Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

• Yes! Zamora and Murray in the same squad would be AMAZING

Votes: 206 86.2%
  • No - too old/tainted goods or something like that

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Isn't getting him on loan about as likely as signing the two from Argentina? (Not very likely!)

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Glenn scored 31 goals for us in our promotion season. He'd absolutely smash the Championship but he's on 30k+ so I doubt you could afford him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have allegdly one of the richest chairman in football who doesnt have to go cow tailing it to Americans to raise money. If he wanted he could afford to pay it but is a very prudent man who says the business must be solvent as much as is possible. Unlike the almost skint 4 musketeers in Croydon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glenn scored 31 goals for us in our promotion season. He'd absolutely smash the Championship but he's on 30k+ so I doubt you could afford him.

I imagine he'd take a MASSIVE pay cut to get back to the club he never wanted to leave though

Have you driven from Brighton to Bournemouth recently? The road works on the dual carriageway into Bournemouth are causing fecking horrendous delays. I expect Glenn would jump at the chance of not having to make that trip to be confronted by a smug Thunderbird every morning.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A 28 day loan would cost £120K in wages (if people are right about him being on £30K a week). £120K for him to play four or five matches in the run up to (or even around) Christmas sounds like potentially good value to me. Even if we had to pay B'muff a bit on top for a loan fee.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
A 28 day loan would cost £120K in wages (if people are right about him being on £30K a week). £120K for him to play four or five matches in the run up to (or even around) Christmas sounds like potentially good value to me. Even if we had to pay B'muff a bit on top for a loan fee.

F***ing hell. I agree it would be worth it, but just shows how mad football has gone with money. 120 THOUSAND POUNDS for a bloke to play max 450 minutes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Especially if we won 3 of the games as we have Burnley Birmingham Derby QPR and Middlesbro to play before Christmas.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
F***ing hell. I agree it would be worth it, but just shows how mad football has gone with money. 120 THOUSAND POUNDS for a bloke to play max 450 minutes.

You sound as if you hadn't noticed until now that footballers now receive astronomical amounts of wages!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
We have allegdly one of the richest chairman in football who doesnt have to go cow tailing it to Americans to raise money. If he wanted he could afford to pay it but is a very prudent man who says the business must be solvent as much as is possible. Unlike the almost skint 4 musketeers in Croydon.

Prudent and solvent are not words I would use for a £200 mill and rising, lose making company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here