Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who said “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman..." about Diouf?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Good grief.

This woman needs to be told once and for all that SHE DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF BRIGHTON FANS ANYMORE. Or put simply, JUST SHUT UP.

How can the argus continue to ask her opinion when she represents just 200 people in a fan base of 30,000+.

Costa and Watts are a complete joke.

Spot on :clap2:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You can't drink on any coach.

:facepalm: I appreciate it's officially against the law, that doesn't mean to say people obey those laws. Just look at the Palace kiddies who got done at the weekend. I'm not suggesting the supporters club should start letting people drink on their coaches just that is one of the many things that put people off travelling with them.

This site always amazes me the way people pick on something that they know nothing about.

Oh the irony!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I HATE it when fans moan about players reacting to crowd abuse because I love it, it's part of the game. If you are gonna dish it then be big enough to take it when the guy getting the abuse scores against you and then runs over to take the piss.
This (generally, as long as the player doesn't clatter someone or something :D)

Funniest thing is that having spoken to a couple of people who were listening on the radio is that the cheer for Diouf's sending off was so loud and the commentary so vague that they just assumed that it was an Albion player being sent off. That's how loud the away support was :thumbsup:
Exactly what I thought when I heard it on the radio - was aided and abetted by the fact that that was how Cantor's reaction made it sound.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funniest thing is that having spoken to a couple of people who were listening on the radio is that the cheer for Diouf's sending off was so loud and the commentary so vague that they just assumed that it was an Albion player being sent off. That's how loud the away support was :thumbsup:

Absolutely this. Was listening with [MENTION=943]Chesney Christ[/MENTION] and a few others and we went "oh no" because the cheer was MASSIVE - we were certain it was another Brighton player being shown red.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's nearer 400 and it is the biggest representation of Brighton fans. Just saying.

I'm sorry but I think that's total bollocks.

All they represent is the old guard. They don't actively recruit new members. They are happy with it being a closed shop.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can't drink legally , any half decent driver will let you though.

So you drive coaches? I have done and I've never known a driver that would allow it. His licence is at stake.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Actually, they add to the rich tapestry of life on the Albion terraces.

Yep that is true.

But they have no right to represent the views of Albion support over and over again.

And Titus, you say that people on here talk about something they know nothing about. Well we are all Brighton fans, and yet we all know nothing about the Supporters Club because the perception is that it's full of old people, a closed shop, they don't want people to join.

Otherwise why have they not actively recruited the new fanbase? At Withdean we averaged crowds of 6,000 and the supporters club had about 350 members. At the AMEX we have five times that and about the same number of members. Why? Because of the above. The fact we have supporters clubs all over Sussex running their own coaches says it all really. No one wants part of a back looking organisation represented by two aging whining old ladies.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was stood quite near the front and saw it all. Think he deseved to see red for it but cannot say I was overly offended. Certainly not enough to scream for a policeman like a restaurant goer clicking their fingers for a waiter...

If he shouted anything homophobic at the fans while doing it, well, for me, that takes on another dimension and he should be punished accordingly by the league. Without that context I think you would have difficulty arguing his gesture was meant to be homophobic. It might have been him just being a prick. I didn't hear anything like that but, then again, everyone near me was going batshit at him so I wouldn't have heard it if he had.

What did make me laugh however was the face of the policeman stood about three people to my right who had just two minutes earlier warned a Brighton fan against loosely shaking their clenched fist at Leeds fans because "any offensive gestures will not be tolerated here." You could see him just roll his eyes and think, "For f**ks SAKE Diouf..."

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm in the supporters club and have been for donkey's years. I agree that Liz is a bit strange but you can't doubt her loyalty to the club. I doubt anyone puts in as many hours a week on Albion matters and that includes Gus. I guess Supporters clubs are out of fashion since the internet came along but they still provide a service. Don't forget it was them that paid for the original North stand to be built at the Goldstone so they can't be all bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here