Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your all a bunch of Fcuking arse lickers on NSC!!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Nice troll Popkins, you can be the official FG back-up for when he has flu or when posters find out where he lives.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Mr Popkins said:
right I know im gonna get slated for this big time , but there are so many club arse lickers on this site its untrue!!!

everyone I spoke to last night all said they would not put a penny more into the club, these are die hard albion fans!

so many people are so blinkered to martin perry and dick knights way of thinking.

on Hartys phone in last night Martin perry DID NOT give a straight answer on the hotel bill for reading, when asked if the players were asked to play for there bills he said no, but when Harty said ,did they contribute if they wanted to he said some players did, now dont tell me they players coughed up out of the goodness of their heart, they were asked!! what a politicians anwser he gave.

this club is is debt granted but ,its hardly in a state where we have 7 days or we will go bust!!

if the club seriously are strapped for cash the they must put All our players on the transfer list, not ask fans for money.

I await the slating!!
I won`t slate you.
I salute you sir. Top topic.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
larus said:
Mr P.

We're all entitled to our opinions. I respect yours, and I hope that you respect mine.

I believe that the club is fairly well run on a day to day basis. What is crippling us is the costs incurred try to take us forward to Falmer. The directors have invested millions into the club, and may/may not ever get some/all of it back. I don't know if they will, nor does anyone else.

If the club were to say, "f*** it, lets stay at Withdean and make that a permanant home, forget about the pipe-dream of Falmer", what type of players/managers do you think we would atttract? Once that happens, the playing standard deteriorates, we drop down the leagues and then the attendances drop.

If you want to take the risk, that's your choice. If you can't afford to donate, that's not a problem. Some of us are more fortunate than others, and I don't have a problem with donating to help.

As for the players wages; they're not fans, they are doing a job and want paying for it. Their career is fairly short, and need to maximise their earnings during this time. To pick on them for earning a few grand a week is unfair.

If you can't agree with us for donating, there is no need to accuse us of being arse-lickers for doing what we think is important to help the club. It's not like any other business and we can go elsewhere. I don't want a different brand, I love the one I've got thanks.

larus

Mr Popkins said:
I hate that arguement everyone uses about the players short careers, yes it maybe short but but when they retire how many do you know are unemployed?, they still get a new job on the same if not more money than im on!!!

You're missing the point Mr P.

They have a trade, and there is a market rate for that trade. Just becuase our club is skint, we can't expect the staff to take pay cuts to bail out OUR CLUB.

Let's face it, enough people are willing to kick out players that they don't think perform, but then want loyalty back ???

We are the fans of the club, the players in general are only ever here for a few years.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
larus said:
Mr P.

We're all entitled to our opinions. I respect yours, and I hope that you respect mine.

I believe that the club is fairly well run on a day to day basis. What is crippling us is the costs incurred try to take us forward to Falmer. The directors have invested millions into the club, and may/may not ever get some/all of it back. I don't know if they will, nor does anyone else.

If the club were to say, "f*** it, lets stay at Withdean and make that a permanant home, forget about the pipe-dream of Falmer", what type of players/managers do you think we would atttract? Once that happens, the playing standard deteriorates, we drop down the leagues and then the attendances drop.

If you want to take the risk, that's your choice. If you can't afford to donate, that's not a problem. Some of us are more fortunate than others, and I don't have a problem with donating to help.

As for the players wages; they're not fans, they are doing a job and want paying for it. Their career is fairly short, and need to maximise their earnings during this time. To pick on them for earning a few grand a week is unfair.

If you can't agree with us for donating, there is no need to accuse us of being arse-lickers for doing what we think is important to help the club. It's not like any other business and we can go elsewhere. I don't want a different brand, I love the one I've got thanks.
spot on agree totally i wanna do all i can cos this club means that much to me and most others on here.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Let's turn this question round. Why are all the people who criticise Knight, Perry and everything about the club uniformly ill-informed, thick, simplistic, unaware of the issues and capable only of criticism not constuctive contributions?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bhafc99 said:
Let's turn this question round. Why are all the people who criticise Knight, Perry and everything about the club uniformly ill-informed, thick, simplistic, unaware of the issues and capable only of criticism not constuctive contributions?

Slightly sweeping and completly untrue. I am happy to admitt I question certain things, but if supporters had not questioned what was going on in 1995 then there would be no club now.

A bit of scrutiny makes the club more accountable.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I refer the Right Honourable Bore to the answer I gave a couple of days ago about depressing predictability of him (Mr Popkins) not being able to shut up about this matter.

We think we know - no, we actually know - your opinion on this matter. So you don’t want to cough up. Whoopy-doo - don’t cough up, it’s up to you. Why do you keep going on and on and on and on about it? Or is there a greater agenda at work here? If there is, we would all be delighted to know. If not, just wind your neck in now, cos you are seriously boring.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To quote the Insider...

''What we're asking is for fans to give what they can afford. We totally understand some fans will not be in a position to donate money, or some will choose not to for a variety of reasons.''

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
This is all getting way too black and white (and personal). There are many fans who are fanatical and loyal and passionate about BHA but who are raising some fair questions and constructive criticisms regarding the current situation. This good fan / bad fan stuff is purile.

Last edited:

larus

Uncle Buck said:
Slightly sweeping and completly untrue. I am happy to admitt I question certain things, but if supporters had not questioned what was going on in 1995 then there would be no club now.

A bit of scrutiny makes the club more accountable.

A very valid point about accountability U.B. However, the comparison between now & 1995 is slightly unfair in this context.

No-one with a degree of intelligence could say that DK & MP are trying to do anything but move the club forward (and I know that you weren't). Yes, they may end up making money if Falmer goes ahead, but at this moment in time, I don't give a damn about that if we get a team the can survive in the Championship and then realistically, aim to challenge for the Premiership.

I think the club is right to ask for money if it's needed. It's not like they're saying give us your money or we'll send the boys round is it FFS. If you can't afford to donate then don't, you don't need to feel bad about that. But at the same time don't piss on everyone elses fire for wanting to help.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Over the last few years, BETWEEN them, they have put up to 9 million into the club. Perry said this over the loud speakers to thousands last night in a very frank messsage at half time.

I'm fed up with people complaining about things without finding out the facts that the baord is trying to tell them.

Yes, they have put in £9m between them into the club in the form of a LOAN, albeit interest free. Fine, so you can say they have given up on the interest on the last few years, but consider the amount of prestige and extra business links they have gained being directors of Sussex's only League Club?

It was apparent on the phone-in and Perry's half-time monologue was that the directors want their money back - and this £2m campaign is clealy a method of getting some of their money back.

I personally cannot afford to give the club a great amount of money, and when you consider (as from the phone-in) it will go back to the directors, I doubt I'll want to donate anymore.

I am a fan who drives 130miles to each game, goes to all home games, and most away games (even going back a third time to Norwich a couple of winters ago...), but cannot believe the directors can discuss how they expect to get their money back, and expect the real 'fans' to willingly give them money in return for nothing.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mr Popkins does'nt deserve the personal attackes he's getting on here, he has an opinion and is entitled to express that opinion in anyway he sees fit. If you can only come back with personal attacks rather than informed replys to further the discussion then you are just taking the easy route and doing yourself no favours at all.

larus

disgruntled h blocker said:
It was apparent on the phone-in and Perry's half-time monologue was that the directors want their money back - and this £2m campaign is clealy a method of getting some of their money back.

Is this so? Can someone else confirm this? I was under the impression it was to cover extra costs / shortfalls, not to repay the current borrowings from Directors.

CrabtreeBHA said:
Mr Popkins does'nt deserve the personal attackes he's getting on here, he has an opinion and is entitled to express that opinion in anyway he sees fit. If you can only come back with personal attacks rather than informed replys to further the discussion then you are just taking the easy route and doing yourself no favours at all.

He can have an opinion but to start personal attacks on those wanting help the club is stupid in the first place.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
The Large One said:
The directors are not allowed to take their money out, and they will certainly NOT benefit from these donations.

Well, they will most certainly benefit from these donations. If the club falls over becuase of lack of funds, the club would not be able to pay back to Directors, so us giving our £100s would protect the investments the directors have made.

It was discussed in the phone-in how Falmer would allow the club to give money back to the directors, as the LOANS given by the directors to the club currently stabilise our finances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here