Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

• Yes! Zamora and Murray in the same squad would be AMAZING

Votes: 206 86.2%
  • No - too old/tainted goods or something like that

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Wouldn't see him as a potential record signing as little resale value after this contract. Would be happy with a loan

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
About a month ago he bought a £2 million house in Brighton, married to a Brighton lass. Maybe offer the £4 million for him and he would be happy with a very decent wage, but less than he is on now and a very nice promotion bonus.

As much as might be a nice romantic return for you,Glenn is a professional footballer.
He has maybe 2/3 years left at the top level, he wants to earn as much as he can, and who can blame him ?
Your top wage is about £15 k a week ? Will you double that ?
I would hope if he was available for a loan move, we would get him back. Loved by all, and he clearly loved being with us.

Ps. Come back to the BBS Andy, we miss you :ffsparr:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
A loan to beef up our options, give him regular game time and increase our goals to chances ratio would get a big YES from me.
I'd doubt that whatever bust up he may have had with Eddie Howe has been severe enough to make them consider it, though. Yet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What if, talking purely hypothetically, Howe and Murray had a big falling out such that Murray won't get another game at Bournemouth, which might explain him mysteriously not making the 18 for their last game against Newcastle?

Me thinks that you are in cloud cuckoo land here. Why on earth would Bournemuff want to loan him out when they have just splurged millions on him, and they are short of strikers themselves.

A wonderful idea though.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
As much as might be a nice romantic return for you,Glenn is a professional footballer.
He has maybe 2/3 years left at the top level, he wants to earn as much as he can, and who can blame him ?
I would hope if he was available for a loan move, we would get him back. Loved by all, and he clearly loved being with us.

What romantic about it. Its a gamble on his part. £30,000 a week is about £1.5m a year. £15,000 a week is about £750,000 a year. If he has a £1 million promotion bonus then he is up on the deal (unless he has £1 million to avoid relegation) We are chatting to the fella in Argentina and have had a bid of £6 million rejected. Why not £4 million and the £2 million promotion bonus thats the £6 million and Glenn is bound to be up on that deal especially if the contract says we will pay the £30,000 a week if we are promoted. He obviously likes Brighton as a place as I don't see him buying a place in Croydon. Perhaps family is as important as money as long as he is getting a very decent wage.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What if, talking purely hypothetically, Howe and Murray had a big falling out such that Murray won't get another game at Bournemouth, which might explain him mysteriously not making the 18 for their last game against Newcastle?

Did Murray forget to wave to the crowd in a previous game perhaps?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I think he would always preferred to have stayed here, it is well documented. You got him by default. He even still lives here. Gus Poyet/Tony Bloom **** up meant you got him, don't let that make you think he ever wanted to be at your shithole :smile:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What romantic about it. Its a gamble on his part. £30,000 a week is about £1.5m a year. £15,000 a week is about £750,000 a year. If he has a £1 million promotion bonus then he is up on the deal (unless he has £1 million to avoid relegation) We are chatting to the fella in Argentina and have had a bid of £6 million rejected. Why not £4 million and the £2 million promotion bonus thats the £6 million and Glenn is bound to be up on that deal especially if the contract says we will pay the £30,000 a week if we are promoted. He obviously likes Brighton as a place as I don't see him buying a place in Croydon. Perhaps family is as important as money as long as he is getting a very decent wage.

Funnily enough, not all of the areas around Croydon are burnt out council flats !
He happily travelled from his Brighton base to us, so he wouldn't have to rough it.
The problem is a potential big outlay, for little or no return.
Will TB go for it and still keep within FFP ???

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

The one glaring thing that you're overlooking is that Calleri would have a sale on value that would be at least be equal (probably more) than that which would be paid to Boca. With Murray you would have to look on it as an out going expense that won't ever be recovered.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think he would always preferred to have stayed here, it is well documented. You got him by default. He even still lives here. Gus Poyet/Tony Bloom **** up meant you got him, don't let that make you think he ever wanted to be at your shithole :smile:

The fans loved him at Selhurst, don't think he had that at the Withdene, another shithole.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Reading between the lines Bozza are you telling us this is a live one?...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sweet.

Let's help him out :rock:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Funnily enough, not all of the areas around Croydon are burnt out council flats !
He happily travelled from his Brighton base to us, so he wouldn't have to rough it.
The problem is a potential big outlay, for little or no return.
Will TB go for it and still keep within FFP ???

FFP has changed this season, we are allowed to make a loss of £13 million, I fully expect us to make a near £13 million loss, so yes under them circumstances and considering we went for the Argentina fella I do think we can afford Glenn Murray. Even with a 6 month loan at £30,000 a week I think we can afford him, after all isn't that what Bournemouth done with Kenwyn Jones? Just for the record I don't think we will go for him and we will try for the Argentina fella. Thats if he ever became available.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The one glaring thing that you're overlooking is that Calleri would have a sale on value that would be at least be equal (probably more) than that which would be paid to Boca. With Murray you would have to look on it as an out going expense that won't ever be recovered.

Unless he shot us to the Premier League of course.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Murray is a MUCH better option than Hemed, no brainer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here