Who said “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman..." about Diouf?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Been on plenty of football coaches where it's been allowed , seems you've led a sheltered life.

He means it's not allowed in a legal sense. On any coach travelling to a designated football game. I've no doubt you've been on coaches where there has been alcohol, as have I, but it doesn't mean it's "allowed". That's all he's saying.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Supporters Club can only improve if more people join. They put a form in the programme for one game last year and scattered them around the concourses and there was almost no uptake. Like I said perhaps they've had their day. It's too easy for someone to jump behind their computer screen and deride the efforts of others while doing sod all themselves.

Do they have an active presence on twitter? Facebook? Is their website cutting edge? Do they run events that will appeal to the young?

Seriously, they don't want new members or they would do all of these things.

Your comment, "I have been in the supporters club for donkeys of years" says it all to me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think you have to have a bit of sympathy with the likes of Liz Costa over being quoted in The Argus etc. Overworked journalists will be asked to get some quotes for a story about the Albion and the first place they will try are the supporters clubs because it will be easy to look on their websites, get a couple of contact numbers and within ten minutes you have two or three quotes from fans with an official (ish) title to accompany their names.

Those quoted are not trying to act as a spokesman for all Albion fans, just answering a couple of questions asked to them by a journalist looking to fill a couple of quote spaces.

I am sure if she refused to answer them the argus would stop ringing her.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am sure if she refused to answer them the argus would stop ringing her.

True. But does it really HURT anyone for her to give a couple of comments to The Argus for a small story on the club getting ready for the play offs or something similar? Really? I can't see it matters all that much.

The higher the profile of the club, the more news stories etc will start to appeal. Whoever is quoted in them won't have the same ideas as all Brighton fans. As long as they are not pretending to, I can't see the problem to be honest.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do they have an active presence on twitter? Facebook? Is their website cutting edge? Do they run events that will appeal to the young?

Seriously, they don't want new members or they would do all of these things.

Your comment, "I have been in the supporters club for donkeys of years" says it all to me.

They do have a Facebook page.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has Liz Costa ever claimed to be the official voice of the Albion fans in any case? Surely it's simply the case that the Argus go to her as a fairly visible figure, who represents an official supporters' organisation. That's all. Blame the lazy Argus if anything.

For what it's worth, I think her comments in today's paper are beyond hilarious, and I would genuinely have loved to hear her scream for a policeman. That said, I also think there's no need for people to have a dig at her personally. As someone said, she's just another thread in the rich tapestry of Albion fans. She's as much of a fan of this club as anyone on here and, I believe, attends every game, home and away. Everyone has their own style of going about things, and it'd be fairly boring if we were all the same. She and her bus buddies have as much right to express their opinion and love for the Albion as we all do.

She's an Albion fan= she's alright by me :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've only ever been on one coach to football where the driver didn't allow us to drink and even then we still did.

You GUYS :)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He means it's not allowed in a legal sense. On any coach travelling to a designated football game. I've no doubt you've been on coaches where there has been alcohol, as have I, but it doesn't mean it's "allowed". That's all he's saying.

I know what he's saying , that's why I put that "you can't drink legally " did you not read my original post ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I know it isn't allowed by law , that's why I put " you can't drink legally " , what part of that are you struggling with ?

The part where I asked you if you can't enjoy yourself without alcohol.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I just cannot understand why people are at all bothered about Liz, or indeed anyone else, being quoted in a few Argus articles about the Albion. Is the fact someone you don't agree with is given a couple of lines in a local paper to air their views on the Albion really THAT big a deal to some people?

She is a representative of the supporters club and, as such, is someone local press will go to when they are doing a story about Albion supporters. It isn't lazy journalism and it isn't Liz trying to establish herself as the official spokesman for all Albion fans everywhere. It is just common sense and not something anyone should get upset about.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] how many of NSC do we have!? I think you should be the voice of the Brighton fans now :lolol:

I have toyed with doing something semi-formal.

Then the small matter of being arsed got in the way.

(For the record every football coach I've ever been on has involved drinking.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports