Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you renew your season ticket if/when we get relegated?

Jan 30, 2008
Not strictly true, another NSC user and all round good bloke invited me to a fine Newhaven drinking establishment before the last home game, I have been past this place loads of times but never been in, but it's full of decent Albion fans before and after the match, and I'm looking forward to another visit this Saturday.

I also enjoy a pint at the AMEX after the match.

If I didn't go to matches I would only get talked in to working.
I'm hard bruce lee???
regards
DR

castmana1

Nov 3, 2014
I'm totally new to The Amex, Brighton and Hove Albion and live football in general this season (I was lucky enough to win a pair of season tickets in a competition just after the Bolton game). I haven't actually witnessed Brighton winning a game yet, but I fully intend to renew at the end of the season regardless of relegation. I've already started squirreling funds away. Just wish I'd realised how much fun I was missing out on years ago.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This thread reminds me of the Berlin bunker in 1945 in the film Downfall , fair play if your going to renew but this isn't a reflection on what a lot of people are going to do???
regards
DR

Why not ? Football fans aren't exactly logical when it comes to voting with their feet... Season ticket sales and crowds of relegated teams often holds up surprisingly well. Wolves have a similar capacity to the Amex (30K) . Their average attendance in the Championship when they were relegated was c21K. In their promotion season in L1 it was c21K. (actually 800 lower but you get the point).

Jan 30, 2008
Why not ? Football fans aren't exactly logical when it comes to voting with their feet... Season ticket sales and crowds of relegated teams often holds up surprisingly well. Wolves have a similar capacity to the Amex (30K) . Their average attendance in the Championship when they were relegated was c21K. In their promotion season in L1 it was c21K. (actually 800 lower but you get the point).
it's well know this forum is popullated with rose tinted die hards ,as i said fair play if you're going to renew but don't take things for granted
regards
DR

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I shall continue to slate poor performances and laugh at own goals such as on Saturday, but equally continue to attend as a STH. Not complicated.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm hard bruce lee???
regards
DR

Yes mate, I saw a few others I know in there.
My youngest son is now playing for a different football team, I have to take him to training on Saturday mornings, it finishes at 10.30 so I have plenty of time to get there, the team he played for before trained later on in the morning so It didn't leave me much time before getting the train to the Amex.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm totally new to The Amex, Brighton and Hove Albion and live football in general this season (I was lucky enough to win a pair of season tickets in a competition just after the Bolton game). I haven't actually witnessed Brighton winning a game yet

What was 2nd prize? Four tickets?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Indeed , providing I can afford it I will continue no matter what league :)

Jan 30, 2008
Yes mate, saw I few others I know in there.
My youngest son is now playing for a different football team, I have to take him to training on Saturday mornings, it finishes at 10.30 so I have plenty of time to get there, the team he played for before trained later on in the morning so It didn't leave me much time before getting the train to the Amex.
send him my regards:)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Fine maybe if we are 1st/2nd but if we sit mid table I wouldn't expect ST's or crowds in general to hold up. With the loss of ticket revenue and PL solidarity payments I think relegation would be a financial disaster. It would certainly lead to a clear out of the suits.

As for OP, quite likely but not feeling the love for the club right now. Relegation isn't going to be the determining factor

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Let me think about this. An afternoon having a few beers and watching football with my mates... or an afternoon shopping... hmmm difficult one.

If football are shopping are the only two options you think you have on a Saturday afternoon you are seriously lacking in imagination. What about sitting at home on your laptop trying to write the next great British novel? or driving to Canterbury with bikes on the back of the car, parking up and cycling off-road to the coast at Whitstable for a pint of Devil's Backbone in the art deco Peter Cushing Wetherspoons?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If football are shopping are the only two options you think you have on a Saturday afternoon you are seriously lacking in imagination. What about sitting at home on your laptop trying to write the next great British novel? or driving to Canterbury with bikes on the back of the car, parking up and cycling off-road to the coast at Whitstable for a pint of Devil's Backbone in the art deco Peter Cushing Wetherspoons?

Shopping was just a glib alternative. The point I was trying to get across is that I LIKE going to football with my friends. We usually meet up at noon and the day goes on into the early evening. You may not like doing this. Fair enough!

I have other days to do other stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here