Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"With our large travelling support we represent a healthy pay day for many clubs. Surely someone will throw us a game to ensure we stay in the league."

Snigger.....

And then he suggests PLYMOUTH.

That well known tiny, badly supported club, Plymouth :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Lovely bloke Jim Chamberlain. Spent many an hour browsing through the programmes in his shop. Saw him a few weeks ago.

He used to come over this way to a collectors' fair in Worthing. I bought some old Albion training gear from him once - I think he got it from Darryl Flahavan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So sad that Barker has gone. He would have been one of my all-time Albion heroes if he had taken pompey out of the football league.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It really is heartwarming to see so many Brighton fans DETESTING these absolute plums*. I used to think it was just me and a handful of other oddballs, but clearly not. Yes, the Nigels will always be our rivals but for me, I'll never hate them as much as Pompey I'm afraid. Unfortunately I've never met a Nigel I didn't like, yet most Pompey I've ever met down the years have been absolute TOOLS.

*Non league plums.

Quite simply this, as a 44yo I've had plenty of time to understand the "A23 Derby" but I hate those scum bags more!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite simply this, as a 44yo I've had plenty of time to understand the "A23 Derby" but I hate those scum bags more!!!
WISE words, Chicken Run. Very wise words.

And actually Ive just remembered Charlton away when Calderón won it for us the season before we were champions, on the way into the ground there was a group of Albion fans in front of us singing "if you all hate Pompey clap your hands". Obviously I joined in, but couldn't help feeling pleased that we were indeed allowed to sing this without some cock interrupting to inform us that Palace were our real rivals.

Pompey hatred is alive and well in the extreme west of our hinterland. :thumbsup:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Pompeys finest at work

10154550_432501156852359_1923885420_n.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good morning, fellow Average Fans & Pompey-lovers!
:wave:

I haven't seen this weekend's fixtures yet- which Little Club are the lucky beneficiary of the thousands of MAGNIFICENT FANS this weekend?

Or is it a home game? Which irrelevant lower league minnow gets to cower fearfully at the seething, frenzied, cauldron-like atmosphere created by said thousands of GREAT SUPPORTERS at Shat-on Park?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Good morning, fellow Average Fans & Pompey-lovers!
:wave:

I haven't seen this weekend's fixtures yet- which Little Club are the lucky beneficiary of the thousands of MAGNIFICENT FANS this weekend?

Or is it a home game? Which irrelevant lower league minnow gets to cower fearfully at the seething, frenzied, cauldron-like atmosphere created by said thousands of GREAT SUPPORTERS at Shat-on Park?

Newport are to be treated to the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD this weekend, the lucky devils :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Newport are to be treated to the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD this weekend, the lucky devils :lol:

How exciting! I imagine Newport-Gwent District Council have been planning this occasion for months- after all, it's not just every day your little team gets to take on such a historic & Great Club as Pompey. I suspect there will be a guard of honour at the very least for the boys in blue, as well as a special commemorative pull-out in the local paper. Perhaps a civic reception at Newport Town Hall?

Where are the Fan Parks being set up, to cater for the ticketless (but still Great) Thousands who can't get into the ground?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
And to the people who said Pompey would never taste the glory of European football again their trip this week to Wales proves you all wrong.

Hope they have extra staff on passport control and the Severn Bridge is closed to allow the massive convoy of coaches fast track access into Wales.

Have Newport organised an open top bus should they pull off the impossible and beat the mighty Portsmouth?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You forgot about the half-half scarves, Edna.

Or, more likely as it's the MIGHTY Portsmouth, Newport will bow down to their superiors and sell a commemorative, never seen before, 1/4 - 3/4 scarf.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How exciting! I imagine Newport-Gwent District Council have been planning this occasion for months- after all, it's not just every day your little team gets to take on such a historic & Great Club as Pompey. I suspect there will be a guard of honour at the very least for the boys in blue, as well as a special commemorative pull-out in the local paper. Perhaps a civic reception at Newport Town Hall?

Where are the Fan Parks being set up, to cater for the ticketless (but still Great) Thousands who can't get into the ground?

I hear there are plans to move this game to the Millennium Stadium, to avoid too many fans being left disappointed by not being able to get a ticket. A convoy of buses is making its way along the M4 as we speak, the GREATEST FANS want to make sure they get there early to soak up the atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here