Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves........

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
dances-with-wolves-1232642233-article-editorial-0.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
blimey is there anyone left out there that the Wolves chairman can crawl up to and supplicate himself before?

"we think we will be going down anyway so don't want to trust/pay big bucks to anyone beyond three months......................" is possibly not helping :lol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Maybe only offering a short term deal in the first instance?

What's Big Ron up to?

Last I heard of him, he was doing the co-commentary on Radio WM. Maybe he could dream team the Wolves job with Marcel Desailly? He's definitely NOT a racist ya see. :thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The truth is they couldn't afford him - no doubt Bloom mentioned the £2m compo and they decided not to bother. That's why poyet didn't have a decision to make.

Seems a strange state of affairs to me - considering Morgan is worth about £350 million & the trap-door beckons. I wonder what 'Future Vision' of Wolves he & Moxey have (since they can't get anybody to manage them)?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Seems a strange state of affairs to me - considering Morgan is worth about £350 million & the trap-door beckons. I wonder what 'Future Vision' of Wolves he & Moxey have (since they can't get anybody to manage them)?

If that's the case, they may be back in for Poyet at some point if its true Smith has turned it down.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If that's the case, they may be back in for Poyet at some point if its true Smith has turned it down.

according to leading footie journo, they are coming back in for Poyet, read down a few tweets, he's in convo with Phil McNulty

http://twitter.com/#!/James_Fielden

Phil McNulty [MENTION=14211]Phil[/MENTION]mcnulty

So who is next for Wolves? Steve Bruce? Terry Connor? Dave Jones?

James Fielden[MENTION=14211]Phil[/MENTION]mcnulty Poyet at the 3rd time of asking.

Odds Changer[MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]Fielden How likely is this third approach being successful?

James Fielden@Oddschanger Don't think they'd have gone bk for a 3rd time if they weren't going to make it work for all parties. May have 2 stump up cash.

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
according to leading footie journo, they are coming back in for Poyet, read down a few tweets, he's in convo with Phil McNulty

http://twitter.com/#!/James_Fielden

Phil McNulty [MENTION=14211]Phil[/MENTION]mcnulty

So who is next for Wolves? Steve Bruce? Terry Connor? Dave Jones?

James Fielden[MENTION=14211]Phil[/MENTION]mcnulty Poyet at the 3rd time of asking.

Odds Changer[MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]Fielden How likely is this third approach being successful?

James Fielden@Oddschanger Don't think they'd have gone bk for a 3rd time if they weren't going to make it work for all parties. May have 2 stump up cash.

Not surprising. If they do stump up the cash then can't see Bloom not giving Poyet the opportunity to find out what they would offer him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not surprising. If they do stump up the cash then can't see Bloom not giving Poyet the opportunity to find out what they would offer him.

had a free £20 bet with skybet, just lumped it on Poyet at 18/1, minute later he is down to 8/1. prefer not to win, but £360 if he goes

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
had a free £20 bet with skybet, just lumped it on Poyet at 18/1, minute later he is down to 8/1. prefer not to win, but £360 if he goes

Fair shout, I love a little tickle on these markets, real rollercoaster stuff, I'm playing Gus @ 25s & Terry Connor @ 50s

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you get £360. What about the rest of us you selfish bar steward?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Anyone else starting to get concerned? I am.

You are? I have just bought a house with my (Wolves supporting) Girlfriend. This could leave me penniless and living on the streets...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You are? I have just bought a house with my (Wolves supporting) Girlfriend. This could leave me penniless and living on the streets...

Oh dear! Reminds me of Euro '96. I was still with my (now ex) wife who is Dutch. Before the Holland game we agreed no piss taking or anything WHATEVER the result, and we watched the game in different pubs. Unfortunately I couldn't help myself after the total and utter humiliation we dished out to them. Thinking about it, maybe that was a massive contributer to why she is now my ex-wife! :laugh:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you can still get 16's with stan james (doubt for much longer) .... slap a tenner on it? If he stays you wont miss a tenner, f he goes you'll be fu*ked off with £160 in your back pocket
If it was a free sky bet I would be tempted.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Found tyhis on Wolves forum, made me chuckle

This was taken off Molineux Mix and was posted by Lucky Jim so I take no credit what so ever, but it did make me smile a bit.
The Steve Bruce interview transcript

The Interview:

Morgan: (Reading from Terry Connor's clipboard) "Let me first make it clear this club is a project Alan, er, I mean Steve. It's a self-sustaining entity, a testament to sound business practice. It's about long-term vision and building for the future. We believe in a gradual, patient progress founded on the ethics of honest labour. It's the Wolves DNA."

Moxey: (yawns) "Hi Steve." (offers Bruce his KFC bucket)

Bruce: "Thanks Jez." (takes two pieces from Jez's KFC bucket; a drumstick and a thigh)

Morgan: (sounds of munching in the background) "I've had a good look at your CV Steve. I know you're not a novice and you've done some good things at Wigan and Sunderland.

Moxey: "We need somone who's got an appetite. Someone who's you...er..someone who's hungry."

Morgan: "You've got all the attributes, you're you...er..are...hungry, got proven experience in the Premier League; there is however just one tiny issue that could prove a stumbling block."

Bruce: (wipes his lips) "What could that be?"

Morgan: "Tell him Jez."

Moxey "You tell him. I had to tell Mick last week" (irritated at the loss of his chicken thigh)

Morgan: "Erm, er, well in short, we've got a few rotten apples amongst our supporters. I read an Express and Star poll today and i've been on Molineux Mix - I'm afraid the fans well, 50,000 it seems er,....."

Moxey: "The fans are being fickle. They complain about the food, the prices, the seats. Full of bile and negativity. They think we're a big club. Don't worry about them Steve, they're a bunch of ungrateful bolsheviks."

Morgan: (chuckling) "You could say I'm a red too."

Bruce: "They think I've got a big-head haven't they? It's my big...."

Morgan: "Let's move on. Ok Steve, can you tell me how much you'd need to finish 17th next season?"

Bruce: "I would say £20 million. You've gotta spend to stand still these days. I could bring in Gardner, er..."

Morgan: (Bursts into hysterics) "Blimey Steve, do I look like a Russian oligarch?. We only need an extra point more than last season. That would constitute the clear progression we're aiming for."

Moxey: (frowning) "Do you mind if I make a phone-call?"

Bruce: "I thought this was an interview. You said i ticked all the boxes."

Moxey: "Hi there, is that Gus? Gus how much do you think you need to finish 17th next season?"

Poyet: (in a crackly phone voice) "Maybe, er £15 million. I could also teach Henry to pass the ball. Forwards."

Moxey: "Blimey Gus, do I look like an oil sheikh? How about £10 million?"

Poyet: (hangs up)

Morgan: "That bald guy at reading. He runs a tight ship; have you got his number Jez?"

Bruce: "This is my interview!" (face getting redder)

Moxey: "Hi there, is that Brian? How much do you think you need to finish 17th next season?"

MacDermott: (crackly phone voice) "I think £10 million and a couple of Irish lads."

Moxey: "Blimey Brian, do I look like a bejewelled, indian poultry tycoon?"

Morgan: "Chuck him a new-build, 4-bedroom, mock tudor at Compton. It's got a walk-in wardrobe."

MacDermott: "I'll talk to my agent. I'll call you."

Bruce: "This is just plain disrespectful guys. I'm off."

Morgan: "Ah, c'mon Steve mate, I'll offer you a 5-bedroom....Steve? Don't go Steve...."

Moxey: (sits in bemused silence)

Morgan: "Ok, Jez, what's Big Ron doing these days? And when you leave, can you look at oddschecker and get a price on Barry Fry?"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Anyone else starting to get concerned? I am.

Earlier today I was. The I remembered that we survived Archer, Stanley and Bellotti's attempts to put us out of business and realised that we'll replace Gus with somebody as good (or better). It's not like we're stuck at Withdean with no idea of when our stadium will be built. The manager's job at Brighton will attract better candidates than Wolves have managed-the job is one of the best outside the top 10 in the Premier League. So, if he goes we may have a bit of a blip, lose a few back-room people but they can all be replaced and we'll all enjoy watching Wolves fail.

Just sort your f***ing mess out quickly you Wolves tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here