Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's to blane for there 2nd goal?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I still think Tommy has played a big part in it. Casper mainly at fault but Elphick shouldn't have been in the penalty area to confuse matters.

Agree, time to move on

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
this would never have happened if we didnt get rid of Michel Kuipers , yet we have Poke who doesnt look up to it after seeing Casper's performance in the last 20 mins just doesnt look comfortable what so ever

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Calamity Casper totally at fault.

Now we have Peter the one armed bandit,this bloke and the stunningly inept Poke as three of our four keepers.Haven't seen the other one.........can he be any worse?

Never mind the 20 goal striker,let's get a competent keeper to keep them out at the other end.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ankergren was doing poor punches earlier, why he didn't catch it is beyond me. However, I travelled back with a couple of Rochdale fans who reckoned they deserved a draw, and we think our fans are deluded.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just looked at it again on the video - in that position it's the keepers job to direct the defender, if Elphick had a big enough shout then he wouldn't have been there.

Keepers fault

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Forwards and defenders get in the goalie's way at every corner or cross into the box.

Does not mean they have to GLOVE MENTAL it in the way Ankergren did.

Tommy did not cover himself in glory with his part BUT you expect much better from your keeper.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed! If Casper comes he has to communicate.

However, the rest of the defence had 'stepped up', so what was Elphick doing. Having seen it on TV Casper could have even stayed on his line and given Tommy a call.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Forwards and defenders get in the goalie's way at every corner or cross into the box.

Does not mean they have to GLOVE MENTAL it in the way Ankergren did.

Tommy did not cover himself in glory with his part BUT you expect much better from your keeper.

At a corner though the keeper KNOWS he's going to need to fight his way through a crowd. When there's no opposition players or any other defenders within 15 yards you have to wonder what Elphick was doing and his positioning must have made the keeper question what on Earth he was doing.

Still no excuse for Casper though

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Both were poor for the goal, but one can only assume Elphick would not have been there if he had got a call from the keeper.

If he leaves it when the keeper has not called and someone nips in, its crap defending.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Both were poor for the goal, but one can only assume Elphick would not have been there if he had got a call from the keeper.

If he leaves it when the keeper has not called and someone nips in, its crap defending.

I can understand Elphick being where he was if the rest of the defensive line was with him and thus attackers would be too, but they had all stepped up leaving a huge no mans land, that Elphick hadn't paid attention to, switched off and ended up getting in the way.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
All Casper the Clown has to do is shout "Keeper's" and the ball's his (to CATCH).

100% goalkeeping HOWLER.

This. A lack of communication. I love how everyone lambasts Tommy at every given opportunity is becoming a bit tiresome. Tunnicliffe is a better player. Really? His team have conceded ten goals in their last 3 games.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Watching it on the Football League Show last night it looks even WORSE. He could have stood stock still 5-10 yards behind Elphick and it would have been the easiest catch in the world. There was no need to rush up behind Elphick.

One of the poorest bits of judgement I have ever witnessed on a football field.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it all stemmed from us attempting to play a JOKE of an offside trap

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Why oh why oh why are we still jumping on the "blame Tommy bandwagon" ?

Casper was totally totally at fault but its gone now, get on and learn from it Casper. That ball into the box was clearly Tommy's ball to head out and if Casper really wanted to come and get it then punch it, punch it properly don't go all "glove mental" (love that Walt) and flap at it.

Tommy had yet another fine game yesterday. Sake, let's get behind him rather than persecute him.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
Why oh why oh why are we still jumping on the "blame Tommy bandwagon" ?

Casper was totally totally at fault but its gone now, get on and learn from it Casper. That ball into the box was clearly Tommy's ball to head out and if Casper really wanted to come and get it then punch it, punch it properly don't go all "glove mental" (love that Walt) and flap at it.

Tommy had yet another fine game yesterday. Sake, let's get behind him rather than persecute him.

swindon game and yesterday Tommy was quality, people sitting behind me slagging him off all game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tommy had yet another fine game yesterday.

Didn't think he played very well yesterday and (by most accounts) had a poor game at Northampton. However, I agree he was outstanding at Swindon, one of the MOMs with El-Abd I would suggest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here