Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't believe that this thread has been running since may 2012 and not 1 of THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WOOOOORLD has been on here to defend their (snigger) honour
#twats
Please edit this quick. You'll regret it when they turn up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hear there are plans to move this game to the Millennium Stadium, to avoid too many fans being left disappointed by not being able to get a ticket. A convoy of buses is making its way along the M4 as we speak, the GREATEST FANS want to make sure they get there early to soak up the atmosphere.

Presumably there will be an initial allocation of 70,000 for the Best Fans In The World, and 1,000 for Little Newport.

This will of course mean THOUSANDS more GREAT FANS are locked out, but it's better than nothing. They can do a beamback in Southsea Park for the estimated half a million left disappointed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Presumably there will be an initial allocation of 70,000 for the Best Fans In The World, and 1,000 for Little Newport.

This will of course mean THOUSANDS more GREAT FANS are locked out, but it's better than nothing. They can do a beamback in Southsea Park for the estimated half a million left disappointed.
Any idea why this game isn't been shown live in 132 countries to satisfy the estimated 12 million Pompey fans around the world ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

The ballot was done last week and there were angry scenes* from the great fans who didn't get a ticket.

*tutting and sighing but resigned to the fact their ticket went to a fellow terrific fan.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any idea why this game isn't been shown live in 132 countries to satisfy the estimated 12 million Pompey fans around the world ?

I don't know, but I've heard there are 74 separate special charter flights being laid on by Pompey from all around the globe, arriving into Southampton, Cardiff & Bristol this afternoon.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have dipped in and out of this thread without paying too much attention, as I couldn't really believe that a club the size and stature of Portsmouth FC would be in real trouble.

Just now I went to look at the League One table to reassure myself ... :facepalm:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

This reminds me of that shameful day when somehow, against all the odds, Little Albion were able to defy the odds and defeat Mighty Portsmouth and the Greatest Fans 2-0 at the Amex, our soulless corporate stadium that by some strange error seems to have a capacity of roughly 10,000 higher than Fratton Park according to the internet. I can only assume this a mistake, and that the person(s) responsible for this SLIGHT against the Club of the Greatest Fans will have the full force of the law descend upon them.

But I digress, that is not the reason for my shame, neither is it that somehow, the Spanish wizard Vicente clearly unfairly cheated the Greatest Fans out of the three points that were rightfully theirs by putting the ball in Mighty Pompey's goal twice. No, my shame is due to the fact that more than three quarters of the stadium was set aside for the supporters of Little Brighton, with only a pitiful few thousand reserved for the Greatest Fans. What with this honour being bestowed upon our club, city and county, surely the least that could have been done is for Mighty Portsmouth's allocation to be increased to 100% to accommodate the droves of Greatest Fans who wished to attend? My club's conduct when graced with the visit of such footballing royalty is a shame that will live with me until my dying day.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Greatest Fans In The World have been thrown a glimmer of hope by the breaking news that Leeds United have only paid their players a "proportion" of wages. :ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Greatest Fans In The World have been thrown a glimmer of hope by the breaking news that Leeds United have only paid their players a "proportion" of wages. :ohmy:

The Great Fans probably consider paying anyone a "proportion" of the amount due to be excessively generous. It certainly exceeds the "nothing" paid by Pompey to a number of schools and charities.

But that FA Cup was great, wasn't it!

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I have dipped in and out of this thread without paying too much attention, as I couldn't really believe that a club the size and stature of Portsmouth FC would be in real trouble.

Just now I went to look at the League One table to reassure myself ... :facepalm:

And was worried that you couldn't see them their, until you realized they were in League Two at which point you started laughing uncontrollably about the terrible situation they find themselves. :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perhaps we should organise a NSC coach or two to Northampton to support the Cobblers against the blue GIANTS? If we don't, I'm a bit worried that Pompey will probably take over the whole ground. Cobblers fans will be SWAMPED by the hoards that make up the Greatest Supporters In The World.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Perhaps we should organise a NSC coach or two to Northampton to support the Cobblers against the blue GIANTS? If we don't, I'm a bit worried that Pompey will probably take over the whole ground. Cobblers fans will be SWAMPED by the hoards that make up the Greatest Supporters In The World.

Southampton fans are talking about doing the same as well, would be a bit like a south coast Fans United, only probably is the TGFITW (can't be arsed typing it in full anymore) might think it was for them.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And was worried that you couldn't see them their, until you realized they were in League Two at which point you started laughing uncontrollably about the terrible situation they find themselves. :thumbsup:

I know, it is SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE and a GREAT INJUSTICE... I am sure the FA will do something about it at the earliest opportunity - they will surely be given their RIGHTFUL PLACE in Premiership 2 when it is formed?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Southampton fans are talking about doing the same as well, would be a bit like a south coast Fans United, only probably is the TGFITW (can't be arsed typing it in full anymore) might think it was for them.

I can't be arsed to type it out either, but will have the good grace to put TGFITW in italics. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I'm afraid I have BAD NEWS for all twatfans out there:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/awford-we-will-survive-1451619.aspx
"Andy Awford: We WILL survive."

Oh Bollocks! That's that then. I was only posting on here because I was led to believe they were in serious relegation trouble, but now it seems not. :nono:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here