Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Football] Who is going to watch Chelsea vs Arsenal today?

Who is watching Chelsea vs Arsenal

• Yes, gonna be interesting, donā€™t care about the result though

• No, no interest in either team

• Nope, I have better things to do

• Yes Come on Arsenal

• Yes, Come on Chelsea

• FFS why donā€™t you just move on!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Elm Grove was a single form entry mixed school...so, about 50/50 boys girls and I had bad eyesight and wasn't the most gifted sport wise.... we were batting 2nd and well behind ..I came in batting last and we had nothing to lose so I went for it...scored 32 as I recall..we lost but gave it a good go, even ran a 4 ! ...marvellous days.
Elm Groveā€¦ā€¦ā€¦Chav Central back thenā€¦ā€¦..:D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As well as Potter ****ing off, you've never seen an Albion game at any of the clubs 4 'home' grounds.
You've never been to To The UK let alone Sussex.
You never played Stoolball for your Primary School.
You don't have a club in the SCL that's 'your' cricket club.
You've never been to Wetherspoons in Bexhill.
You've never had a pint of Harvey's.

What's keeping you here soldier?
I fail on three of those and I donā€™t like Harveys, do I need to hand in my resignation as an Albion fan?:tears:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Absolutely no way, that is a step too far. A draw will do for me
Yeah. I can't support Newcastle.
I also flirted with the idea of wanting a draw.
But in the end decided I want chelsea to win, as long as we also win. That way we stay ahead of chelsea and get within catching distance of the Saudis.

Also, I am one of those for whom last weekend was necessary and highly enjoyable, but it is out of my system now. I don't hate Potter, I think he's a talented manager who made a mistake. He was always going to jump eventually, and that's fine, but he jumped too early and in the wrong direction. I want Chelsea to do very badly, but Potter, not quite so much.

Howe on the other hand... Howe is helping to sportswash one of the least pleasant regimes on the planet. Howe can get f***ed.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But in the end decided I want chelsea to win, as long as we also win. That way we stay ahead of chelsea and get within catching distance of the Saudis.

Also, I am one of those for whom last weekend was necessary and highly enjoyable, but it is out of my system now. I don't hate Potter, I think he's a talented manager who made a mistake. He was always going to jump eventually, and that's fine, but he jumped too early and in the wrong direction. I want Chsea to do very badly, but Potter, not so quite much.

Howe on the other hand... Howe is helping to sportswash one of the least pleasant regimes on the planet. Howe can get f***ed.
I've watched a few Chelsea games now since he took over and perhaps he has a unique challenge in his career so far - a set of players with such egos they don't necessarily agree with or take on instructions.

At the end of Hughton our group were like sponges ready for a change, wanting to attack, desperate to be trusted as footballers at this level. I suspect from the opening training session they were completely receptive to what GP wanted to happen, and that remained until he went.

Chelsea could be hitting a ManUtd period, a squad that can't gel, doesn't have the basics of workrate and selfless running for each other, and the one thing Potter will need that very few Chelsea managers get is time. Ten Hag appears to be getting some patience at ManUtd because their fans are already used to erratic results and poor performances. Not sure Potter will be getting that luxury as I doubt Chelsea are prepared to face the reality of where they are yet.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It is just possible btw that I spend too much of my life agonising over the desired results of a match several days away, to be played between two teams I don't support.

The altrnative however, would be getting some work done, and that would never do.
I've watched a few Chelsea games now since he took over and perhaps he has a unique challenge in his career so far - a set of players with such egos they don't necessarily agree with or take on instructions.

At the end of Hughton our group were like sponges ready for a change, wanting to attack, desperate to be trusted as footballers at this level. I suspect from the opening training session they were completely receptive to what GP wanted to happen, and that remained until he went.

Chelsea could be hitting a ManUtd period, a squad that can't gel, doesn't have the basics of workrate and selfless running for each other, and the one thing Potter will need that very few Chelsea managers get is time. Ten Hag appears to be getting some patience at ManUtd because their fans are already used to erratic results and poor performances. Not sure Potter will be getting that luxury as I doubt Chelsea are prepared to face the reality of where they are yet.
I may well be proved wrong, but my feeling is that he will be given time and he will sort it out. I do think he's got what it takes, and I'm not sure that American owner bloke has much choice - he's gone all in on Potter and I assume will have promised him the support and time he needs.

It is possible however that neither the owner, nor Potter truly understood just how awful the Chelsea fan base is...and that may create an untenable position if every home game becomes toxic for a sustained period of time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yeah I would agree I think Potter is likely to be given time until he can sort it out. He will sort it out because he hasn't suddenly become a bad manager.

The only query is will the fans give him a year outside the top four?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Elm Grove were the enemy of St Luke's. It should have been Queen's Park. But they were more the Crawley to your Palace.

I still crow about the 6-0 football defeat of you in 1977.
Sorry, not me ! I should have said, I went to Elm Grove in Worthing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Thanks for the concerns. My life is ok. Nowhere near as good as it was before Covid and shit but I do some work and have lots of friends. No perma-babe at the moment unfortunately.

I don't care much about the attention, it has no intrinsic value. Love the discussions here about life, football, Brighton and other things.

I might have said something less clever in this thread but generally speaking I just discuss the subjects around. Unfortunately whatever I post there's a bunch of people starting to go personal about me, "you've not been around here long enough to have a 50/50 chance of being in a hospice within 5 years, so you know, feel and understand nothing" being the most common take.

I think it is a bit unfortunate as I really just find it interesting to participate in discussions about this team I've followed for years and grown to like (if Chelsea and Brighton play different games at the same time, I'm watching Brighton) and the other things in life and world that this multi-facetted bunch of personalities and opinionators have vividly different, thought-creating and sometimes very... interesting views on.

I can write very normal, non-controversial stuff but I have a little following determined to make it a shitfest every time and then it just spirals. If people don't want things to be about me, the best solution is to stop making it about me, imho.
Fair enough.

Just try to understand the emotions that lifelong football fans have about their club. It means everything to people, it's not a passing phase.

And if you post things as you have on this thread, don't be surprised at the reaction.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
As well as Potter ****ing off, you've never seen an Albion game at any of the clubs 4 'home' grounds.
You've never been to To The UK let alone Sussex.
You never played Stoolball for your Primary School.
You don't have a club in the SCL that's 'your' cricket club.
You've never been to Wetherspoons in Bexhill.
You've never had a pint of Harvey's.

What's keeping you here soldier?
hey - I've never been to Weatherspoons in Bexhill

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Tony Bloom can only pray that Albion fans will some day be as passionate about their own team as they are about Chelsea losing
This is a really, really bad take. I guess it's just a bit of trolling and you didn't think too deeply about it but it's precisely because of our passionate support for the club and appreciation of what Potter was achieving that we feel such animosity towards him. As has been discussed ad nauseum, he didn't just drop his drawers for the first big swinging dick that came calling, without a backward glance, but took every single person that he could persuade to go with him and is, almost certainly, lining up further raids, if he stays in the job long enough. Personally, if he does really well at Chelsea I will be pleased for him and content to bask in the reflected glory that it's mainly due to his time at Brighton. However, if he crashes and burns I will be smirking gleefully. It's possible to hold both opinions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Also, I am one of those for whom last weekend was necessary and highly enjoyable, but it is out of my system now. I don't hate Potter, I think he's a talented manager who made a mistake. He was always going to jump eventually, and that's fine, but he jumped too early and in the wrong direction. I want Chelsea to do very badly, but Potter, not quite so much.

All of this. Every last word. Especially the bit about Howe getting f***ed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here