Would we take £170k for Dickinson??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think he is a good player, but his attitude stunk and the sickie and Sun article pushed him out the door. Don't mess with Gus. From this video, it appears that he used to be a lot quicker and fitter. The video also tells you that he is a potential goal poacher and rugby, football and Northern climates do not help the pitch.

[yt]Nd4JBjwsWrY[/yt]

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I don't agree, they loaned him out. The club who loaned him haven't really played him much. I think he'll probably leave them in the summer as it is anyway, and we paid atleast £300,000 for Dickinson so accepting just over half a year later would be daft business, without getting someone else in return. Maybe it's a bit ambitious to hope for Boyd, but it's not unrealistic I don't think.

Because he refused to sign a new contract. (I think.)

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think he is a good player, but his attitude stunk and the sickie and Sun article pushed him out the door. Don't mess with Gus. From this video, it appears that he used to be a lot quicker and fitter. The video also tells you that he is a potential goal poacher and rugby, football and Northern climates do not help the pitch.

[yt]Nd4JBjwsWrY[/yt]

That was Division 4, but still, he showed he can get inside the 6 yard box, which he fails to do time and time again when he played for us.

He turned up to the dinner on Monday night, and the players seem to really get on with him. He just needs to sort himself out and show he wants actually play football instead of pissing about on the coast

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

[yt]Nd4JBjwsWrY[/yt]

Nobody who has seen this video can doubt that he can score us 20+ goals in league 1 and get us promoted

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'd take it, he doesn't seem the kind of player who Poyet would use regularly in terms of him being a more physical striker rather than a technical one.

If that's the case, best he moves on and frees up money for Poyet to get someone he's going to make better use of.

Physical striker?!:lolol: Liam Dickinson is anything but a physical striker!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Ironically the role that suits Dickinson best, and the one that Gannon used him in successfully both at Stockport and P'boro was as the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation.

:lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

[yt]Nd4JBjwsWrY[/yt]

That is VERY annoying watching that video as in nearly every single clip he is BURSTING into the 6 yard box and getting little tap ins, he NEVER does that for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely take £170k for him.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Boyd signed for Forest didn't he? ???

Only on loan (6 months i believe). I think that was when there was interest from premier/upper championship clubs, and probably went out on loan to prove a point. Would'nt be at all suprised if forest have a future fee agreed, where they can sign him at any point of the loan period.
As for swapping Dickinson for Boyd, not a cat in hells chance! With Barry Fry's hilarious valuations of players too, it would take a hell of a lot of cash plus dickinson.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
He was obviously quite good for Stockport in DIVISION FOUR (which some people seem to be forgetting time and time again) but I would happily pay £170,000 myself to not have to ever see that cumbersome, diving, lazy, first-touch-of-a-baby-elephant, unable-to-win-a-header-despite-being-9ft, useless twat in a Brighton shirt ever again.

Whatever he did elsewhere, he was f***ing appalling for us. He was like a bad version of Bas Savage.

I feel bad saying all this because he's seem like a nice lad and his Mum apparently reads NSC.... but, Mrs Dickinson, for all his qualities as a person you're lad is ruddy terrible at football. For Brighton, anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was obviously quite good for Stockport in DIVISION FOUR (which some people seem to be forgetting time and time again) but I would happily pay £170,000 myself to not have to ever see that cumbersome, diving, lazy, first-touch-of-a-baby-elephant, unable-to-win-a-header-despite-being-9ft, useless twat in a Brighton shirt ever again.

Forward the money to my account, and I reckon I can get someone to arrange that...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is there really that much of a gulf between the divisions?

There are plenty of examples of players scoring regularly and making the step up and scoring regularly.

These are just some recent ones (league games only).

Grant Holt - L2 Rochdale (0.45), Shrews (0.47); L1 Norwich (0.63)
Glenn Murray - L2 Rochdale (0.53); L1 Brighton (0.49)
C Mackail-Smith - L2 Peterboro (0.33); L2 Peterboro (0.5)
Simeon Jackson - L2 Gills (0.38); L1 (0.35)

(0.xx) = Goal Ratio

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We should hang on to him and get some regular playing time for him.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
i think there is a good player there, if he can get his head right. It was frustrating watching him because he so often flattered to deceive. The highlights DVD from the first part of the season shows he was often involved in goals with assists etc and did put some away quite well. Dont think Slade ran a very discplined operation and he exploited that. If Poyet could get him focused and hungry to play in a winning team I think he could be an asset because he can be a handful and is unlike other players we have. I just don't think it'll happen...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports