Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you renew your season ticket if/when we get relegated?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Depends if by then I'm near the top of the Palace ST waiting list. :moo:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would renew regardless of the division, manager, squad, stadium, etc..... we found ourselves with.

I have been going to games through the bad times and the good since before i can remember and dropping a division would never put me off.

I think a lot of the negativity on this board is from those who worry that if everything isn't perfect, then no-one will renew and the club will wither and die and by being negative, they think somehow they are acting in the clubs best interest and trying to safeguard it's future. What they don't realise is that the negativity does far more damage and is far more likely to put people off than things like relegation, etc.....

no it isnt...that doesnt take into account personal circumstances. There is only perceived negativity from the position we are in and there is a long way to go.

Looking at the bleakest of terms, then what people are saying is they would expect a reductuion in ST price. That I would think is pie in the sky and there is no way prices will ever drop. in fact the argument will be that as we are in a lower division we need money to get back up...chicken and egg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Me and 3 sons all adults will be a no if we are relegated but a maybe if we stay up. This will break 26yrs of renewals for me if the worst case scenario happens

That seems a real shame, and I hope it doesn't come to that. I love taking my two lads to the football, and its not something I'd give up just because the opposition is Bury instead of Wigan :shrug:

Yes of course, as long as Bloom/Barber didn't absolutely take the piss on renewal price

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect I will be able to find a better seat. I would not want to forego that opportunity.

I will probably leave it late in case we sell all of our players and we have none left to watch.

I would be very tempted to see how things go. I could just buy a season ticket for the second half of the season if we have a good start.

A lot depends of what the others do. There were some unexpected gaps for the Rotherham game. Some people were very pissed off. More so than at any time this season.

I can't say I was. I been going for too long. I was dismayed at the team selection and performance at Spurs, but that was on the TV. Bournemouth a was a bit better.

Last edited:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've no doubt I would continue to invest in a Season Ticket, but it would only be if they reduced prices.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been taking Ben since he was about 3 but is now 20 so he buys his own ticket and sits with a mate so may take my 5 year old granddaughter who has been to a few games but cant understand why Leo Ulloa plays for Leicester now.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
You are probably right. What I actually meant was that most supporters circumstances and finance permitting would renew irrespective of the division. Followers who never go to games anyway, or buy anything from the club, but class themselves as supporters wouldnt but they didnt buy them in the first place so to me are followers not supporters.

The title thread is "would you renew your season ticket" I would presume that this is about attendances next season if we were to go down. I would also think it is aimed at casual and those that can not afford to go to every game, be it financial or work commitments.

Your post has turned into followers who never go to games anyway, surely if they never bother going, you could not include them the categories of not renewing or would not bother even going to the odd games, making your post a pointless post.

That seems a real shame, and I hope it doesn't come to that. I love taking my two lads to the football, and its not something I'd give up just because the opposition is Bury instead of Wigan :shrug:

At least the lads will enjoy watching their team beat Bury. That's better than losing to Wigan.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
We will be renewing x2 as long as I can still afford it? I love watching the Super Seagulls, and can't wait for the next game, even when things are not going so well. The next game could be the one, when it all just clicks and the other team gets a proper hiding. Sorry I just can't help myself when it comes to the Albion, keep the faith guys and send out positive vibes!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't think many have answered the actual question.

IF we get relegated, that's not really an issue for me - as others have said, seen a lot worse in my time following the Albion! But unlike any point in The last 2 decades, I'm now considering not renewing as a STH because I can pick and choose. Currently I waste a lot of tickets because of number of reasons. So I'm looking to cut down those and the fall in numbers relegation will inevitably bring means Ill be able to do this. So sort of going back to Goldstone days when I could just decide on the day...ow for a return to them days. Before a PHD in social arrangements was necessary to attend a football game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here