Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you renew your season ticket if/when we get relegated?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Its not a silly question though is it. Do you genuinely believe that we would get gates of 25k+ in league 1. If you do then you are mad.

Winning games, scoring goals and playing good football. That's all that the casual fan wants in supporting a team. Of course there would be that many if we're coasting the league anyone that thinks otherwise is a DIN.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You'll miss out on the discount that season ticket holders enjoy, of course, but the Club will enjoy the benefit of the full-price tickets that they will sell. The overall financial effects could well work out as neutral. Buying tickets on a match by match basis seems to me to give the Club an incentive to put together a winning team to minimise fan absenteeism.

Good point, it is almost 2 for 1 of you have a ST. It just feels so wasteful and that, ridiculous as sounds, creates a little stress too. regardless, something's got to be done to sort the playing side of our club out. It seems to have been forgotten that's what we all turn up to see!

You'll miss out on the discount that season ticket holders enjoy, of course, but the Club will enjoy the benefit of the full-price tickets that they will sell. The overall financial effects could well work out as neutral. Buying tickets on a match by match basis seems to me to give the Club an incentive to put together a winning team to minimise fan absenteeism.

Gave up the season ticket last season,seen two games due to the generosity of friends and can't see me parting with match by match cash,near on a hundred pounds for myself and two sons(both still in education) its not going to happen this season.If Albion were pushing at the top i'm sure people would pitch up on a match by match basis but the club seems to be in decline and the atmosphere woeful.
This makes a hard product to sell to the customers.:moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gave up the season ticket last season,seen two games due to the generosity of friends and can't see me parting with match by match cash,near on a hundred pounds for myself and two sons(both still in education) its not going to happen this season.If Albion were pushing at the top i'm sure people would pitch up on a match by match basis but the club seems to be in decline and the atmosphere woeful.
This makes a hard product to sell to the customers.:moo:

not keen on going by yourself?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My renewal has only finance and availability for attendance as its criteria, as well as how the fixtures align with my other love, Harlequins Rugby Club. Whether we are playing West Bromwich Albion or Witton Albion is not a consideration.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm debating whether to renew next season for personal reasons ( although I probably will ) but I very much doubt relegation will come into consideration in my decision unless the club decide to charge championship prices for league 1 football.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Work a lot of Saturdays which is the main reason I didn't renew this season, just couldn't justify it (not a bad one to miss as it turns out..)

But if the pricing is sensible in League One (and that is a big 'if') it wouldn't make me any less likely to go. In fact if I could pay on the day/day before £20 for me and young kids for a couple of quid, even a fiver each I'd probably be more likely to go at short notice on a Saturday off work and midweek.

The only good thing is that if we go down the club will finally have to start listening to the people who have been saying for years that the pricing for second-tier football is far too high. But all the time there are people willing to pay it, even if you're right, your argument is ignored. Next season, there is a good chance (even if we stay up, and certainly if we go down) that a lot of people WON'T still be willing to pay it, and they may have to start listening.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Pretty much fallen out of love with football tbh, all feels so corporate and slick.

May be that finances mean I can no longer go, which would be a great shame. I've now got a mortgage to pay and have left a steady job to start my own business. I'll have to see how work pans out, but I don't feel an overwhelming desire to 'enjoy the match day experience'.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I have already previously cancelled my season ticket at the Amex, but if relegation means the prices of match day tickets dropped it would actually make me more likely to go and watch the team. I haven't been to one game since I cancelled my season ticket.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty much fallen out of love with football tbh, all feels so corporate and slick.

May be that finances mean I can no longer go, which would be a great shame. I've now got a mortgage to pay and have left a steady job to start my own business. I'll have to see how work pans out, but I don't feel an overwhelming desire to 'enjoy the match day experience'.

Think those sentiments will strike a chord with a few on the costs. And remember the old days when you created your own 'matchday experience' without any help from the commercial department (met your mates, beers in town, got to the ground, paid not very much to stand up, made some noise, bought something from a street vendor selling stuff from a table in a front garden, went home...)

Good luck with the business btw, working for yourself can be a rocky road but also very fulfilling.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My renewal has only finance and availability for attendance as its criteria, as well as how the fixtures align with my other love, Harlequins Rugby Club. Whether we are playing West Bromwich Albion or Witton Albion is not a consideration.

I really enjoyed our game at Burton Albion. It was a great little ground, easy to get to and delicious chips.

Jan 30, 2008

MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE IS A CRAP EXPERIENCE sit down and shut up !, great treatment for insomnia though
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Let me think about this. An afternoon having a few beers and watching football with my mates... or an afternoon shopping... hmmm difficult one.
:thumbsup:

If football are shopping are the only two options you think you have on a Saturday afternoon you are seriously lacking in imagination. What about sitting at home on your laptop trying to write the next great British novel? or driving to Canterbury with bikes on the back of the car, parking up and cycling off-road to the coast at Whitstable for a pint of Devil's Backbone in the art deco Peter Cushing Wetherspoons?
???
Let me think, a few pints and then a short train ride to the AMEX.

Or take your advice and drive for over 2 hours on a 90 mile trip to the far end of Kent to ride a bike, not forgetting the drink cycling and driving ( unless you are staying the night in Whitstable of course).
Yep I have to agree, brilliant imagination . ???

Jan 30, 2008
:thumbsup:

???
Let me think, a few pints and then a short train ride to the AMEX.

Or take your advice and drive for over 2 hours on a 90 mile trip to the far end of Kent to ride a bike, not forgetting the drink cycling and driving ( unless you are staying the night in Whitstable of course).
Yep I have to agree, brilliant imagination . ???
ha ha , there were some freaks in Newhaven high street this afternoon, where do they all come from :wave:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here