Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want to replace Hyypia?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How is that working out for him at Reading?
Reading are a hopeless case with their Thai 'billionaire' owner having no cash. Adkins isn't doing too badly given the constraints I think.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
No decent manager would come here due to budget constraints they'd have to work under. It would probably have to be someone like Hughton, who I think would do enough to keep us in the division.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Moyes, no chance of him agreeing though

Hoddle, no chance of Bloom appointing him

No standout candidate who would join us imo. Much like the summer and why we ended up with Hyypia. No decent manager will work within the restrictions at this club when other clubs will offer control and a bigger budget, ignoring FFP, in the near future.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
About the safest 2 options, It needs someone who knows this division to turn this around.

Have to say if these two were mentioned before we appointed Sami I would have been disappointed, but now it's really starting to feel like we need a manager who knows the division. Would take McDermott over Hughton personally as feel he plays a slightly more attacking brand of football. Would need to move quickly as he's been linked with Birmingham.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'd be well up for Moyes, but he's currently favourite to take over at Inter Milan so doubt it, somehow.

I was not happy that the Albion had yet again gone for a foreigner with SH - not that I mind in principle, or have anything against him, before the PC brigade accuses me of anything! When managers are out of work, I assume and hope that they keep their finger on the pulse and watch matches ready for when the next job comes along, so that they would have a good idea which player is ready to play where and when contracts run out, as well as being aware of the general rumour mill. This is obviously easier when you are in the same country, as a general rule. Therefore, to my mind, it follows that an English manager might know more about the Championship, the standard of players that are needed, and the likely opposition we would face on the pitch. Of course, it would not be the manager's sole decision, though they might want it to be, but it is more likely that agreement would be reached on potential targets, as the manager would be more able to make an informed judgement. I am not saying that every English manager is better than his foreign counterpart, which would clearly not always be true, but he would normally have an advantage, and after two foreign managers, I would like to see someone from this country for the reasons outlined above, if and/or when push comes to shove!

Irish Gin

Oct 20, 2014
Brighton
Basically a sensible appoitment is needed - I would love someone like Sherwood as a long term manager - but realistically Curbishley until the end of the season would be good for us. We need a manager who knows what they are doing! Im tired of these managers trying to ' find out the division and lower league football' - why do we do this to ourselves?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
All hypothetical of course while Sami is still manager. But can't help wondering who would be the right man for the job if a change occurs.

Sherwood is a maverick and could be brilliant - or a complete car crash. His touchline passion and antics would contrast with Sami and might just appeal to some fans but I'm not sure his dirty washing in public would be Tony Bloom's cup of tea. So I can't see Sherwood being the man, although it might be interesting to watch.

I guess it depends whether TB is willing to risk another inexperienced manager - or look at a safer pair of hands. Whoever it is would have to work with the same squad of players and put up with FFP. I suspect that might rule out the Sherwoods of this world.

Hughton does not get the juices going for me but might be the sort of candidate we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here