Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would we take £170k for Dickinson??

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's worth more but his season with us hasn't justified the fee we paid. £170k is ok, a straight swap plus cash for McLean or Mackail-Smith would be better!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Dickinson is without a doubt, shite. Great youtube video of him and thats about it. We can clearly see he is lacking in alot of areas of his game ie technique and first touch. 25 goal a season only for shit teams I'm afraid. Put him with class and his true colours show. Players like Bent of Sunderland are like this, score loads of shit goals for shit teams but when it comes to playing with the big boys, they look well out of their depth. Dickinson is a good league 1 player for teams like Stockport, Oldham, Carlisle and Hartlepool but we're a club who are expecting Championship football with our next opportunity.
Gus Poyet is an admirer of class more than anything else in how players play. LuaLua is obviously encouraged to run with it, the back-four have been told to play as much as defend, the midfeild battle is more about keeping the ball than winning it and the keeper is playing it short alot more. Dickinson if encouraged would still be playing the sort of football which isn't required at the Albion, physical, awkward sort of style. He'll be gone before he's had a chance to say goodbye. I'm sure the money will be grabbed.

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Never take the first offer...

If Gus is interested in McLean or Mackail-Smith then fair enough - do a deal. Otherwise drag Dickinson back here and let's see who might be interested in pre-season. He DOES have potential and if his attitude were right he would be worth what we reportedly paid for him.

I agree with Mendoza, if we get the £170,000 plus George Boyd it will be very good business on our behalf.

never going to happen, he went out on loan to Premiership chasing Nottingham forest, he will want to stay in the championship surely?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have been suggesting Dickenson + £100k for ages for McLean and been told I am stupid as he will go for about £5m.

Considering you edited this post, I find it amazing Dickinson is STILL spellt with an e there. Anyhoo, £5million for McLean. That's the real gag from your post. But someone says earlier in the thread that Barry Fry puts ridiculous valuations on players and if he thinks McLean is worth that much, then he is living up to his billing.

never going to happen, he went out on loan to Premiership chasing Nottingham forest, he will want to stay in the championship surely?

Can't blame me for being ambitious, though. :blush:

==
On a side bar, having watched that Dickinson video, does it remind anyone else of the numerous Zamora videos? Watching that video got me all excited about Liam Dickinson again... shame he was playing in such an uncreative side here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt suggest that McLean will go for £5m and in fact suggested that he is no better than Lambert or Barnard so £1m realistically is the top price that he would be sold for and that Dickinson + £100k would be a good deal for all concerned.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Players like Bent of Sunderland are like this, score loads of shit goals for shit teams but when it comes to playing with the big boys, they look well out of their depth. Dickinson is a good league 1 player for teams like Stockport, Oldham, Carlisle and Hartlepool but we're a club who are expecting Championship football with our next opportunity.

Where's the logic in that?

your saying that Darren Bent is shit because he couldn't score for a top premiership side who create him lots of easier chances and can only score for Sunderland when he does most of the work on his own.

I see your logic!!!

Considering you edited this post, I find it amazing Dickinson is STILL spellt with an e there. Anyhoo, £5million for McLean. That's the real gag from your post. But someone says earlier in the thread that Barry Fry puts ridiculous valuations on players and if he thinks McLean is worth that much, then he is living up to his billing.

Can't blame me for being ambitious, though. :blush:

==
On a side bar, having watched that Dickinson video, does it remind anyone else of the numerous Zamora videos? Watching that video got me all excited about Liam Dickinson again... shame he was playing in such an uncreative side here.

Lol there's ambitious then there is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here