Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

• Yes! Zamora and Murray in the same squad would be AMAZING

Votes: 206 86.2%
  • No - too old/tainted goods or something like that

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Call me a deluded purist but I wouldnt want Murray back. Not because he's not good enough, clearly he is, but he remains soiled goods. I also remember how much of his shit we put up with at withdean.

Poyet made a massive error of judgement letting him slink off to Palace like that but, once he had gone he had gone as far as I was concerned. I felt the same about taking Hammond back. Still do.

It's the same reason that I wouldn't take an ex bird back if she had been smoking the bone with my worst enemy.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Call me a deluded purist but I wouldnt want Murray back. Not because he's not good enough, clearly he is, but he remains soiled goods. I also remember how much of his shit we put up with at withdean.

Poyet made a massive error of judgement letting him slink off to Palace like that but, once he had gone he had gone as far as I was concerned. I felt the same about taking Hammond back. Still do.

It's the same reason that I wouldn't take an ex bird back if she had been smoking the bone with my worst enemy.

Sorry then you are a fool, if he wants to come, score the goals to help take us up BRING HIM BACK.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Any chance you could tell us exactly what shit we had to put up with at Withdean? He was my favourite player there from the day he signed. I remember some fans moaned about his alleged bad attitude, just because he didn't run around kissing the badge and that the Albion kept playing him when he was injured and a little immobile but he was top scorer every season he was here wasn't he?

I think you might be suggesting cutting off your nose to spite your face

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
AFC Bournemouth striker Glenn Murray could be on the verge of leaving the club on loan
Was reported in the press a couple of days ago but was subject to them finding a replacement
Any chance you could tell us exactly what shit we had to put up with at Withdean? He was my favourite player there from the day he signed. I remember some fans moaned about his alleged bad attitude and that the Albion kept playing him when he was injured and a little immobile but he was top scorer every season he was here wasn't he?

I think you might be suggesting cutting off your nose to spite your face

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Murray never did anything wrong, just happened Palace spotted the opportunity and went for it. I'd have him back in a flash but it will never happen.

It may not happen, but there's a lot of things that give us a good chance and they are that mainly he, his Mrs and Kid live in the area.

All the furore caused by him going to palace was fan generated, for the pro footballer, its just another employer on different contract terms. When palace couldnt offer him games, he went for the new employer that could, Fell out with his new boss and now needs a new employer, if he's to get games. Of course if its us, Brighton and palace fans will have something to say about it, but for Murray, it will be first team football in the city where he lives. It makes perfect sense

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As has been pointed out we could sign him but not register him as he has played for 2 clubs this season already. I am sure someone will know the answerr but to refuse to register him wouldnt that make the FL liable under Euro law as restriction of practice, stopping him doing his job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here