Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

• Yes! Zamora and Murray in the same squad would be AMAZING

Votes: 206 86.2%
  • No - too old/tainted goods or something like that

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Absolutely, forgive lots to get promoted

I'd forgive anybody absolutely ANYTHING to get us to the promised land of the Premier League.

Osama Bin Laden could come and play for us if he could guarantee scoring enough goals.

Well, he could if he could play football, and if he wasn't dead of course.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Glenn scored 31 goals for us in our promotion season. He'd absolutely smash the Championship but he's on 30k+ so I doubt you could afford him.

You haven't thought it through have you? He might have to take a huge pay cut, but he'd save an absolute fortune on petrol.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Prudent and solvent are not words I would use for a £200 mill and rising, lose making company.

It is obviously not a significant part of his actual wealth or he wouldnt have spent that much on his football team. I wouldnt think 30k a week for a few weeks wouldnt seriously hurt him if he thought it was needed.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yes, definitely. Glenn is a quality striker. Good with his head and both feet.

Good with his right foot and good at falling over and winning penalties when it is on his left.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It is obviously not a significant part of his actual wealth or he wouldnt have spent that much on his football team. I wouldnt think 30k a week for a few weeks would seriously hurt him if he thought it was needed.

A couple of months ago El Pres said his contact stated if Tonys wealth continues to grow at its current rate he should be a billionaire in about 18 months, So 30 grand a week for a couple of months i'm guessing wouldn't hurt him aswell.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As Hemed missed chance after chance against MK Dons, our little area of the WSU mused that if Glenn Murray had been playing for us, we'd have been 3 or 4 up.

Would you take him on loan until January when we may well SPLURGE on a marquee striker?
Once again a thread on here with a dig at Hemed for not scoring goals, despite having more than double the total of his partner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Once again a thread on here with a dig at Hemed for not scoring goals, despite having more than double the total of his partner.

Don't worry, I'm happy to be critical of the finishing of both our starting strikers.

I also admire aspects of both their games.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
As Hemed missed chance after chance against MK Dons, our little area of the WSU mused that if Glenn Murray had been playing for us, we'd have been 3 or 4 up.

Would you take him on loan until January when we may well SPLURGE on a marquee striker?
No.

SDG

May 26, 2014
What if, talking purely hypothetically, Howe and Murray had a big falling out such that Murray won't get another game at Bournemouth, which might explain him mysteriously not making the 18 for their last game against Newcastle?

I'm not going to read through the whole thread, but he was late for the game. That's why he was dropped.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always a dirty judas **** (unless he joins us again in which case I'd like to see him do well) - until that point though, he is still, of course, a ****.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can't see any reason why anybody would vote no. He didn't want to leave in the 1st place and we ended up with labradoodle

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rumoured to have had a bust up with Howe at half time against Southampton.
Doubt you could afford his wages, allegedly on over £30 k a week, can't see Bournemouth letting him go on loan without all the wages, plus loan fee, being paid.

Ha. If Howe has really fallen out with Murray to the extent where he's been told he has no future there, they might not be too keen to let him sit around, earning £30k per week, doing nothing to earn it and affecting the rest of the squad with his low morale.

Better to cut your losses, get rid of all or some of the wage bill until such time as you can offload permanently. He also still lives in Brighton, and his WAG is also a local girl (who never fancied moving to the Croydon area, strangely).

Admit it: you'd be really disappointed if he came back here, wouldn't you? :lol: Not because it affects you in any way, but just because you like to believe he's your special guy. When in fact he's just a very decent striker who had one phenomenal season for Palace, resulting in you getting promoted.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not going to read through the whole thread, but he was late for the game. That's why he was dropped.

So the Bournemouth forums will have it. What if that was the final straw, or the lateness itself wasn't the issue, so much as how the player dealt with it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why are so many of CPFC2010 supporters posting on a thread about the Albion and a Bmouth player?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here