Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you renew your season ticket if/when we get relegated?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes and another 3 from my family.

I didn't sit at Withdean watching football on a wet day like today and looking forward to a new stadium, to then stop going.
Don't think we will be relegated anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Let me think about this. An afternoon having a few beers and watching football with my mates... or an afternoon shopping... hmmm difficult one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would, as once you got over the devastation of relegation I would get quite excited by the prospect of getting back to winning games.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I'll renew if the price is adjusted accordingly on the basis that every year the club state that if we get promoted the ticket price will go up in addition to the annual increase in prices, if we go down the price should go down.

I don't give a crap if someone thinks I am a supporter, follower, customer, whatever, at the end of the day you pay a price to be entertained, going to football means the kids and I miss out on other things (no holiday last year for example), if I don't feel that there is sufficient value compared to other activities we want to do more we will do those instead. We sat through the Withdean years (not that that's a badge of honour or anything as some seem to think) but the club did a great deal when taking kids with an adult.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
fair point, but being a "supporter" doesnt mean you have to have a ST and of course peoples' circumstances change anyway. I have been watching brighton since 1974 and in all those years, we have hit the big time for 4 years, so to be fair, my expectations have always been around the third and fourth division mark and as far as I am concerned anything else is a bonus.

That is a good point about ST - having read my own post back I feel I was a bit on my high horse!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't know, it basically depends on financial circumstances come March.

With regard true supporters having season tickets, surely true supporters wouldn't have a season ticket, they would go to every game paying full price in the most expensive seat available giving as much to the club as you possibly can whilst wearing the full kit under your BHA tracksuit swigging Harvey's in one hand and a pie in the other and reading the programme in your lap through your BHA tinted glasses! :shrug: :D

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would really think hard about it.

I play a lot of golf now, especially on Saturday mornings and it cuts it a bit fine getting over to see the games on Saturday afternoon ( this Saturday we have a match and then a lunch and prize giving etc which will finish around 2:30 ish, so then I will ahve to get across from Brighton and Hove GC at teh Dyke to Falmer, get parked and walk to teh ground...I will not make three oclock probably so may give it a miss)

Also my subs go up next year and I am not sure if I can justify Golf subscription and Football too.

....and you can get a ticket on the day now, so there is not the panic that there could have been to get tickets.

after 16 years of continuously paying for a ST, it may be coming to an end

In a similar situation myself, mate. I've been a season ticket holder for virtually every year since I started going over 30 years ago, but I do think this is my last as a season ticket holder for a while, but it's nothing to do with what division we find ourselves in.

I don't feel as connected to the club as I did, maybe all this "customer" focussed stuff has pushed me away a little, but mainly it's because I've got so many other things pulling on my time these days. As a result I miss too many home games a season to make it worthwhile, and with so many STHs it's not as if it guarantees me anything when a BIG Cup tie comes around anyway.

It's hard to see the drawbacks with not renewing, and just buying a ticket to the games I want and are available to attend. Most of the time, I bet I can still get a WSU ticket, and therefore still meet my mates on the concourse pre-game.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yep, price best go down though (don't think it will happen though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here