[Albion] Will De Zerbi still be our Manager after the International break?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I think we all know that TB is always prepared to show a lot of patience with his managerial choices. He had no intention of sacking Sami and had gone back to Australia for xmas and only came back to oversee a new appointment. I suspect some Chairman would've pulled the trigger on CH after either Bournemouth or Cardiff in the hope of a 'new manager bounce' to get the one more win required to stay in the PL. I suspect some clubs would've sacked their manager last season if replicated the two awful run of results we had last season. I think there is no chance of RZB getting fired anytime soon. Rightly so.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Early days but the signs are not promising, he will last til the end of the season at least ..but, if we are 4th bottom at that time.....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Let’s be clear, let’s be absolutely clear here. There is no way, NO WAY WHATSOEVER that Roberto de Zerbi is under pressure. He’s barely got the seat warm, he’s not even had the chance to go on one of Potter’s month to month winless/scoreless streaks. Anyone who has an ounce of footballing acumen will know just by watching our games under RDZ that we’re still moving in the right direction. He’s had an incredibly unfortunate/frustrating first 5 games, not just due to strength of schedule but results not matching performances.
We all want to see that first win for the new gaffer, it possibly won’t come in the next game, but when it does I believe we’ll start to tick. We are in safe hands.
Forza RDZ.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The op isn't considering, but asking the question?
Was talking to a friend last night who brought to my attention that after 5 league games, BHA are 19th out of 20th in the form guide.

If Leeds beat Fulham we will drop to 20th.

Chelsea (home), Wolves (away), Arsenal (cup away) & Villa (home) - if we fail to win any of these, could the manager be gone?
If so - he would have lasted longer than Liz Truss (just).

It has to be a possibility - surely not? .... After we beat Chelsea on Saturday this thread will be put to bed

Currently 25/1 to be next manager leaving
There you go, sticking up for yourself again, you giant tit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sake…punish:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Yes. It’s been a very difficult run of fixtures for him, but we’re still moving in the right direction and more importantly playing well.

There’s also no guarantee that we wouldn’t have had similar results if Potter had stayed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes. It’s been a very difficult run of fixtures for him, but we’re still moving in the right direction and more importantly playing well.

There’s also no guarantee that we wouldn’t have had similar results if Potter had stayed.
I'm sure someone posted the like for like fixtures from last season and the results/amount of points gained were pretty much identical.

The club will be fine. It's not like they are getting trounced or outplayed every game. It's clearly a work in progress and they ARE making progress.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think we all know that TB is always prepared to show a lot of patience with his managerial choices. He had no intention of sacking Sami and had gone back to Australia for xmas and only came back to oversee a new appointment. I suspect some Chairman would've pulled the trigger on CH after either Bournemouth or Cardiff in the hope of a 'new manager bounce' to get the one more win required to stay in the PL. I suspect some clubs would've sacked their manager last season if replicated the two awful run of results we had last season. I think there is no chance of RZB getting fired anytime soon. Rightly so.
It's been mentioned before that Bloom was going to fire Hughton after the Cardiff defeat but decided our fate wouldn't change massively by removing CH at that time, but from that moment on he was a dead man walking no matter what happened that season.

As you say under Potter we went on some very very poor runs but Bloom looks at more than just results, we've put in performances in all of the games RDZ has been in charge of and we are back to the same old problem of not being able to score despite numerous chances created. If Potter was given time to sort that out then RDZ will be too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are you confusing us with the Tory party?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Let’s be clear, let’s be absolutely clear here. There is no way, NO WAY WHATSOEVER that Roberto de Zerbi is under pressure. He’s barely got the seat warm, he’s not even had the chance to go on one of Potter’s month to month winless/scoreless streaks. Anyone who has an ounce of footballing acumen will know just by watching our games under RDZ that we’re still moving in the right direction. He’s had an incredibly unfortunate/frustrating first 5 games, not just due to strength of schedule but results not matching performances.
We all want to see that first win for the new gaffer, it possibly won’t come in the next game, but when it does I believe we’ll start to tick. We are in safe hands.
Forza RDZ.
Liverpool - very good, much better than expected 🤩🤩🤩
Spurs - as expected 😐
Brentford- meh.... ☹️
Forest - very meh... 🤮😡💩🤡
Citeh - slightly better than expected 😵‍💫

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
According to one stats site, yesterday was this season's first game where we didn't win the xG battle (but we did of course win the passes/possession stats, which very few teams will do against Citeh). I don't think we have anything to worry about just yet. Bizarre thread.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Anyone who is a JCL supporter of less than 4 games might think it possible.

Anyone who knows uncle Tony will know that we are a patient business and that sacking so quickly is simply NOT the way we do things round here ....
[and to even suggest it is uneducated simpleton daftness]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports