[Albion] Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

• Yes! Zamora and Murray in the same squad would be AMAZING

Votes: 206 86.2%
  • No - too old/tainted goods or something like that

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
There seems to be an obsession with Glenn Murray, as what was rightly stated by one poster we would not have got Leo & made £8,000,000 after getting fantastic service from him had we have kept Murray. If I were to have a choice I would take Leo back, not Murray as he has shown more love for BHAFC than Murray ever did.
Please lets move on from this obsession.
There is now a great team recruiting players that was not in place previously so let them get on with identifying players who could actually fire us into The Premier League & have a future here.
Yes I would take Murray but he is far from my first choice.
A fit BZ would be a better option.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
well if we agree to pay 10k or 15k of the £30k then bournemouth might be up for that

I seriously doubt it! If we paid the whole of it, that would be £120K for a 28 day loan, up to or around Christmas, covering 4 or 5 key matches. That would potentially be good value, giving us a boost through to the January window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've voted yes, but would rather get Leo back if there was a hypothetical choice between the two.

Havent Leicester said they are not interested in loaning out Leo, or am I imagining it? He would be in greater demand by other Premier clubs than GM so other than his possible affection for us we would be lower on the list than a lot of clubs for him to join. GM is a more realistic possibility of a loan.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would that stop anybody wanting THEIR TEAM to be in the top tier of football. Assorted kick off times will affect a lot as well but it shouldnt stop us wanting to get promoted.

I would struggle to find my season ticket money for the Amex let, alone go to away grounds, which is what I enjoy doing now.
I also like watching Brighton win games and lets be honest, we wouldn't win many games in the top tier. Maybe enough to stay up, but it wouldn't be anything like the percentage of wins we have now.

In the early 80s, crowds fell away because of the results.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What if, talking purely hypothetically, Howe and Murray had a big falling out such that Murray won't get another game at Bournemouth, which might explain him mysteriously not making the 18 for their last game against Newcastle?
Fisticuffs ? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why would that stop anybody wanting THEIR TEAM to be in the top tier of football. Assorted kick off times will affect a lot as well but it shouldnt stop us wanting to get promoted.

Wahey! You can post stuff I agree with.

Let's be clear, the Premier League is a circus, a bloated, money centric business with silly kick off times and expensive tickets. We'll have no chance of winning it and will do well to stay up. Does that mean I don't want to get promoted? I really, really want us to get promoted. Hughton will stay, Tone will get a return on his investment, we'll have some proper away fan atmosphere at the Amex and we won't have sodding Bournemouth Lord Mayoring it over us. Those "Premier Greed" displays from the Always Ultras soon disappeared when the scum went up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You are kidding right? We are already higher than 8 Premier League clubs for the cheapest adult season ticket price and the second highest in the Championship.
Im not kidding away prices are horrendous £50 before a beer is purchased even though I could afford the odd away game would I really want to pay that much to watch a game of football?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hemed, Murray and Zamora would be a pretty slow strike force.

Indeed but two of the three know where the net is.

Ball loose in the 6 yard box or a cross whipped in and I know who I want on the end of them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can you pls give a little more info on this - maybe likelihood of it happening or something? I appreciate you're only allowed to let on so much but would be good to know if anything like this (loan market) was imminent...?

Thanks

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are a striker short in the squad anyway, with 4 the realistic minimum for a top 2 finish.
If Baldock is injured for a while, we are down to 2 strikers.

So, a loan for Murray, and a January purchase of 1 of the South American striking targets is just what we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports