*** World's Hardest Creature VII, 2014 SEMI FINAL A ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Grimble

The People's Champion shows his tenacity again.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
i've not seen any evidence of a honey badger going after anything. All the videos have shown that it will fight back when attacked, which most animals would. Where is this evidence of it going batshitmental?

Anyone daft enough to try and film the batshitmental badger would bring the wrath of said creature down upon themselves.

As any right thinking person would know, this wrath would result in near instant obliteration, along with the evidence you so understandably seek.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
ARE HONEY BADGERS INVINCIBLE?

The Honey badger has been referred to as "the meanest animal in the world", and they are often considered to have no enemies, apart from man. However, in reality there are a number of records of them being killed by lion, leopard and on one occasion an African rock python. Some authors suggest that badgers are impervious to bee stings (and even bullets), but badgers have been stung to death by honeybees, particularly when they are caught in apiary traps (Kingdon 1989; personal communications)

DO HONEY BADGERS EMASCULATE THEIR PREY?

Honey badgers are reputed to go for the scrotum when attacking large animals. The first published record of this behaviour was a circumstantial account by Stevenson- Hamilton (1947) where a badger reportedly castrated an adult Buffalo. Other animals alleged to have been emasculated by honey badgers include wildebeest, waterbuck, kudu, zebra and man. This has also been reported by other African tribes, but no direct evidence exists to support this behaviour

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Anyone daft enough to try and film the batshitmental badger would bring the wrath of said creature down upon themselves.

As any right thinking person would know, this wrath would result in near instant obliteration, along with the evidence you so understandably seek.

Really? I tried to get a picture of the one I saw, but it was running away so fast all I have is a half-blurred photo of a furry arse diappearing out of frame.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Really? I tried to get a picture of the one I saw, but it was running away so fast all I have is a half-blurred photo of a furry arse diappearing out of frame.

Deception. It was sprinting on a circuit so as to be directly behind you when you turned round.

Obviously it was delayed by the prospect of taking on greater prey or demolishing a building.

Vicious, clever and possessing an odd sense of humour, all hail the Honeybadger.

Aug 23, 2011

sounds like someone has good PR on its side and nothing to back up these claims.....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Because the croc is a pussy and knows when its beaten.

What, like in last year's semi final?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ile***&highlight=worlds+hardest+creature+2013

I view this choice as being between on one hand, a blood and guts brawler (honey badger) against a refined, multi-faceted highly developed killing machine(crocodile). Its basically the pub scrapper against the S.A.S. Different eople have different versions of hard, but personally I think the SAS are harder than pub brawlers.

Or in footballing terms its John Terry against Paolo Maldini. Personally, I prefer Maldini so vote Crocodile.

He is has everything you want in a competitor. He's tough as nails...not just his armour plating skin but in the fact that he's been around for 80million years in his current form. That means that he was a contemporary of the dinosaurs, was able to hold his own against them and then when they couldn't cope with the climate change or whatever it was that wiped them out, the crocodiles kept on going. That right there is pretty hard.

Then there is the fact that he can lose limbs and/or his tail and still he can carry on regardless. Most animals, the honey badger included, would be straight out of the game if they lost a leg. The crocodile just carries on with only marginal effect on his efficacy as an apex predator and all round hard *******. That right there is pretty hard.

Then there his fighting and killing ability. They have explode out of the water at their victim and bite down with the hardest bite force per square inch of any animal in the world. That means the croc has the most powerful bite in the world irrespective of size. That right their is pretty hard.

Finally (for now, perhaps...) they have the Death Roll. That is, they have a signature killing move. No other animal has a signature killing move. That right there is pretty hard. And cool.

Vote Croc.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That's the most pathetic African battle I've ever seen. Pair of pussies. If plastic chairs were available, both animals would have LUZZED them

:catfight:

You say that, but this might be even more pathetic. Honey badger in Leopard's tree. Leopard approaches. Honey badger runs away.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
sounds like someone has good PR on its side and nothing to back up these claims.....

Firstly, whilst I would love to claim some sort of PR victory for the Honeybadger I'm afraid that I simply can't. Anything I write in support of this noble lunatic of an animal is merely a reflection of its own obvious qualities.

I also note the removal of the 'All hail the Honeybadger' line which is, I believe, representative of the subtly negative campaigning from the Crocodile's representatives.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Honey badgers are reputed to go for the scrotum when attacking large animals. The first published record of this behaviour was a circumstantial account by Stevenson- Hamilton (1947) where a badger reportedly castrated an adult Buffalo. Other animals alleged to have been emasculated by honey badgers include wildebeest, waterbuck, kudu, zebra and man. This has also been reported by other African tribes, but no direct evidence exists to support this behaviour

Even if this is true, there's nothing hard about going for the NUTS, there's no room for that kind of UNSPORTING behaviour in this competition.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Take that back.

I can't, it's true. And deep down you know it. Terry is all heart, he gets stuck in, puts his head where the boots are flying. Thats the honey badger right there. Maldini was the opposite. A classy, refined many faceted player. His career lasted about as long as the crocodiles too...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
ARE HONEY BADGERS INVINCIBLE?

The Honey badger has been referred to as "the meanest animal in the world", and they are often considered to have no enemies, apart from man. However, in reality there are a number of records of them being killed by lion, leopard and on one occasion an African rock python. Some authors suggest that badgers are impervious to bee stings (and even bullets), but badgers have been stung to death by honeybees, particularly when they are caught in apiary traps (Kingdon 1989; personal communications)

DO HONEY BADGERS EMASCULATE THEIR PREY?

We had this last year - so let's nip it in the BALLS.

You can't expect loads of evidence of such a phenomena, if by evidence you mean our Western, documented, hypothesis-tested, laboratory, empirical, control-cell 'evidence'. Because that doesn't exist out where the Honey Badger is chomping on GONADS.

There is a WEALTH of evidence, in the form of the oral history of the noble African people, who for generations have been a) avoiding Hbs cause they knew they were batshitmental and double hard, b) watching HBs pushing around lions, buffalo and hyena and c) sharing stories of people who had their PLUMS gobbled up.

Not everything that doesn't fit your narrow view of what you perceive to be evidence is false.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports