[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open? - yes it will!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You could turn that argument on its head though.

Unlike regular consumers, the club has a captive market. Like you say, we will always be here. I'm not suddenly going to support another club because I don't like the ticketing policy. As you say, different opinions and we aren't entitled to make operational decisions but I do wonder how much the club really cares about different views.

I don't know if the empty seats were a result of weather, health concerns, transport or ticketing. But there's no doubt fewer people are visiting the Amex than pre Covid - in our best ever season to date.

Be interesting to see what happens over the season as in the 4 games we've had so far 2 have been during school summer holidays when attendance is always lower, 1 has been subject to travel cluster****ery and last weekend was a combination of biblical weather and the fuel crisis. Covid will probably have had an effect on all 4 with people either being wary of large crowds or being required to self isolate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
PB is extraordinarily arrogant. Unpleasant and uninterested in anything other than telling you that he's right. Tony's man so we're stuck with him unfortunately.

Hi Paul! Hope you're enjoying reading this. I know you love to keep an eye on any dissent. Fear not, your sycophants will be out in force, so rest easy.

Jesus, that's effing arrogant of you.

Arguably we may have the best CEO in the Premier league. As others have said he takes the flak possibly over decisions made above him or collectively by the board. However, as CEO he is always going to argue the company line whether he actually believes it or not. No CEO of any organisation is going to promote a policy whilst also saying it is one he doesn't agree with but he got out voted!

I've emailed him a handful of times and have got the prompt lengthy reply. I haven't always agreed with him but that's the way of the world.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To be fair not many grounds out in sticks like Amex. Can you imagine if all spectators apart from those using cars had to use public transport. Would be interesting to watch the 1000s buying and having tickets checked at stations and on buses

How many fans drive to Brentford or Spurs or Arsenal or Palace - but you still have to pay to get there on public transport. Of course it serves the needs of the council and the club to do it but its right to be considered when comparing the value of a season ticket from x club to y club or z club as its a complete package.
One club might not feel the need to demand an admin fee for sharing lets say but they make up for it by demanding admin fees for everything else. etc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
'No, the suspicion is the action taken after that monitoring. Once upon a time that action was positive. If it were anyone else at the helm it would indicate a very unhealthy level of control.

You mentioned Archer. Interestingly there were a very significant number in support for far too long. Now I'm not for one second suggesting that there is anything even remotely similar with the fantastic ownership we have right now - there are multiple significant actions that prove otherwise, and actions speak far louder than words. BUT myopic belief in whatever is fed your way is disappointing to see from Brighton fans. History is very important and we should all learn from it and be able to challenge, unless of course we fans accept that this is no longer our club.

Have you got some specific examples of where the club have taken action after supposedly monitoring this forum?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Jesus, that's effing arrogant of you.

Arguably we may have the best CEO in the Premier league. As others have said he takes the flak possibly over decisions made above him or collectively by the board. However, as CEO he is always going to argue the company line whether he actually believes it or not. No CEO of any organisation is going to promote a policy whilst also saying it is one he doesn't agree with but he got out voted!

I've emailed him a handful of times and have got the prompt lengthy reply. I haven't always agreed with him but that's the way of the world.

Its an interesting point this.

Barber only really needs to be outvoted by TB. No one else really matters. Yes, he's the CEO (and also has the rather silly "Deputy Chairman" title) but in real terms I'm not sure how much genuine power he actually wields. He can reply to fans and come up with the ticketing policy and other operational decisions around the club but TB holds the equity. The key decisions will be made by him.

Barber is more a COO than CEO for me.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You could turn that argument on its head though.

Unlike regular consumers, the club has a captive market. Like you say, we will always be here. I'm not suddenly going to support another club because I don't like the ticketing policy. As you say, different opinions and we aren't entitled to make operational decisions but I do wonder how much the club really cares about different views.

I don't know if the empty seats were a result of weather, health concerns, transport or ticketing. But there's no doubt fewer people are visiting the Amex than pre Covid - in our best ever season to date.

Probably the no shows are as a result of all the points you mention. My guess is that the club do care about supporters’ views but they will have their own opinion about what this amounts to. The most vociferous members of NSC make a lot of posts with the same complaints but do not necessarily represent the wider fanbase. As to inelasticity of demand, I think it applies to a proportion of the fanbase. I live half an hours walk from Prenton Park but have no plans (at the moment) to become a Tranmere fan. However we also have many thousands of more recent, possibly less long term supporters. The club needs to remain responsive to their wishes.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So we are now suspicious of a club that "monitors" the most successful BHA Forum , Bozza has an almost unique link with the club because of this forum, and has frequent input and notification to and from the club.Why? Because the club bother to rewad it and respond to it

The club is accused on this thread of not listening to its fans, and in the same thread there are complaints that they are doing just that by reading the forum threads. Exactly HOW do you want the club and barber to "listen" to us- telepathically? How do you think the club gauges fans reaction,

There is an ongoing "joke" about Barbers lengthy replies to emails, written personally by him.
We have regular Fans forums, even over the pandemic

The club have been praised by its communication with vulnerable fans over the pandemic with players, managers, admins personally calling them

Just because individuals disagree with a decision or process doesnt make it wrong. There are so many sides to each and every decision, most of which we have no idea about, nor should we.

You may disagree with it, you may think the club ignores fans but I think a huge number think you are wrong, that doesn't make us all arrogant, and refusing to listen, it just makes us have a different opinion.

Some on here seem to think that its wrong to have a well run , successful club, and would rather we were playing in a school stadium where the manager calls each fan on the day before the match to personally invite them to come, and see what beverage they would like at half time

We have had an uncaring, arrogant owner before, who didnt listen and only thought about the ££££- his name was Archer- that went well didnt it

Now that certainly captures, in a very eloquent manner, what I was referring to when I mentioned sycophants. Managed to get a full house there - well done. I doff my hat to you!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Now that certainly captures, in a very eloquent manner, what I was referring to when I mentioned sycophants. Managed to get a full house there - well done. I doff my hat to you!

So, your definition of a sycophant is someone , who has said they disagree with some of what the club has done, but recognise that their view is not the only one, that what may be a good solution for some, will not be for others, especially when dealing with a STH base of well over 20 000 people. , and that they acknowledges that the club do sometimes get things wrong but that recognises that the club is run as a business, not a charity, and can not please everyone, all the time
If thats the case then I accept I am one of those grovelling sycophants , along with I assume Bozza and everyone else that doesnt agree with you.

It seems that you belong to the group who think that if you disagree with a decision or process think that only you can possibly have the correct solution, know better than the club on a decision that you can not possibly have all the information for , and reasons why that decision was made and refuse to accept that you may be wrong. What do they call that personality type?

Of the two, Ill take sycophant thank you

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So, your definition of a sycophant is someone , who has said they disagree with some of what the club has done, but recognise that their view is not the only one, that what may be a good solution for some, will not be for others, especially when dealing with a STH base of well over 20 000 people. , and that they acknowledges that the club do sometimes get things wrong but that recognises that the club is run as a business, not a charity, and can not please everyone, all the time
If thats the case then I accept I am one of those grovelling sycophants , along with I assume Bozza and everyone else that doesnt agree with you.

It seems that you belong to the group who think that if you disagree with a decision or process think that only you can possibly have the correct solution, know better than the club on a decision that you can not possibly have all the information for , and reasons why that decision was made and refuse to accept that you may be wrong. What do they call that personality type?

Of the two, Ill take sycophant thank you

No, that's not a definition I recognise. But you carry on, don't let me stop you.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
No, that's not a definition I recognise. But you carry on, don't let me stop you.

that was basically my stance on the club, and the exchange, as can be seen by any of my posts on the subject, and as you quoted my post then its reasonable to assume thats why you call me a sycophant- have I misunderstood you? perhaps you are not as eloquent as you think I am, or is it that you can not refute what I have said and so resorted to petty name calling- I think the later, but please educate me

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’d be astounded if TB was anywhere near operational matters day to day unless discussed at board.

Equally I am surprised the amount of access PB allows of himself, with often detailed comprehensive replies.

It’s good he takes the time but really needs to delegate some of the queries he receives as I suspect he may not be as close to some of the processes he responds to.

Forget a striker we need an experienced COO who should be overseeing the analysis of feedback and giving PB some credible options after speaking to all relevant departments (finance, marketing ,legal in this scenario)

Should point out I am not Mrs Barber concerned about the hours he’s working!

I absolutely do not agree with the exchange / membership process however would expect some actual traction if this was considered internally below PB with a credible proposal rather than exchanges with individual fans (which are easy to deflect)

Sent from my very expensive gated community

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
we have a COO - Paul Mullen - recently promoted to the Board - per link below

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2177457

my guess is PB quite enjoys the high level of interaction he has with the fan base in general

Personally, I'm glad we have a very senior official of the club that is prepared to engage with fans. If he didn't there'd then be a fair few on here bemoaning the fact don't engage with the fans.

Unfortunately there are always some that make a complete arse of themselves with their comments!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Unless I'm looking at the Man City ticket availability incorrectly, it currently only has 13 wheelchair seats on sale and nothing else.

If that is the case, why hasn't the ticket exchange opened yet?

Or am I missing something?

Yeah, even I am thinking that’s ridiculous and I have been understanding of the club’s wish to sell its tickets first. It does say available to all but those seats are clearly not as saleable as most others in the ground. The club seems to be dragging its heels. If it would rather not have a ticket exchange it’s probably best to just get rid of it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Man City currently showing as sold out. Perhaps the exchange is about to open ?

Edit; the buy button is no longer greyed out. Stand down. I thought there had been an outbreak of common sense but I guess not….

Last edited:

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
So have any Season Ticket Holders successfully sold their ticket via the Exchange this season?

Sorry if this has been covered, I haven't been through every page of the discussion

I have yet to try and sell my ticket but know I cannot make the Brentford game on Boxing Day so am curious.

Thanks

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So have any Season Ticket Holders successfully sold their ticket via the Exchange this season?

Sorry if this has been covered, I haven't been through every page of the discussion

I have yet to try and sell my ticket but know I cannot make the Brentford game on Boxing Day so am curious.

Thanks

Several reported on threads on here on Friday/Saturday that they sold their tickets for Arsenal after Exchange opened about 24 hours before match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports