Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's to blane for there 2nd goal?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can understand Elphick being where he was if the rest of the defensive line was with him and thus attackers would be too, but they had all stepped up leaving a huge no mans land, that Elphick hadn't paid attention to, switched off and ended up getting in the way.

I would disagree with this, that free kick was taken from deep by their keeper. You would expect at least one of our defenders to drop in AFTER the free kick is taken (when offside is nolonger an issue) in case someone has sprung the offside trap. I've played with a few keepers in my time who would have completely flattened me to catch that ball, other than being slightly in his line of sight, I can't see that Elphick is an issue to the keeper.

That said.....another thread has been pointing out what I agree was a dreadful clash of kits, far too close in the colour spectrum and both dark socks and shirts to boot. They way Casper is concerned about Elphick could be that out of the corner of his eye he thinks he's a Rochdale player. Still no excuse, but plausible...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Entirely Caspers fault. The goalkeeper is there to catch the ball, and he has bloody big gloves to help him do so. Catch it, don't punch it and we all go home happy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wankergren was to blame , no shout to Elf to tell him to leave it and then punched it away like a girl instead of catching the ball. Did he think he was trying to make up for the previous 10 minutes of flapping around in the box ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here