposing we still found ourselves as a top 3rd/bottom half 2nd Division side, but the club didn't have a 2.3M deficit to find (which by the way would have been nigh on impossible given the Falmer enquiry), I can see the threads now about how the chairman hasn't taken us forward, and Falmer isn't necessary etc etc.

I do subscribe to the fact that there must be more inventive ways of getting some of this money together than simply asking the fans to dig deep, but why on earth have people got a problem with the club asking the question?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion about this situation, so why is everybody slating each other for having their own opinion? It is yet another critical chapter in the clubs history, one that is far from being fully written, and it's up to fans/directors/club staff to shape that history.

Before anybody goes on the attack about what I've said, bear this in mind. It's crucial that not one person takes the Albion's existence for granted at this point in time. You do that, you may find yourself needing to buy a season ticket for Crawley Town or Eastbourne Borough if you want to watch regular football (no offence to those who support those clubs as well!)

And that, everybody, is the most intelligent and well thought out post about the situation.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Safeway said:
I'm a good mate of Mr Popkins and, though we don't agree on everything Albion-related, I can vouch that he is an absolute top bloke and as Albion through-and-through as anyone I know.

Side note: Mr P's nickname is 'Buster', as in bloodvessel, because when he's got a point to make, he makes it! :lolol:

I thought it was because Mrs Popkins would bust him if he stepped out of line :lolol:

but agree,he's a top bloke and Albion fan.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No one's denying he's an Albion fan, but saying that people who DO want to contribute are 'arse lickers' is well over the top.

For the record I doubt very much that I shall just hand over a payment to the club. I will attend the sponsored events , (or pay NOT to attend perhaps), sponsor other people, buy more merchandise etc etc. However to call someone like Stumpy Tim an 'arse licker' because he DID contribute is bang out of order.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I must adimt there are some good points on here, and im really sorry I called you all Arse lickers, its just that ive been wound up over this big time.

If you want to put your money in the club then so be it, its your choice at the end of the day. (thats not a dig by the way)

I know there are some real passionate fans out there at that is why we are all getting heated about this, we ALL love the club

To- The Large one........... I dont really want you to f*** off and die..it was the heat of the moment yesterday and lashed out on you,, (although I do think I am entitled to post as many times as I like stating why im annoyed)

once again sincere apoligys to everyone ive offended...

im off home now for a nice gammon steak followed by a few jaffa cakes

love you all..........Mr P

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I can live with that Popkins. As you say we're all upset and angry and lashing out at people who at the end of the day are all on the same side.

Support the Albion. How you do it is up to you.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mr Popkins said:
im off home now for a nice gammon steak followed by a few jaffa cakes

now I've heard of gammon and pineapple, although I prefer a few eggs myself, but jaffa cakes, strange boy :lolol:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I trust there will not be any short breaks in Spain then during the international break in October then.Perhaps someone should ask Mr Perry about that on saturday after the game.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How often have people on here said that the club isn't open enough with the fans? Now when the club come out and tell it like it is,they get crucified. All the directors of this club are Albion fans,why can't you trust them?

Phaedrus said:
This is all getting way too black and white (and personal). There are many fans who are fanatical and loyal and passionate about BHA but who are raising some fair questions and constructive criticisms regarding the current situation. This good fan / bad fan stuff is purile.

I haven't seen ONE SINGLE POST slating anyone for asking fair questions or constructive criticism of the board. Show me one if you can.

What I've seen is TLO brilliantly exposing some of the over-the-top comments ("arselickers") of Mr Popkins, which he himself now recognises he has to apologise for, good man Mr P.

And we've seen Disgruntled H-Blocker spout lies about the current fund-raising appeal going into the directors' pockets, a grotesque slander of the worst kind.

We are PERFECTLY ENTITLED to take issue with such crap. "Fair and constructive", do you know the meaning of those words Phaedrus?

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
London Irish said:
I haven't seen ONE SINGLE POST slating anyone for asking fair questions or constructive criticism of the board. Show me one if you can.

What I've seen is TLO brilliantly exposing some of the over-the-top comments ("arselickers") of Mr Popkins, which he himself now recognises he has to apologise for, good man Mr P.

And we've seen Disgruntled H-Blocker spout lies about the current fund-raising appeal going into the directors' pockets, a grotesque slander of the worst kind.

We are PERFECTLY ENTITLED to take issue with such crap. "Fair and constructive", do you know the meaning of those words Phaedrus?

I'll be reading more of this mans posts in future.

Not sure which language to put this in because it seems some people don't understand: The club was fvcked,Dick Knight saved it,now he's trying to make it better while losing money at the same time.
He can make as much money as he likes from me but just keep my team in the top 2 tiers of this Nations favourite sport and give me somewhere nice to watch them!!!

I'll give if i can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here