Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves........

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Would love to put to bed and move on. Sadly, an article in the Mail does not give me the confidence to do that

This is now in more than one paper and also sky sports, all qoutes from Gus saying he didnt have to make a descion as there was not one to make, he never spoke with Wolves

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why exactly he would want to go there is beyond me. We will be playing them next season FFS. Why he can't just come out with something along the lines of Wolverhampton is a hellhole and there is no chance of me going there. ??????

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Does not make sense as this same article came out on weds evening

Brighton manager Gus Poyet has revealed Wolves approached the Seagulls to secure his services but insisted he "never had a decision to make''.

GettyImages
Gus Poyet: On Wolves wanted list
• Wolves eye Reading boss McDermott
• Curbishley rejects Wolves offer

Wolves are on the hunt for a new boss following the sacking of Mick McCarthy after five-and-a-half years in charge.

Steve Bruce and Alan Curbishley have been touted as the frontrunners for the vacancy at the Premier League strugglers but Poyet also appears to have been on the radar at some stage.

Wolves have previously denied reports they have made an approach for Poyet who, though, spoke after his side's 0-0 draw at Hull.

"There was an approach but it came and went. I didn't have any decisions to make, anything to think about. I was not involved at all. It was not difficult for me, I was not involved at any time.''

The Uruguayan signed a five-year deal with the npower Championship Seagulls in September 2011 and despite admitting he is keen to manage in the top flight, he feels he could fulfil his ambitions with at the Amex Stadium.

"I've said a few times that we all aim for the same - players want to play at the highest level, I want to manage in the Premier League,'' the former Chelsea midfielder added.

"At the moment the easiest way will be in the next two or three years or whatever it takes with Brighton.

"If we don't then I need to move on because I want to manage at the top. I'm not going to lie to people. I don't want to wait 20 years but it doesn't need to happen now.

"If something happens or comes along I will think about it, talk to the chairman - he's the main one - and we'll see. These are all the things you cannot control so I'm relaxed about it.''

Having led Brighton to the League One title last season, earning the manager of the year award along the way, the 44-year-old is content to continue shaping the south coast club's future.

"I'm very lucky where I am,'' he added. "I can get the players for the style I play, I can get involved in the new academy and part of the building of the new training ground.

"It's a great place to be. I'm saying I'm not in a hurry, I signed a long-term contract because I want to be here.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1025746/gus-poyet-reveals-wolves-'approach'?cc=5901

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Roy Keane stayed in a hotel in Wolves earlier this week. Very reliable source.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So sack Mick McCarthy and bring in Walter Smith after being turned down by Curbishley, McDermott and possibly Poyet... If i was a Wolves fan I'd be mightily pissed off.

Just shows where they are now as a team Wolves, basically not a big hitter just occasional Premiershite cannon fodder

Walter Smith is probably a good choice - someone who will try and save them from relegation but is not bothered about a longer term deal .I am sure the vacancy will re-occur in the summer and then the speculation can start all over again.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Just shows where they are now as a team Wolves, basically not a big hitter just occasional Premiershite cannon fodder

To be frank Beach Hut I suspect your synopsis of Wolves' situation is pretty much what we will be best case scenario over the next couple of seasons. Huge club, great tradition and have managed to stay up in the Premier League.

I would bite the arm so to speak for that to be the reality of our future for the next four or five years. For me this whole situation puts into rather damning perspective the idiocy of the decision to fire McCarthy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why exactly he would want to go there is beyond me. We will be playing them next season FFS.

Which is exactly what Warren Aspinall said on his summarising at the Hull game for Radio Sussex. He also said when asked about Razak that he came to us because we area bigger club than Portsmouth with more ambition then added he would also get paid. Rather harsh as he played more games for them than for any other club before joining us.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Curbishley - not interested.
Bruce - not interested.
McDermott - not interested.
Poyet - not available.
Smith - not interested.

I wonder who Wolves SIXTH choice will be...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Unbelievable. So whoever gets it will know they were 6th choice! Why would any Manager worth their salt accept that?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Curbishley - not interested.
Bruce - not interested.
McDermott - not interested.
Poyet - not available.
Smith - not interested.

I wonder who Wolves SIXTH choice will be...

I think Bruce was not wanted for fear of fan backlash. I'd also prefer to see "not interested" next to Poyet...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think Bruce was not wanted for fear of fan backlash. I'd also prefer to see "not interested" next to Poyet...

The truth is they couldn't afford him - no doubt Bloom mentioned the £2m compo and they decided not to bother. That's why poyet didn't have a decision to make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here