Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would we take £170k for Dickinson??

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We shouldn't take it. He is worth more than that.

We should get him playing some football here and start earning his transfer fee.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I suppose it depends on who we get as a replacement.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree with Mendoza, if we get the £170,000 plus George Boyd it will be very good business on our behalf.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No more money needed thanks, he will be probably end up like Iwelumo and bang in a hatful for someone.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Rumour over the summer was that the undisclosed fee we signed him for was £300,000 - £500,000.

Source - somewhere on NSC, somewhere.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd take it, he doesn't seem the kind of player who Poyet would use regularly in terms of him being a more physical striker rather than a technical one.

If that's the case, best he moves on and frees up money for Poyet to get someone he's going to make better use of.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
i meant get £170k off the price of George Boyd, he is worth far more than Dickinson. A deal for us to get someone like Boyd would involve cash + Liam Dickinson

I don't agree, they loaned him out. The club who loaned him haven't really played him much. I think he'll probably leave them in the summer as it is anyway, and we paid atleast £300,000 for Dickinson so accepting just over half a year later would be daft business, without getting someone else in return. Maybe it's a bit ambitious to hope for Boyd, but it's not unrealistic I don't think.

170k + a player who countless top championship clubs and premiership clubs are interested in and would probably cost a couple of million himself, for Liam f***ing Dickinson? :lolol:

Countless? Source? Or is this another case of "he's at a different club, he must be brilliant" syndrome?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't agree, they loaned him out. The club who loaned him haven't really played him much. I think he'll probably leave them in the summer as it is anyway, and we paid atleast £300,000 for Dickinson so accepting just over half a year later would be daft business, without getting someone else in return. Maybe it's a bit ambitious to hope for Boyd, but it's not unrealistic I don't think.

Countless? Source? Or is this another case of "he's at a different club, he must be brilliant" syndrome?

I honestly cannot believe what I'm reading. As for a 'source' search back through some newspapers, he's been linked with loads of top championship clubs and bottom end premiership clubs. Not 100% sure but I think Peterborough rejected a 1.2M bid for him in January. Might not have been him but I think it was. ???

Your living on cloud cucko land if you think were going to get cash + BOYD for Dickinson.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What I LOVE most about Liam is that usually he is NOWHERE in the penalty area and is usually PONCING around on the halfway line or the edge of the 18 yard box whenever we were on the attack.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No more money needed thanks, he will be probably end up like Iwelumo and bang in a hatful for someone.

This, he will be a useful goalscorer for someone. So it may as well be us.

He has scored 3 in 7 at Peterborough, who are bottom of the league (not a huge amount of service) and in the league above us (better defensive opposition, so harder to score against)

He must be worth a handful of games as Murray's partner

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Boyd signed for Forest didn't he? ???

No chance of him coming here anyway, obviously. We should get rid of Dickinson any way we can, if we recoup a bit of the money we wasted all well and good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here