Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open? - yes it will!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Man City currently showing as sold out. Perhaps the exchange is about to open ?

Edit; the buy button is no longer greyed out. Stand down. I thought there had been an outbreak of common sense but I guess not….

Sold Out now again.

The reason for this could well be that the ticket exchange is open - but all available exchange tickets have also sold. Hence it may go on and off between now and the game as random ST holders list their tickets and they get sold.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sold Out now again.

The reason for this could well be that the ticket exchange is open - but all available exchange tickets have also sold. Hence it may go on and off between now and the game as random ST holders list their tickets and they get sold.

Put mine on the exchange for Man City and they've not sold but ticket site saying the match is Sold Out. Don't think the exchange has opened yet.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes, he's the CEO (and also has the rather silly "Deputy Chairman" title) but in real terms I'm not sure how much genuine power he actually wields. He can reply to fans and come up with the ticketing policy and other operational decisions around the club but TB holds the equity. The key decisions will be made by him.

Barber is more a COO than CEO for me.

In football I believe the role of 'Chairman' has greater significance than perhaps in other businesses where it can be seen as a bit of a figurehead / hands-off role. For example, I imagine most PL clubs are represented at the regular EPL meetings by their respective Chairmen, where possible. Given PB probably represents BHAFC at these meetings more often than not, the title Deputy Chairman sends a clear signal that he is empowered and fully trusted to make policy decisions - not just operational ones - on behalf of the Chairman and the club.

Further, the 'Dep. Chairman' job title also indicates an elevated level of responsibility that he wouldn't necessarily be afforded at other clubs and was, I believe, part of an overall package enhancement, designed to give him an almost unique role in elite football and keep him at the club. But I could be wrong on that, obvs.

I don't think it is a "silly" title but rather a very clear indication of his standing in the club hierarchy. Eg - Tony Bloom > BarberOut > Everybody else

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So have any Season Ticket Holders successfully sold their ticket via the Exchange this season?

Sorry if this has been covered, I haven't been through every page of the discussion

I have yet to try and sell my ticket but know I cannot make the Brentford game on Boxing Day so am curious.

Thanks

The literal answer as chaileygem has said is yes . However to give you the complete picture , that was the first time this season that it opened ( for arsenal ) and even then only 24 hours before the game . So the fact that you want to list your ticket for Brentford on boxing day leads me to believe that your chances of selling on the exchange are very small .
Apologies in advance if this seems brutal but i hope you would prefer to have all the facts .
Your best chance is to pray that at the end of the year ourselves and Brentford are 1 and 2 in the table ! Well stranger things have happened ( so they say )

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Put ours on the exchange for Arsenal but they didn’t sell so were empty. Just watched the highlights - must have been at least 5/6k empty seats……..

Re PB, he generally does great job IMO but the sharing scheme doesn’t seem to have worked as hoped for many so far probably due to a combination of factors. No-one gets everything right, fully expect it’ll be reviewed before next season and tweaks will be made. I also think there was perhaps much more informal ticket sharing going on previously than anyone realised, and now with an initial £45 outlay on top of the ST price needed to pass a ticket on it’s simply not happening and there are far more empty seats as a result (which isn’t a good look).

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Several reported on threads on here on Friday/Saturday that they sold their tickets for Arsenal after Exchange opened about 24 hours before match.

With respect your answer to that question is like replying to someone who asks " will i go to the moon ? " with " several have reported that buzz aldrin and others have " !!! :lol:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So have any Season Ticket Holders successfully sold their ticket via the Exchange this season?

Sorry if this has been covered, I haven't been through every page of the discussion

I have yet to try and sell my ticket but know I cannot make the Brentford game on Boxing Day so am curious.

Thanks

Sold mine for the Arsenal match just 15 minutes after listing.

Strangely whoever bought it never turned up - or at least if they did, didn’t sit in my seat.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Strangely whoever bought it never turned up - or at least if they did, didn’t sit in my seat.
They probably sat in another non-listed empty seat which was nearer people they knew.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Did you get confirmation that it sold?

I was monitoring my seats and they disappeared from sale. "Hoorah!" I thought. When I checked a little while later they had re-appeared, so I can only assume someone put them in their basket but didn't complete. This actually happened 3 or 4 times over the day or so that the exchange was open. Ultimately they didn't sell.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With respect your answer to that question is like replying to someone who asks " will i go to the moon ? " with " several have reported that buzz aldrin and others have " !!! :lol:

well the question wasn't that was it - has this thing happened yet this season and the answer was - yes. It has. for one game 24 hours in advance.

As to whether it will open for Brentford. Well it might. Its a boxing day game. I expect more games to sell out now as get further into the season.
But yep. Bit early to say.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
and now with an initial £45 outlay on top of the ST price needed to pass a ticket on it’s simply not happening and there are far more empty seats as a result (which isn’t a good look).

Bit misleading that, Dazzer. Well massively misleading: you've more than doubled the figure to suit your argument.

I can't believe we are going over this all again, but obviously the figure you have quoted is the annual cost to the STH to make their ticket digitally transferable (£20) plus the annual £25 cost of the MyAlbion+ membership of the recipient.

I have been offered the use of a ST for every home game so far, by different STHs unable to attend themselves for one reason or another. I haven't expected the STH to pay my annual £25 membership fee. In fact, it actually makes economic sense for me to pay the STHs £20 'sharing fee' if they don't have this facility because even if I also give them £20-£25 for the cost of the ticket, it is still cheaper / less hassle than buying a one-off matchday ticket - esp for Cat A games.

Ultimately - the new scheme is whatever you want to make it. If you want to make it work for you, you can; it is easy, makes economic sense for both parties, prevents empty seats and ensures tickets go to people with an financial and emotional investment in the club. If you want to use it to criticise the club for embarking on a 'money grab' or disrupting previously cosy arrangements, well, it's good for that too.

The old method of informally passing on a ticket works well for those people who literally will only come if it is free and / or support the opposition.

Last edited:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
well the question wasn't that was it - has this thing happened yet this season and the answer was - yes. It has. for one game 24 hours in advance.

As to whether it will open for Brentford. Well it might. Its a boxing day game. I expect more games to sell out now as get further into the season.
But yep. Bit early to say.

As you can see in my reply to him i did say that the literal answer was indeed yes . But when i saw his slightly excited reply to you about that being good news i realised that you had , i am sure inadvertently , raised his hopes . Just thought a little more info may have helped that's all
Still do not think there is much chance it will open for Brentford though , even if we are top of the league !:kiss:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit misleading that, Dazzer. Well massively misleading: you've more than doubled the figure to suit your argument.

I can't believe we are going over this all again, but obviously the figure you have quoted is the annual cost to the STH to make their ticket digitally transferable (£20) plus the annual £25 cost of the MyAlbion+ membership of the recipient.

I have been offered the use of a ST for every home game so far, by different STHs unable to attend themselves for one reason or another. I haven't expected the STH to pay my annual £25 membership fee. In fact, it actually makes economic sense for me to pay the STHs £20 'sharing fee' if they don't have this facility because even if I also give them £20-£25 for the cost of the ticket, it is still cheaper / less hassle than buying a one-off matchday ticket - esp for Cat A games.

Ultimately - the new scheme is whatever you want to make it. If you want to make it work for you, you can; it is easy, makes economic sense for both parties, prevents empty seats and ensures tickets go to people with an financial and emotional investment in the club

The old method of informally passing on a ticket works well for those people who literally will only come if it is free and / or support the opposition.

It’s not misleading……for me, missing maybe 1-2 games a season, it’s a simple fact. £45 quid extra goes to the club for the first use if it’s a new A+ member - all of my F&F are already STHs so I would need someone to sign up to use the tickets. I’d happily add any A+ member to my F&F and let them have the ticket for nothing rather than the seat being empty as happened this week. It’s a great scheme for those who want to share/can’t attend several games, or A+ members with a lot of STH mates.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As you can see in my reply to him i did say that the literal answer was indeed yes . But when i saw his slightly excited reply to you about that being good news i realised that you had , i am sure inadvertently , raised his hopes . Just thought a little more info may have helped that's all
Still do not think there is much chance it will open for Brentford though , even if we are top of the league !:kiss:

Agreed its hardly a guarantee but more chance than getting to the moon obviously. !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...all of my F&F are already STHs so I would need someone to sign up to use the tickets.

Changing the subject entirely, have I mentioned recently how you have always been my most favouritest poster on NSC, ever, Daz? May I call you Daz?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It’s not misleading……for me, missing maybe 1-2 games a season, it’s a simple fact. £45 quid extra goes to the club for the first use if it’s a new A+ member - all of my F&F are already STHs so I would need someone to sign up to use the tickets. I’d happily add any A+ member to my F&F and let them have the ticket for nothing rather than the seat being empty as happened this week. It’s a great scheme for those who want to share/can’t attend several games, or A+ members with a lot of STH mates.

As has been mentioned a few times on here, it should be fairly easy to set up a service to match STH with Albion+ members looking for tickets, either on a site like this or on the various Facebook fan pages.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As has been mentioned a few times on here, it should be fairly easy to set up a service to match STH with Albion+ members looking for tickets, either on a site like this or on the various Facebook fan pages.

Yep……..but suspect it’s not done on here because it’s a bit close to circumventing the club’s processes/policy for the ‘official’ forum to be doing - even if it’s technically/contractually doable [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can’t and shouldn’t risk souring the relationship (or worse) with the club which such a ‘service’ would probably do by being supported on here……..

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Ultimately - the new scheme is whatever you want to make it. If you want to make it work for you, you can; it is easy, makes economic sense for both parties, prevents empty seats and ensures tickets go to people with an financial and emotional investment in the club. If you want to use it to criticise the club for embarking on a 'money grab' or disrupting previously cosy arrangements, well, it's good for that too.

I had to chuckle when i read the line " prevents empty seats " as the current system most obviously doesn't !
Seriously though i have read many many posts on this from both sides and my summation is that i agree with you about it being great IF you regularly share your ticket with either one person or have several friends who are my A+ members . However on the other side you must surely see that if you only miss 1 or 2 games a season and only have F and F who are fellow ST holders it is not good . In fact i , like i am sure many others , would rather use the ticket exchange than pay the extra 20 pounds but that has been shown ( even by bozza now ) not to be a viable alternative . It is almost ironic that the people who it doesn't help are the most staunch attendees !
I sincerely hope the club will take the time to reflect on this .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here