Who's to blane for there 2nd goal?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
I can't believe everyone is blaming Casper. From what I saw elphick was right in his way and was a best partly to blame for us conceding.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's Tommy's ball. There's no need for the keeper to go for it. If he does, he has to make sure the defender knows, rather than having to jump over him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought it was at least partly Elphick's fault as well but was the other side of the stadium so couldn't see clearly.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Easy catch for the keeper. Casper to blame, should never be punching a ball when under absolutely no pressure.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy catch for the keeper. Casper to blame, should never be punching a ball when under absolutely no pressure.

I don't think it was an easy catch as he had to go over Elphick. He just shouldn't have been going for it at all.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How can you blame the centre half for being under the flight of the ball not that far inside the box? Casper has either got to properly punch that, or simply catch it, or stay on his line and trust his defenders to head clear. Elphick didn't put a foot wrong all day in my opinion. That was simply a rush of blood by the keeper, exactly the same as the home game last season v Carlise.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Ankergen was totally at fault. He f***ed up a punch out just a few minutes earlier and got away with it. I can't believe he tried to do it again.

Lets hope the goalkeeping coach gets him up to speed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Comical Casper saw a collison coming with Elpheck and bottled it somewhat. Good keepers clear everything in front of them.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
65% Casper's fault
35% Tommy's fault.

Complete lack of communication between the two and I've no idea what Elphick was doing running backwards towards the keeper when he should have been up with the rest of the defence about 15 yards further forward.

No excuses for either of them.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Casper for me. These things happen. We need to move on. I'm sure he will be fine next week!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Blame and their.

just in fashion new

Dec 23, 2008
Eastbourne
I cant believe people are blaming Elphick for this goal. Definitely the Goalie's fault. The goalie called for it which is why Elphick ducked. Instead of then catching the ball, he punched it straight to a Rochdale player.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think it was an easy catch as he had to go over Elphick. He just shouldn't have been going for it at all.

I'm sorry but you've had a 'mare there. Watch the replay, it is a bloody easy catch that he decided to punch. No Swindon player within a mile.

I think he had a great game in every other respect, looked assured, but that was his f*** up, 100%. But doubt he will let us us down again this season.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
How can anyone blame Elphick for the goal? Ridiculous. Even if he had initially blocked Ankergren, by the time the ball started dropping Elphick was well out of the way and it was an easy routine CATCH for Ankergren. I'm still astounded 3 hours later that he chose to punch it instead.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I cant believe people are blaming Elphick for this goal. Definitely the Goalie's fault. The goalie called for it which is why Elphick ducked. Instead of then catching the ball, he punched it straight to a Rochdale player.

Why was Elphick 15 yards behind the rest of the defensive line? He switched off in my opinion and got in the way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports