Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's to blane for there 2nd goal?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
err, it was slowly floating into his bread basket, after Elphick wisely left the ball. Ankergren. Obviously.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looked like a simple catch for Ankergren from where I was sitting - several miles away in the family stand. Supporting evidence also comes from the dodgy punch just ten minutes previous. Anyway, aside from that he, along with all the team, had a good game, so I won't dwell on it. Credit due too I reckon to the Rochdale player for quick thinking and a well executed lob.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How can you blame the centre half for being under the flight of the ball not that far inside the box? Casper has either got to properly punch that, or simply catch it, or stay on his line and trust his defenders to head clear. Elphick didn't put a foot wrong all day in my opinion. That was simply a rush of blood by the keeper, exactly the same as the home game last season v Carlise.

This.

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
How can people on here think that it was Elphicks fault. If Ankergren was able to punch it, why could he have not caught it? It was a basic catch under NO pressure what-so-ever. He got his hands to it and patheticlly punched the ball right back into danger. Elphick ducked as well, so absolutely no excuses.

Shit keeping, end of!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How can people on here think that it was Elphicks fault. If Ankergren was able to punch it, why could he have not caught it? It was a basic catch under NO pressure what-so-ever. He got his hands to it and patheticlly punched the ball right back into danger. Elphick ducked as well, so absolutely no excuses.

Shit keeping, end of!

Ankergren knew he was at fault. It was obvious from his body language immediately after the goal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Elphick actually does this quite a bit, goes as if to head the ball and then leaves it to float harmlessly back into the keeper. I'm not sure if there's actually a benefit to making the opposition think you're going to head it out and then not or if he just does it for show. To be fair the keeper is new, he doesn't know about this, so maybe this is what Ankergren was wondering as the ball very slowly floated towards him at the ideal height to be caught.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Keeper's fault but Casper's distribution in a team that likes to pass like ours is a big bonus though

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Both for a total lack of communication, saying that though shoukd have been a easy catch for Casper, he shouldn't have punched it unless he was going to really get behind it or put it out for a throw.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
To be honest, that distribution thing is overrated. A safe pair of hands is way better. Believe it.
Somehow I don't think Rochdale were too worried about his contribution to our passing game when he handed them the luckiest point they've ever had on a plate. :lol:

Good distribution for a keeper is a useful attribute, it doesn't make up for lacking essential basics like catching balls that are floating slowly torwards you at a comfortable height and no opposition player applying any sort of pressure. :down:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Somehow I don't think Rochdale were too worried about his contribution to our passing game when he handed them the luckiest point they've ever had on a plate. :lol:

Good distribution for a keeper is a useful attribute, it doesn't make up for lacking essential basics like catching balls that are floating slowly torwards you at a comfortable height and no opposition player applying any sort of pressure. :down:

Don't lecture THPP about distribution, lecture Jesus dumbass Gul.

Sake. :shrug:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Don't lecture THPP about distribution, lecture Jesus dumbass Gul.

Sake. :shrug:

Oi :mad:

anyway it's bloody Scotland's fault that we were in the mess in the first place. Great Scot my arse. (ps I know deep down Gordon will be immense this season)

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm sorry but you've had a 'mare there. Watch the replay, it is a bloody easy catch that he decided to punch. No Swindon player within a mile.
I think he had a great game in every other respect, looked assured, but that was his f*** up, 100%. But doubt he will let us us down again this season.

I should hope so too, especially as they were due to be playing away at Hartlepool

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It was unfortunate but these things happen in football.

It's easy to say that Caspers fault, and he should have either a) shouted for Tommy to clear it, b) call for Tommy to move out of the way for the keeper to clear or catch it c) told Tommy to duck under it so that the keeper can collect it near his line, etc... but does it really matter?

Casper has been at the club a week, and is still learning about his team mates, maybe had he been here longer then there would have been a better understanding and this may not have happened.

The important thing is how he and we respond to this set back, hopefully it will be forgotten about quickly and it won't affect his future performances but we need the fans to not give him a hard time about it too as it would be counter productive imo.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
After watching it on the football league show id say definatly keepers fault...it looked like Tommy was going to head it clear but pulled away at last second because of a shout from the keeper who then proceeded to punch it straight to one of there players instead of make an easy catch. Not the end of the world, yes 2 points needlessly dropped but unbeaten in first 2 league games, 2 or 3 new additions as promised and i think we are in for a good season!!!! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here