Who's you're favorite comedian ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nov 20, 2003
hove
As for the TLOS question have seen many say the following Tommy Cooper ,Stan and Ollie ,Spike Milligan ,Bernard Manning ,Max Miller,Peter Cook

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Who, among comedy acts you know, would you say is the Comedians' Comedian?

Just curious, like.

Comedians tend to like the people everyone else likes, but we steer more towards originality and stuff that is still appealing to people who watch a LOT of comedy (which we all do). It'd be easier to list the established comedians the rest of the industry dislikes, but I'm not going to do that :D

Milton Jones / Stewart Francis is very popular, but as a gag writer, he's probably up there with Gary Delaney, who's nowhere near as famous.

Lower down the fame spectrum, people like Simon Evans, Daniel Kitson, Alun Cochrane and Andy Zaltzman will always have other comedians in their audiences, especially during the Edinburgh Fringe. And then there are comedians who can be unpopular with audiences but are still admired by comedians, like Josh Howie, Steve Hughes, Tom Stade, and Tony Law.

Anyway, like it is for everyone else, it's subjective. I adore Simon Evans stuff but I also think Russell Kane is hilarious, and many comedians disagree with me there.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I forgot to mention

Kenneth Horne
The Two Ronnies
Pete and Dud
Spike Milligan
Marty Feldman
Python team

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The most overrated comedians of all time are categorically Lee Evans and Russel Howard.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Comedians tend to like the people everyone else likes, but we steer more towards originality and stuff that is still appealing to people who watch a LOT of comedy (which we all do). It'd be easier to list the established comedians the rest of the industry dislikes, but I'm not going to do that :D

Milton Jones / Stewart Francis is very popular, but as a gag writer, he's probably up there with Gary Delaney, who's nowhere near as famous.

Lower down the fame spectrum, people like Simon Evans, Daniel Kitson, Alun Cochrane and Andy Zaltzman will always have other comedians in their audiences, especially during the Edinburgh Fringe. And then there are comedians who can be unpopular with audiences but are still admired by comedians, like Josh Howie, Steve Hughes, Tom Stade, and Tony Law.

Anyway, like it is for everyone else, it's subjective. I adore Simon Evans stuff but I also think Russell Kane is hilarious, and many comedians disagree with me there.

What do other comedians think of Stewart Lee? Do they all look in awe at the fact that he is working on a level way above most of the observational stuff that goes around or do they think he's too clever for his own good. Obviously he's been derogatory about plenty of current comedians but I wonder whether they still respect his work a lot.

Mar 15, 2009
Brighton
After seeing Ross Noble on Wednesday night at the Dome, he's right up there for me. Over 2hrs of of the cuff comedy, I hurt from laughing by the time I left. So very clever

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Oldies Will Haye Rob Wilton ( you tube the Fireman scetch) , 70s Our Bernard ,Yanks Cris Rock , Now Frankie Boyle ,All time Tommy Cooper , Spike Milligan.

'I see Chelsea lost again Saturday'

One of the greats, still love it today. An annual visit is so therapeutic, like Will Hay and the speeding scene from 'Ask a Policeman' or the Python 'Cheese shop sketch'.

thanks for the mammaries

TNBA

TTF

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What do other comedians think of Stewart Lee? Do they all look in awe at the fact that he is working on a level way above most of the observational stuff that goes around or do they think he's too clever for his own good. Obviously he's been derogatory about plenty of current comedians but I wonder whether they still respect his work a lot.

I was wondering the very same thing. I often wonder if the comedians he target take it seriously or just see it as part of the act.

The man is a genius in my opinion.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I was wondering the very same thing. I often wonder if the comedians he target take it seriously or just see it as part of the act.

The man is a genius in my opinion.

Think he's explained it in his book. They get it. Agree, he is a genius comedy wise in my opinion too. Have you ever seen his Anthony Twat routine? Quite brilliant.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Think he's explained it in his book. They get it. Agree, he is a genius comedy wise in my opinion too. Have you ever seen his Anthony Twat routine? Quite brilliant.

I didn't know he had written a book, I will get on Amazon and get that quick smart.

I will look up his Anthony Twat routine too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports