Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You deserve to be promoted

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'm not sure I understand your last sentence, but I think I get your general gist..

Firstly, I have access to a lot more information on any NSC user than you do, and with that information I was able to easily determine the post was made by a Lincoln fan.

Secondly, although somewhat provocative in tone, there were elements of the post that rang true to me. Not about all Albion fans, certainly, but in some of the responses to Saturday's debacle. I revisited and re-read the post several times before I decided to approve it.

Thirdly, there's very little I am able to do to keep the £s rolling in to NSC. I didn't tweet "OMG, you'll never believe what a Lincoln fan said about #BHAFC!!!11!!!!" This thread will have earned NSC pennies, not pounds. Each thread lives and dies by the responses it receives. Don't like a thread - ignore it and it all but goes away if others do the same.

Finally, the opening posted was subsequently banned by another NSC moderator. I wouldn't have done it - any subsequent posts would need reviewing prior to them appearing - but I'm also not bothered enough to reverse it.

I would agree that certain elements of the post had some truth about them, however those are also quite generic and could apply to most Prem and many Championship teams. Many have not forgotten where we came from and the Amex has brought people back to the club who were missing ove rthe previous ten - fifteen years due to in some case not actually being able to get a seat at Withdean.

Regarding the closing down of such posts, it would make this site the same as certain universities in this country trying to close down all debate that opposes their opinion. Surely we are able to take, absorb and deal with criticism from another source, we don't need to be offensive in our replies and I note that many posters wished genuinely Lincoln the best in the next round which says more about our fan base than the poster.

Well done Bozza for allowing play to go on, we were beaten by a non league side and apparently (I was not at the game) did not play well, so criticism should be allowed, the mark of our fan base is how we deal with it.

Congratulations Lincoln on your victory and thank you to the poster who raised some interesting points not all of which I agree with.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well done Bozza for allowing play to go on, we were beaten by a non league side and apparently (I was not at the game) did not play well, so criticism should be allowed, the mark of our fan base is how we deal with it.

Congratulations Lincoln on your victory and thank you to the poster who raised some interesting points not all of which I agree with.

Are you really thanking this poster for his contributions?

Aside from the generic modern football jibe, he clearly has absolutely no clue of BHA history (you know, the club we support) and goes on to spout a load of maligned, desperately envious and altogether inaccurate shite.

He then submits a short monologue of what a great example he is for following his club through the dark times (I mean really?) and to top it off, suggests we have forgotten our roots. You just couldn't make it up if you tried.

Personally I thought his contributions amounted to the square root of **** all and i'd rather not have read them, neither do I think the muppet should have have been banned mind. It would have been interesting to hear his riposte after making a clear fool of himself.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
He won't be able to reply to you, or anyone else.

Whilst he was talking a load of nonsense, what was the reason for banning him? Surely this forum should invite debate, not ban it because it's something you don't agree with? One post has generated 10 pages of posts. It's a shame the OP wasn't given a chance to back-up his assertions and be corrected along the way, as he clearly has no idea of our history.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Are you really thanking this poster for his contributions?

Aside from the generic modern football jibe, he clearly has absolutely no clue of BHA history (you know, the club we support) and goes on to spout a load of maligned, desperately envious and altogether inaccurate shite.

He then submits a short monologue of what a great example he is for following his club through the dark times (I mean really?) and to top it off, suggests we have forgotten our roots. You just couldn't make it up if you tried.

Personally I thought his contributions amounted to the square root of **** all and i'd rather not have read them, neither do I think the muppet should have have been banned mind. It would have been interesting to hear his riposte after making a clear fool of himself.

Yes he has rather ducked below the parapet since his original post, probably for fear of being taken to task. Yes I did thank the poster for his contribution and also confirmed that I did not agree with all that he wrote. Such incursions are necessary for us to understand how some, however misguided in our opinions, view the game and its wider implications and how refreshing it has been to see the measured and generally polite response from our posters, which I reiterate, is a stronger response than just shouting and ranting. I would like to think that we conduct ourselves in a manner befitting that of our chairman and manager.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I suspect he posted something similar on an Ipswich forum after the 3rd round. It does seem to me that he is exactly the type of supporter that he claims to hate.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The 'poncy fashionable away kit' is straight out of the Nike 'value' catalogue. iI's effectively the LIDL of football kits, many people quite like it, but it is cheap (well cheap for the Club)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yes he has rather ducked below the parapet since his original post, probably for fear of being taken to task.

He didn't duck he was pushed. He has been given no right of reply because he was banned after his original post. It also serves to give the false impression that he hasn't got the courage of his convictions to offer a reply. Maybe he is ignorant of our history. Do we know anything of Lincoln's history? Now that he's been enlightened he might have liked to have been given the opportunity to admit that some of his comments were unwarranted and misplaced.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He didn't duck he was pushed. He has been given no right of reply because he was banned after his original post. It also serves to give the false impression that he hasn't got the courage of his convictions to offer a reply. Maybe he is ignorant of our history. Do we know anything of Lincoln's history? Now that he's been enlightened he might have liked to have been given the opportunity to admit that some of his comments were unwarranted and misplaced.

I didn't know he was banned, thats pretty poor as although he was trying to bait a reply, the post wasn't offensive just contrary to our opinions. Thanks for informing me, its a sad day as many posters on here can be quite offensive in their posts yet these are left alone. Is this censorship?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

I have just reread the post and am stunned that he was banned for this, it would appear that everyone on this site is not judged by the same standard. I am disappointed, the poster probably wears this ban as a badge of honour now and notwithstanding the ban some of his points are correct!!

Impressive

Jan 27, 2017
Hi, Imps fan here. It is a username that used to post on a Lincoln Forum and I think some of them used to be a bit scathing of other teams and supporters IIRC He is not representative of the vast majority of Imps fans who believe we played reasonably well against a weakened Brighton team who have their eyes on a bigger prize than the FA Cup.

I remember seeing Brighton on the last match of the season at Sincil Bank when we bagged the last promotion place to what is now League 1. If I recall you lot were in a relegation battle and eventually Hereford went down. I could be wrong it was a few years ago! I am sure a few of you on this forum will remember that and what you have achieved since then is actually an inspiration for us. Far from not knowing what it is like at lower league levels I am sure the old and the wise amongst you will remember it with hardly concealed affection! :)

Having seen you ground hop for a few seasons, the Withdean being perhaps the worst, (bit like that athletics stadium in Sheffield) you now have a great stadium which I hope to visit one day to watch the Imps.

Had a couple of pints with a couple of Brighton fans before the match in the supporters bar at Sincil Bank and we had a great laugh discussing all things football, just at it should be.

Good luck and hope you make it to the Premiership! (lol)

D

Deleted member 22389

Hi, Imps fan here. It is a username that used to post on a Lincoln Forum and I think some of them used to be a bit scathing of other teams and supporters IIRC He is not representative of the vast majority of Imps fans who believe we played reasonably well against a weakened Brighton team who have their eyes on a bigger prize than the FA Cup.

I remember seeing Brighton on the last match of the season at Sincil Bank when we bagged the last promotion place to what is now League 1. If I recall you lot were in a relegation battle and eventually Hereford went down. I could be wrong it was a few years ago! I am sure a few of you on this forum will remember that and what you have achieved since then is actually an inspiration for us. Far from not knowing what it is like at lower league levels I am sure the old and the wise amongst you will remember it with hardly concealed affection! :)

Having seen you ground hop for a few seasons, the Withdean being perhaps the worst, (bit like that athletics stadium in Sheffield) you now have a great stadium which I hope to visit one day to watch the Imps.

Had a couple of pints with a couple of Brighton fans before the match in the supporters bar at Sincil Bank and we had a great laugh discussing all things football, just at it should be.

Good luck and hope you make it to the Premiership! (lol)

Wasn't upset you beating us, we deserved to lose. More importantly hope you get another money spinner in the next round, it all helps. I will be cheering on your team in the next round, let's hope you can beat one of the premier big boys next, because if they go in with the same attitude as us they will lose.

Impressive

Jan 27, 2017
Before the next FA Cup round we have to face Solihill Moors in the National League and Welling in the FA Trophy. The match prior to you lot was away to Barrow, which we lost 0-3. It's not easy to get out of the basement and you did well not to drop into it a few years ago but it must be exciting to be on the threshold of the promised land, (sorry have to mention the Premiership again! lol) just hope you can do a Bournemouth and give a good account once you get there. Good luck!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Whilst he was talking a load of nonsense, what was the reason for banning him? Surely this forum should invite debate, not ban it because it's something you don't agree with? One post has generated 10 pages of posts. It's a shame the OP wasn't given a chance to back-up his assertions and be corrected along the way, as he clearly has no idea of our history.

If everyone who talked or wrote nonsense on here was banned ....

You have all the qualities needed to feel at home in the Premiership.
Judging by yesterday

1 You are not as good as you think you are
2. Your manager blames the pitch and everything but the obvious after a defeat
3 Your fans behave like the typical prawn sandwich premier brigade. 50 away fans from Guiseley made more noise and supported their team better than you lot. 500 fans left before the final whistle, shocking behaviour.
4. You have a poncy fashionable away kit
5 You consider yourselves too good to be bothered with the FA Cup
6 Your players, fringe players or not very good, over rated, over hyped, over paid and play with no heart or respect for your club, the competition or your opponents.

You should remember where you've come from because if you do make the Premiership you will realise you should have enjoyed the journey more and soaked up the experiences like yesterday instead of being so desperate to sell your soul in trying to join the elite where you will never fit in. Lincolns quest to regain our league status is far far greater than your hollow desperation to reach the summit but still we treated the FACup with the respect the great game deserves and we have a squad of about 17 players of whom the 11 who played yesterday have started most of our games. I am so pleased I follow my little low ranked club through thin, thin and thinner when I read the absolute garbage that fans from so called big clubs like yourselves spout. I will be at Solihull Moors on Tuesday night and i would sooner be there than watching a team who have forgot their roots and whose fans think the Premiership is the Holy Grail.

He's obviously upset that our lads didn't put in more effort and get a draw. I think he was hoping to visit some of our gay clubs in the area. Let's hope he finds love in Lincoln and that makes him a happier less bitter person!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here