[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open? - yes it will!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is my gripe with it. Club promoted it as a benefit of having a season ticket. Not much benefit it only opened once and then just evening before match.

That argument doesn’t really apply to those of us who have held season tickets for a number of years. The ticket exchange has only been around for 3 or 4 seasons. For most of the time I have held a ST there has been no possibility of resale. For a few seasons it has been possible but the extra seats installed over the Summer seems to have returned us to the norm. People are just going to have to factor this in when taking their renewal decision. Same as it ever was.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
His is the one that counts on everything. His arrogance is staggering. And he never backs down or compromises.

Always about the £ with him. Loves the stories about being wonderful communicators but never actually listens when people disagree with him

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

PB is extraordinarily arrogant. Unpleasant and uninterested in anything other than telling you that he's right. Tony's man so we're stuck with him unfortunately.

Hi Paul! Hope you're enjoying reading this. I know you love to keep an eye on any dissent. Fear not, your sycophants will be out in force, so rest easy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PB is extraordinarily arrogant. Unpleasant and uninterested in anything other than telling you that he's right. Tony's man so we're stuck with him unfortunately.

My Dad spoke to him after a fans forum once and asked about access to his seat. He is less mobile than he used to be. Barber arranged for one of the supporter service team to ring him up (the next day) and discuss options to help him. He (is 84) and he was also one of the hundreds of older fans the club called during the early days of Covid to see if he was alright. He lives alone. Another scheme signed off by Barber.

I’m quite glad we’re stuck with him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Hi Paul! Hope you're enjoying reading this. I know you love to keep an eye on any dissent. Fear not, your sycophants will be out in force, so rest easy.

Personally I think we're lucky to have PB - let's remember he is Bloom's choice and the club get SO MUCH RIGHT.

Barber's one problem is that he hates backing down or being seen to be wrong - and on this subject the club have got it SO VERY WRONG.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mellor 3 Ward 4;10027621 Barber's one problem is that he hates backing down or being seen to be wrong - .[/QUOTE said:
You mean like everyone else on THIS THREAD !! 😉

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Personally I think we're lucky to have PB - let's remember he is Bloom's choice and the club get SO MUCH RIGHT.

Barber's one problem is that he hates backing down or being seen to be wrong - and on this subject the club have got it SO VERY WRONG.

We might be lucky to have him, Tony obviously thinks so - that's good enough for me but it doesn't mean he's not an arrogant individual obsessed with convincing folk that he's right all the time. It also worries me that he has this and other sites monitored so closely, that makes me very suspicious. It's possible that all PL clubs take that approach, maybe it's just the price of success, but it indicates a level of control that is unhealthy in my opinion.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We might be lucky to have him, Tony obviously thinks so - that's good enough for me but it doesn't mean he's not an arrogant individual obsessed with convincing folk that he's right all the time. It also worries me that he has this and other sites monitored so closely, that makes me very suspicious. It's possible that all PL clubs take that approach, maybe it's just the price of success, but it indicates a level of control that is unhealthy in my opinion.

What does this monitoring involve ? Are you being followed ? :smile:
I did see a suspicious car this morning with blacked out windows but I’m generally onside with the club….really, I am onside Mr Barber.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

He's the perfect absorbent pant lining to soak up the crap that keeps TB squeaky clean. The amount of criticism he gets that may well be decisions above him I expect is large. We don't really know how much of the policy making is TB and how much is PB. He may well be arguing the case of something that actually he's been instructed to do, that he might even have advised against. So he gets the flak that he's arrogant, this, that and the other. Might be true, TB may well have to tell him to reign it in every now and again - point is we don't know. What it does mean however is as fans we can continue to hero-worship our owner/fan, while all the uncomfortable realities of modern football are dealt with by his man. Otherwise you're suggesting for the last 10 years or whatever, TB has sat by disapproving of his own chief exec but not acting on it. I don't think so.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It also worries me that he has this and other sites monitored so closely, that makes me very suspicious. It's possible that all PL clubs take that approach, maybe it's just the price of success, but it indicates a level of control that is unhealthy in my opinion.

In 2021 any half-decent company monitors customer feedback online....

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He's the perfect absorbent pant lining to soak up the crap that keeps TB squeaky clean. The amount of criticism he gets that may well be decisions above him I expect is large. We don't really know how much of the policy making is TB and how much is PB. He may well be arguing the case of something that actually he's been instructed to do, that he might even have advised against. So he gets the flak that he's arrogant, this, that and the other. Might be true, TB may well have to tell him to reign it in every now and again - point is we don't know. What it does mean however is as fans we can continue to hero-worship our owner/fan, while all the uncomfortable realities of modern football are dealt with by his man. Otherwise you're suggesting for the last 10 years or whatever, TB has sat by disapproving of his own chief exec but not acting on it. I don't think so.

Good post. I think Tony's found the perfect man for this as it comes so naturally to him. And if he tires of it he could join the lot up the road as the Always Ultra leader.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

So we are now suspicious of a club that "monitors" the most successful BHA Forum , Bozza has an almost unique link with the club because of this forum, and has frequent input and notification to and from the club.Why? Because the club bother to rewad it and respond to it

The club is accused on this thread of not listening to its fans, and in the same thread there are complaints that they are doing just that by reading the forum threads. Exactly HOW do you want the club and barber to "listen" to us- telepathically? How do you think the club gauges fans reaction,

There is an ongoing "joke" about Barbers lengthy replies to emails, written personally by him.
We have regular Fans forums, even over the pandemic

The club have been praised by its communication with vulnerable fans over the pandemic with players, managers, admins personally calling them

Just because individuals disagree with a decision or process doesnt make it wrong. There are so many sides to each and every decision, most of which we have no idea about, nor should we.

You may disagree with it, you may think the club ignores fans but I think a huge number think you are wrong, that doesn't make us all arrogant, and refusing to listen, it just makes us have a different opinion.

Some on here seem to think that its wrong to have a well run , successful club, and would rather we were playing in a school stadium where the manager calls each fan on the day before the match to personally invite them to come, and see what beverage they would like at half time

We have had an uncaring, arrogant owner before, who didnt listen and only thought about the ££££- his name was Archer- that went well didnt it

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
More to do with sharing than ticket exchange. Just had my yearly call with a business contact who is a Southampton supporter and always invites me to Brighton game checking to see if I will be going on 4th Dec. As usual said yes and asked him if ticketing had changed this season. He said no and that he had 2 tickets in his name and he can give tickets to who he likes to use.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So we are now suspicious of a club that "monitors" the most successful BHA Forum , Bozza has an almost unique link with the club because of this forum, and has frequent input and notification to and from the club.Why? Because the club bother to rewad it and respond to it

The club is accused on this thread of not listening to its fans, and in the same thread there are complaints that they are doing just that by reading the forum threads. Exactly HOW do you want the club and barber to "listen" to us- telepathically? How do you think the club gauges fans reaction,

There is an ongoing "joke" about Barbers lengthy replies to emails, written personally by him.

The club have been praised by its communication with vulnerable fans over the pandemic with players, managers, admins personally calling them

Just because individuals disagree with a decision or process doesnt make it wrong. There are so many sides to each and every decision, most of which we have no idea about, nor should we.

You may disagree with it, you may think the club ignores fans but I think a huge number think you are wrong, that doesn't make us all arrogant, and refusing to listen, it just makes us have a different opinion.

Some on here seem to think that its wrong to have a well run , successful club, and would rather we were playing in a school stadium where the manager calls each fan on the day before the match to personally invite them to come, and see what beverage they would like at half time

We have had an uncaring, arrogant owner before, who didnt listen and only thought about the ££££- his name was Archer- that went well didnt it

Good post.

I've been on PB's bad list more times than I'd care to remember, but generally it's because I've taken a knee-jerk reaction to something I wasn't fully informed about.

I can't imagine there are many clubs, at least within the Premier League, that tries so very hard to do the right thing as much as our own club does. However, it's just not possible for "the right thing" to suit every single fan amongst the Albion fanbase - it's true that you can't please all of the people all of the time.

And, when the club has made decisions or brought about changes, they go at length to explain why. And, yes, sometimes we might not always like that why, but surely it's better to have a club that is prepared to explain and be as transparent as possible wherever it can.

The club aren't faultless - what service organisation is - but they get far more right than wrong, and the club's progress under Paul Barber's stewardship has been incredible.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
P.B is like the zoo inspector in We bought a Zoo, everything is by the book and can come across like a jobsworth.

With the backing of T.B however he's helped drag the club off its behind and turned it into one of the best run football clubs in the country.

His accessibility is second to none via his email and I have no doubt he's in the minority of chief executives you could ask a question about car parking and receive a reply.

P.B 8s first and foremost a excellent businessman and is exactly the reigns T.B needs as a owner to just keep him in check when making heart over head decisions, without P.B I'm sure T.B would of been tempted to splash even more cash on panic buy players and waterslides.

I don't know or have ever met P.B but his track record is unquestionably good so for every one thing we perceive he gets wrong I'm sure there are many more he gets right behind the scenes we never know about .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No question that BarberOut is excellent at his job and TB does the right thing to pay him lots of money.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

'No, the suspicion is the action taken after that monitoring. Once upon a time that action was positive. If it were anyone else at the helm it would indicate a very unhealthy level of control.

You mentioned Archer. Interestingly there were a very significant number in support for far too long. Now I'm not for one second suggesting that there is anything even remotely similar with the fantastic ownership we have right now - there are multiple significant actions that prove otherwise, and actions speak far louder than words. BUT myopic belief in whatever is fed your way is disappointing to see from Brighton fans. History is very important and we should all learn from it and be able to challenge, unless of course we fans accept that this is no longer our club.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good post.

I've been on PB's bad list more times than I'd care to remember, but generally it's because I've taken a knee-jerk reaction to something I wasn't fully informed about.

I can't imagine there are many clubs, at least within the Premier League, that tries so very hard to do the right thing as much as our own club does. However, it's just not possible for "the right thing" to suit every single fan amongst the Albion fanbase - it's true that you can't please all of the people all of the time.

And, when the club has made decisions or brought about changes, they go at length to explain why. And, yes, sometimes we might not always like that why, but surely it's better to have a club that is prepared to explain and be as transparent as possible wherever it can.

The club aren't faultless - what service organisation is - but they get far more right than wrong, and the club's progress under Paul Barber's stewardship has been incredible.

Would never question fact PB has done a great job over many years but this sharing situation for those missing odd game is wrong and maybe not in your circle but is cheesing a lot of people off. In fact got there early on Sat and all round me were not for first time talking about it. When people have missed odd game they have been happy to give seat that they have paid for away. Hope I am wrong but many of these people will now see there seat empty when they miss a game and consider in future ST not such value for money. For those on here that thinks scheme is great none of us know a member who is not a ST holder and recipient of ticket is not waiting for a free ticket but appreciates occasional opportunity to go to Amex with friend or family

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
More to do with sharing than ticket exchange. Just had my yearly call with a business contact who is a Southampton supporter and always invites me to Brighton game checking to see if I will be going on 4th Dec. As usual said yes and asked him if ticketing had changed this season. He said no and that he had 2 tickets in his name and he can give tickets to who he likes to use.

Business contact. He can give tickets to who he likes. Like 1901 then?

We can all claim to find examples of how other clubs treat their fans better than we do. You know the answer

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good post.

Agree - and as I've said before Barber and the club get far more right than wrong.

Far more.

However on the subject of ST 'sharing' I think that most of us agree the cub have got this one wrong.

I noticed your seats were empty on Saturday - as mine were for the Leicester game - something I'm sure you'd agree wouldn't have happened under the 'old' system.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
'No, the suspicion is the action taken after that monitoring. Once upon a time that action was positive. If it were anyone else at the helm it would indicate a very unhealthy level of control.

You mentioned Archer. Interestingly there were a very significant number in support for far too long. Now I'm not for one second suggesting that there is anything even remotely similar with the fantastic ownership we have right now - there are multiple significant actions that prove otherwise, and actions speak far louder than words. BUT myopic belief in whatever is fed your way is disappointing to see from Brighton fans. History is very important and we should all learn from it and be able to challenge, unless of course we fans accept that this is no longer our club.

At no point have I, or anyone else as far as I can see, EVER said we think and believe everything that the club does or said is 100% right. Bozza has just said he has on multirole times been on the "wrong side" of Barber, but often because he didn't have the full facts and info.
AS for having an unhealthy level of control , control of what? Control of the club THEY OWN, what utter utter rubbish. What control are you talking about- does the club prevent posts on here, do people with differing opinions get prevented from attending, what control is the club exerting here, other than control of how it operates the club it owns, which as far as I can see, its perfectly entitled to do.

I can think of a fair few decisions that I actually think are crazy (flasks, bottle tops, among them). I also think on a more "serious" level that the ticket exchange is activated too late and with too little notice, however thats from my view. I also understand my view is not necessarily the right one on this issue. There is obviously a "tipping point" where opening the exchange generates more money than waiting for unsold seats to be purchased. I doubt I, you, or 99% of the people on here have the remotest idea what that is, and I bet its nowhere near the numbers we think it may be, but i would say there is a 99.5% chance the club do know and base decisions on it.I also am pretty sure that after each game there is an analysis of what sales were like, what factors were involved in peoples choices', and that info will be factored into the calculations of next time the exchange comes into play

You make a point about us accepting that its no longer our club, well frankly IT ISNT and never has been. The current admin of the club have a duty to the owner to do what the owner wants them to do. We are incredibly lucky that we have an owner who is a fan, who obviously loves the club and runs it as well as he does. The fans are part of the club, the fans make the club what it is, but we simply do not, and never have had a god given right to tell the club how to conduct itself, and what decisions to make.

As season ticket holders we get a pretty big discount on every match over non STHs. Someone here can do the maths and tell us how many matches we would need to miss before being a STH becomes more expensive than buying individually. When deciding to buy my ST, I thought about how many games I would likely miss before deciding on whether to buy., and I decided that it wasc heaper to have a ST, and also I would be able to go to any game i wanted. I knew (as did we all) that the exchange would likely not open for all or possibly any matches, so in deciding I didn't factor in that I would get money back if I didn't attend. I, and many others are happy with that

Its equally as arrogant to assume the club is wrong on any given issue as no one has all the information. It ,as has been said many times, it may not be best for YOU,but that doesn't make it wrong,for the club, or the majority of other fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports