Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
More likely to get payed at Wolves then.

At over £30k per week, yes.

Though I imagine Pompey could have stretched to £29k, with a few loans, promises and unpaid creditors.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sad, sad news. It seems they couldn't agree terms with Wolves for O'Hara. Not sure if this means Wolves simply laughed in their face.

I'd have thought Jamie would happily have WALKED to Fratton Park, for FREE, just to have the chance to play for Those Amazing Fans again.

It could have well fallen through when Wolves said O'Hara could go out on loan but weren't prepared to accept a credit note or cheque.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Pompey at Eastleigh is more likely.

And would be NAUGHTIER.

What would be especially sweet about that is the fact that, during the Reknapp/Grant/Cotterill years, massive club P*mp*y used to train literally across the road from Eastleigh FC. So they'd be playing as equals a club that was once only good enough to be used as an overspill car park when their own patch of rubble was over-full of ridiculous Chelsea tractors.

You're probably wondering why a club would use a training ground within the hinterland of their greatest rivals (so much so that it was part of the site of a proposed new ground for Saints before they left The Dell). First, it was unbelievably crappy and therefore cheap, and second it wasn't as far for Harry to drive from his lovely home on Sandbanks - or for many of his players, whom he persuaded to buy houses in Poole from an estate agent mate of his.

This had one utterly brilliant consequence for me. One day I turned up there for a press conference to find a bloke I knew called Jim Chamberlain, who ran a Saints fan shop in Northam Road, a couple of yards from St Mary's, standing at the gate wearing a high-vis jacket. It turned out that the idiots had hired a Saints fan as security. And what an interesting source of information he proved to be over the years...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What would be especially sweet about that is the fact that, during the Reknapp/Grant/Cotterill years, massive club P*mp*y used to train literally across the road from Eastleigh FC. So they'd be playing as equals a club that was once only good enough to be used as an overspill car park when their own patch of rubble was over-full of ridiculous Chelsea tractors.

Don't worry - I know it well. The PFC BIGSHOTS will be able to revisit the Concorde Club / Mouldy Fig over the road, and think fondly of the times they'd pop in there after training to discuss plans for the trip to the San Siro.

#twats

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
and second it wasn't as far for Harry to drive from his lovely home on Sandbanks - or for many of his players, whom he persuaded to buy houses in Poole from an estate agent mate of his.

WHAT? Are you seriously suggesting that 'Arry had some sort of jobs for the boys, "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, know what I mean son" racket going on?

I won't believe it. No. Outrageous slur.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Im only giving back what brighton give us. We know who we are etc. We may be in debt but so are most clubs. And there'll always be a buyer for our club, cos of the passionate fans etc. We're in debt, pretty big, but show me a club who isnt? It's all predicted etc.

We'll be fine, as will whu etc. We may struggle and go down one day if he goes but we'll be fine.

Funnily enough, [MENTION=12481]TopDogsPFC[/MENTION] never returned after just 9 posts (most as silly as the one quoted).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funnily enough, [MENTION=12481]TopDogsPFC[/MENTION] never returned after just 9 posts (most as silly as the one quoted).

Schoolboy error by him though. Failed to put Passionate Fans in either upper case or italics. Poor show. Have some respect, son.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

You're probably wondering why a club would use a training ground within the hinterland of their greatest rivals (so much so that it was part of the site of a proposed new ground for Saints before they left The Dell).

I have wondered that very point for a long time. Never caused me sleepless nights pondering it, but I always thought it odd. You would have thought their AMAZING fans may have questioned it and been really anti given their rabid hatred for any lifeform outside the boundaries of Portsea Island?

It was during that era of Redknapp and Mandaric where European and Premier League success was only a matter of time and all was wonderful. Why would they question their messiahs? Success for a MASSIVE club like Pompey is their divine right afterall?

#Deludedheadinthesandtwats.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I seem to recall that he kindly explained to us, that his chosen username was referring to his club's position as the 'top club on the South coast'. Things haven't QUITE panned out how he expected since then, what with their place in that pecking order, now being below Saints, Albion, Bournemouth and Plymouth. They are still (2 places) above Torquay, to be fair.

Obviously he could still BASK in the glow of being a great fan though, so it's not all bad.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Its been confirmed, not that it will surprise many - the STD carrier, once of this parish, has Followed Agent Barker out the door.

I guess the fact he was working for free makes any claim for compensation a bit flimsy? ??? Given the arrangement Coppell had and PFC's habit of only paying a pittance in the pound to creditors, they probably think Coppell owes them? He should pay them for the privilege of working for such a BIG club with the most AWESOME fans surely?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

You're probably wondering why a club would use a training ground within the hinterland of their greatest rivals (so much so that it was part of the site of a proposed new ground for Saints before they left The Dell). First, it was unbelievably crappy and therefore cheap, and second it wasn't as far for Harry to drive from his lovely home on Sandbanks - or for many of his players, whom he persuaded to buy houses in Poole from an estate agent mate of his.

This had one utterly brilliant consequence for me. One day I turned up there for a press conference to find a bloke I knew called Jim Chamberlain, who ran a Saints fan shop in Northam Road, a couple of yards from St Mary's, standing at the gate wearing a high-vis jacket. It turned out that the idiots had hired a Saints fan as security. And what an interesting source of information he proved to be over the years...

Lovely bloke Jim Chamberlain. Spent many an hour browsing through the programmes in his shop. Saw him a few weeks ago.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Of course if Leeds go to the wall, then only one team will be relegated from the League.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That level of delusion is just TOO funny. Absolutely marvellous. :lolol: :lolol:

"There is no other team close to providing a big day out"

:lolol:

#TWATS

*But what Great Fans

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"With our large travelling support we represent a healthy pay day for many clubs. Surely someone will throw us a game to ensure we stay in the league."

Snigger.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here