Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want to replace Hyypia?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Pulis/Moyes obviously wouldn't come to us, doubt Sherwood would either. I can't think of one feasible target that would be worth the hassle and the huge pay-offs to appoint, and sacking the manager and his staff just a few months into their contracts would be an FFP-busting move. Can't see it happening any time soon.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
A succession plan involves putting somebody in place to take over - how can a football club, unless they promote from within like Liverpool did in the 70's/80's have a succession plan

To paraphrase the great Don Logan: Not this time, Nathan. Not this time. Not this ****ing time. No. No no no no no no no no no! No! No no no no no no no no no no no no no! No! Not this ****ing time! No ****ing way! No ****ing way, no ****ing way, no ****ing way!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The club should draw up a short list of 5 managers and then let NSC do a poll to determine the winner. It's the only way.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Pulis/Moyes obviously wouldn't come to us, doubt Sherwood would either. I can't think of one feasible target that would be worth the hassle and the huge pay-offs to appoint, and sacking the manager and his staff just a few months into their contracts would be an FFP-busting move. Can't see it happening any time soon.

Far too sensible post to be on NSC at present !!

I dont believe any available manager who would actually join us, would even improve us.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes and I hope he turns it round. But in any business you have to have a succession plan!
I guess part of that succession plan also entails budgeting for his compensation, a provision for any legal fees for any unfair dismissal action, and recruitment and/or compensation fees for his replacement.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I dont believe any available manager who would actually join us, would even improve us.
Exactly. These threads are always on a par with asking "which bird off the telly would you like to shag next?" It just becomes a wish list of the totally unobtainable, and the new guy never matches the expectations. Plus unless we're VERY lucky we'll be asking this question at least once more before the end of the season (working on the assumption that each manager gets 12 games to produce a silk purse out of a sow's ear before they too get the bullet).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Would only have to abandon the FBs pushed up to improve us, so don't agree. However, you are right none of those mentioned are likely to come.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd go for Coppell if it was up to me.

I'm glad it isn't though, as I once wanted Jim Gannon in the hot seat. :ffsparr:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have always thought Chris Powell would of been a good realistic appointment for us in the summer oh well that ship has sailed.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Eddie Howe

If Sami can't turn it round and the inevitable happens then Eddie Howe is a great shout. It would cost an FFP-busting fortune though.

Or Brian McDermott as a tried and trusted Championship winning/experienced manager.

Or wait for Sean Dyche if Burnley are stupid enough to sack him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shame on you NSC post #39 and nobody has mentioned Applethingy that was at Pompey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here