Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just read the Football League Paper report of the big game at Morecambe.

Pompey's keeper chucked one in for Morecambe's equaliser, which is nice to hear. And a massive 2,550 turned up to watch the multi-FA-Cup winning heroes. Terrific stuff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kind words from Marcos Painter

Marcos Painter insisted Trevor Carson should not be blamed after his error cost Pompey victory at Morecambe.

The keeper let Jack Redshaw’s 76th-minute effort pass through his arms and into the net as the hosts drew level for a second time in Saturday’s 2-2 draw.

It was a day of mixed fortunes for the 25-year-old, who earlier had pulled off a superb 38th-minute penalty save from Padraig Amond.

As it was, Richie Barker’s side had to settle for a point after Jake Jervis had netted twice on his first full start during his second spell with the club.

But Painter does not believe the finger should be pointed at Carson.

He said: ‘You can’t blame Trevor because he made a great save for the penalty and sometimes that happens to goalkeepers.

‘We saw that in the week with Manchester United with David de Gea spilling a ball.

‘Trev’s the last line of defence and when they make a mistake it will normally cost you.

‘But definitely there’s no blame on him, I think he’s been great this season.

‘I know what a great keeper he is and I think the fans respect he has been good for us and kept us in a lot of games so it’s something that happens.

‘It’s in the past now and he is a strong enough character to deal with it and move on to tomorrow at Wycombe. We get a win there and everything is forgotten.

What he ACTUALLY meant of course, was:

Hahaha Lolz. Did you see that face of the knob with the sodding bell, when the idiot chucked that in? Stupid twats

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just read the Football League Paper report of the big game at Morecambe.

Pompey's keeper chucked one in for Morecambe's equaliser, which is nice to hear. And a massive 2,550 turned up to watch the multi-FA-Cup winning heroes. Terrific stuff.

Not quite, but still marvelous scenes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
End of the day, we would NOT have taken as many to Morecambe as they did so some people here should show some respect, ESPECIALLY those who wouldn't have even considered attending!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not quite, but still marvelous scenes.

That's tremendous viewing. I also enjoyed the foul by the Pompey defender for the penalty, his look of innocence after he CLATTERED into the back of the Morecambe defender's ankles.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
End of the day, we would NOT have taken as many to Morecambe as they did so some people here should show some respect, ESPECIALLY those who wouldn't have even considered attending!

Everyone should show Pompey EXACTLY the respect they deserve.

(None. The cheating, thieving, disgusting feral TWATS)

Jimmy Grimble

Didn't follow us in League Two circa late 90's/early 2000's then?

We used to take thousands to Northern pits like Morecambe. Given the circumstances - relegation 6 pointer, ground they've never visited, Saturday 3pm, in danger of going out of the football league/existence, probably cheap match tickets - 800 seems a tad low if anything. We'd have taken more than that.

Edit - they took 800! We'd have taken more I reckon.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

What, 846? The entire gate was 2,550.

We used to take 800-1000 everywhere back in the late 90s early 00s.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's tremendous viewing. I also enjoyed the foul by the Pompey defender for the penalty, his look of innocence after he CLATTERED into the back of the Morecambe defender's ankles.

That really was a special tackle wasn't it? Worthy of the fourth division.

What was especially nice was the way the Pompey keeper let that pea-roller slip underneath him directly in front of the away fans in the Bell End.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
e2e8e6az.jpg

#Bellend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here