Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you want to replace Hyypia?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit I hadnt considered Brian McDermott but he would change our style of play somewhat and knows this division well. I would plump for Sherwood and Chris Ramsey as Ferdinand has now gone to QPR. That would mean sacking NJ would TB do that not sure he would.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Depends on what you want.

Open, fluid, expansive football. Then you go for a lover of the beautiful game, like Zola.
Winning football, end of. Then it's a call to Tony Pulis.

Personally, I love a bit of flair. I have no desire for "promotion at all costs" as the PL doesn't hold that wonderment for me. I don't want to play ugly football, to grind out the chance to get battered every week by the mega money Premiership sides. I'd want some open attacking flair football. To be honest, on the budget we have served up, I don't see why that isn't Hyppia, with just a little bit of adjusting.

First principles of the full backs has to be to defend. Get wingers running at their full backs (rather than our full backs all the time), and we desperately need a forward to bang a couple in a get some confidence. Don't change for the sake of change. I stick with Sami.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I'd love to see Zola given another chance. His one good season at Watford, they were playing great football. West Ham he was unlucky to be sacked. Still think he's got potential to be a good manager.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
IF he is to be replaced then WHOEVER it is needs to take Burkes list of midgets and free transfers and shove it up his arse and say to the board or whatever "get me him*" as opposed to what I think is happening is here is a list of crap what crap do you want to pick from this list.

*Within reason as I think its acknowledged we will never get Ronaldo or Messi.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I have always been an advocate for giving Sami time but the lack of effort in the second half on Saturday made me think that we may be looking for a replacement in the near future. Trouble is I can't think of anyone who I would want to replace him. I'm sure there is someone out there who would excite me - Sherwood, Hoddle, Hughton??

Who would you want if/when the time comes?

all of those you mentioned sound ****ing diabolical - stick with sami

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Moyes, He rebuilds his confidence, and our shambles of a team.
We would basically be doing him a favour ;-)

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
8 pages talking about who we want as our new manager, whilst there is nothing to suggest that Hyypia's job is anything other than safe. NSC at it's best!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not in the hire 'em and fire 'em camp, but I'm beginning to think that replacing Sammi might have to be done. And if he has to be replaced, I would expect Tony Bloom to do it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
8 pages talking about who we want as our new manager, whilst there is nothing to suggest that Hyypia's job is anything other than safe. NSC at it's best!

How about 2 wins in 12 and three other clubs down there with us have already sacked their managers, suggests with these kind of results, he is in danger of at least getting that vote of confidence. Although I do think there is someone at the club who needs it more, oh hold on he was given that already.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Tactics that make no sense and results are fairly suggestive he might not be 100% safe

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
How about 2 wins in 12 and three other clubs down there with us have already sacked their managers, suggests with these kind of results, he is in danger of at least getting that vote of confidence. Although I do think there is someone at the club who needs it more, oh hold on he was given that already.
You do talk some drivel tough guy!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Said on other thread Tony Mobray

English, knows the champ, got the connections, ORGANISED teams but can play a bit, put faith in youngsters when clearing out strachan dead wood, always top half of table teams.

They used to run out of steam at the end but never in any danger whatsoever.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jaap Stam.

Scary looking ex-PL defenders have worked brilliantly.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here