⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Ian Holloway

not really

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I have always been an advocate for giving Sami time but the lack of effort in the second half on Saturday made me think that we may be looking for a replacement in the near future. Trouble is I can't think of anyone who I would want to replace him. I'm sure there is someone out there who would excite me - Sherwood, Hoddle, Hughton??

Who would you want if/when the time comes?

Probably not, DEFINITELY NOT, pass.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure what a new manager could achieve, maybe different tactics but it will still be the same players and that is where the problem lies

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oscar, health and if would come back.
Otherwise, I liked the sound of the French bloke we apparently interviewed or Steve Clarke.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If it happens, and after Saturday I think I'm in that camp. It will need to be someone who fits in with the preferred style and would be fairly cheap as paying off Sami would be a big problem with FFP etc.

Steve Clarke, if he has moderated his wage demands, would be my choice. But Tony Pulis etc is never going to happen...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I want one of them tried and tested, twenty-goals-a-season, ENGLISH managers!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Be careful what you wish for.
There is a succession plan for Nathan Jones to be our next manager.

That wouldn't surprise as Tony Bloom wants to keep under FFP, & most managers get a pay off when sacked. Poyet had a £2 million clause written into his contract, which was why the club went with the gross misconduct route which meant he got nothing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
maybe someone off NSC who think they might do better

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We need passion. Someone who is going to be on the touchline screming his head off for 90+ minutes, not Nathan bloody Jones.

Sorry but this is absolute b*llocks. Please provide evidence of a strong correlation between success and bellowing like a moron (and it'll take more than just Ferguson and the hair-dryer treatment to convince me).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sorry but this is absolute b*llocks. Please provide evidence of a strong correlation between success and bellowing like a moron (and it'll take more than just Ferguson and the hair-dryer treatment to convince me).

once the players are on the pitch its up to them, they have been told how to play.
in his interview he has said that they have not absorbed the plan and only started playing after we had scored,when they should have been playing like that from the start

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
It will be Jones,at least as caretaker..........and if he does well,why not ? Whenever i have heard him,he seems,focused,intelligent and has Albion connections.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm on the side of 'we shouldn't have employed him in the first place' camp, but he's here now and I think he'll be able to string some wins together. The playoffs are only 9 points away so give him 'til Xmas then we can revisit this thread. I haven't seen anything from any other team to suggest we're really crap all the time.......yet

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Be careful what you wish for.
There is a succession plan for Nathan Jones to be our next manager.

I wouldn't have a problem with that, especially on a caretaker role to see what he has got.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
And on a side note, what exactly do you have against Nathan Jones? Since returning the club his only discernible crime has been giving dull, generic replies to the dull, generic questions he was asked after a number of last season's games. By all accounts he has been a very good and highly valued coach and unless you're suggesting that he faked and scripted that entire interview he gave in the summer, he has a very real passion for the club and wants nothing more than to see us succeed. I, and I'm sure a sizeable number of other fans are, am very pleased to have him on board.

Oh but of course, because of one or two twattish incidents over half a decade ago he is not worthy of his role at the club.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It will be Jones,at least as caretaker..........and if he does well,why not ? Whenever i have heard him,he seems,focused,intelligent and has Albion connections.

No! No! We've thrashed this all out before: Welsh. Weasel. Yeovil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here