Who sits near You at the Amex ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In front of me - the only four people in the central block of WSU to stand up at every conceivable moment. They stand up, spread their arms out wide as if they're going to sing something, then realise no-one else is, so have look around, consider their options, then finally decide to sit down again. I feel like such a grump asking them to sit down, but the truth is - I want to watch the match, not their backs.

Behind me - four blokes who have no concept of time-keeping.

All around me - too many fuckwits (well, about five actually) screaming abuse at Ashley Barnes.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Hear this every match from the two little pre-pubescent pricks behind me "f***ing shit Barnes, why isn't he being subbed?.......Poyet is a shit manager...............why do we always go backwards, GET IT IN THE BOX" All in that high-pitched my-balls-have-just-begun-to-drop voice before manhood arrives

I switch off, because I'll blow a gasket if I even glance sideways at them. My match companion turned to their dad, who sits anonymously quiet beside them, after a full 5 minute Barnes rant "Do you bring them here just to let off steam, because they obviously know NOTHING about football?". He just shrugged and rolled his eyes.

Next season we're moving seats, because the bigger of the two little shitcunts will be big enough to punch

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Sitting in 1901.
Behind me - Proper fans (Thank f*ck!) Enjoy a good song, seem very knowledgable, know what they are talking about.
Infront - Plastic. Plastic. Plastic. People dressed in suits. Come 10 minutes after KO, and then 48 mins, then leave at about 80. Why even bother?
To my right - My old man, took me to my first game when I was 7, my god am I thankful. Then along from there 2 teens who dress smart, sh*t fans, sit there. And get annoyed when I sing.
Left - Always changing.

What really bugs me about the 1901, though, is when I sing, these people a couple of rows infront of me tell me to sit down cause I'm a 'sh*t plastic fan' Yes, I may be only 16, but when you consider I've been to over 220 games, at 16, doesn't seem plastic to me... W*nkers.

Rant over

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
East Family. to my left my daughter ( end of Row) 2 really nice lads and their dad to my right, decent bloke in his early 30's with his 2 young sons directly behind me, family ( mum,dad 3 kids) in front. Love where I sit as have fantastic view of North Stand Goal mouth & can hear the chants from the North so still feel part of the atmosphere. I've noticed the noise levels steadily increase from the East Family as the Seasons progressed and it's building into a great atmosphere there. I LOVE THIS CLUB!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
WSU H block, on my left is a nice Gentleman who very patiently puts up with my rants at Barnes and Navarro (both said in jest because I rate the pair of them just find them occasionally frustrating) a few father and son duo's sit in front of me, Damanclay sits behind me and behind him are a group of blokes who love Adam El Abd, and his song, singing it every opportunity to the annoyance of a couple of young lads across the aisle. All in all it's a top place to sit, I wouldn't swap my seat for anywhere in the ground.

Haha quite near me then. Adam El Abd chants from minute ONE onwards, up and to the right of me.

Sit with my brother (Chesney Christ) and our dad/whoever has his ticket that day, we've got a father and son to our left who are good lads.

We have a family to our right who arrive late and leave early (they sell programmes or something similar I think). One of the family is obsessed with shouting "f*** 'IS LEGS" at any opportunity. They really hate legs for some reason.

Can usually see sheebo, mendoza etc down a dozen or so rows from us.

Haha quite near me then. Adam El Abd chants from minute ONE onwards, up and to the right of me.

Sit with my brother (Chesney Christ) and our dad/whoever has his ticket that day, we've got a father and son to our left who are good lads.

We have a family to our right who arrive late and leave early (they sell programmes or something similar I think). One of the family is obsessed with shouting "f*** 'IS LEGS" at any opportunity. They really hate legs for some reason.

Can usually see sheebo, mendoza etc down a dozen or so rows from us.

You must be just a few rows back from me and my son in law. I'm the one who gets overexcited quite often and have been known to go charging down the aisle every now and then.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
WSU H... got some old dude on the right who either sits for the whole game with his headphones in (bonus) or spends 85 minutes moaning constantly before getting up and missing our inevitable late goal.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
WSL - quality bunch of lads behind us, with one of their dads. My dad-in-law to my right, and whoever wants to come with us to my left. Quiet bunch of lads in front to the right of us, don't seem to make any noise at all, think they may be students - doubt they'll renew. And a delightful couple in front of us, who always piss themselves at our jokes, but never join in with the chanting which is a shame - he treated her to Valentines football by buying her a pie :) All in all very happy where we are, alhtough I think some of the oldies around us get a bit dicked of with my high pitched whistling.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
To the left of us a group of blokes we've named the no-neck brigade as they're all larger chaps I wouldn't want to mess with, boisterous and get a bit of stick from the stewards. Behind us a middle aged couple with their sons and to the front and right a big family group.

They all seem like proper Albion fans which is nice.

Special mention to the group of lads far to the rear who always try and start up songs to deaf ears but they make me laugh so well done.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
You must be just a few rows back from me and my son in law. I'm the one who gets overexcited quite often and have been known to go charging down the aisle every now and then.

And you must be a few rows back from me. You weren't the one abusing the empty seats at the Cardiff game were you after the three lads left early??? ("Where are you now then you wankers") - Genius!!!

And you must be a few rows back from me. You weren't the one abusing the empty seats at the Cardiff game were you after the three lads left early??? ("Where are you now then you wankers") - Genius!!!

Nope, can't say I've ever abused an empty seat, or another Brighton fan for that matter.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I'm an East stand 'plastic fan'. I have a group of annoying guys a few rows behind me that think they're piss funny and shouting ridiculous jokes that are not funny yet they all laugh loudly. There are a lot of moaning 'fans' around me, all shouting what the team should be doing, when I'm sure none of them have a clue, for example, when Brighton play the ball back to retain possession (something they do often) and regroup they seem to think the better option is to play into a crowded midfield and risk losing the ball, rather than holding onto it.

To my left is my housemate, to my right it changes (must be corporate) and in front of me starts the 'real fan' seats. Seem like an okay bunch, but they're generally quiet and getting on the teams back rather than supporting them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports