Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is going to watch Chelsea vs Arsenal today?

Who is watching Chelsea vs Arsenal

• Yes, gonna be interesting, don’t care about the result though

• No, no interest in either team

• Nope, I have better things to do

• Yes Come on Arsenal

• Yes, Come on Chelsea

• FFS why don’t you just move on!

Results are only viewable after voting.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"The good news is that Chelsea look like a team with plenty of ideas. The problem is that nobody seems to be sharing their ideas with anyone else."

"Everyone knows that he is learning on the job. But there are times when you wish he would make it a little less obvious."

"The interesting part will be to see whether the right lessons are taken here. Just think how long it took Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal to look remotely competent, let alone capable of challenging Manchester City for the title.
This was Mikel Arteta’s 150th game in all competitions; the last guy to survive that long at Chelsea was 14 managers ago. Potter knows that what he needs above all is a little time, a little patience, a little faith, a little breathing space. He must surely also know that he will get none of these.

Lots of anti Potter stuff on Twitter tonight. Lots of Chelsea fans wanting Tuchel back already.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm gonna need to get there first to express such a massive thing. Not necessarily to a game, but to the city.
The majority of Man Utd ‘fans’ have never been to Manchester, so I think you can support as you obviously do take a strong interest in the Albion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The majority of Man Utd ‘fans’ have never been to Manchester, so I think you can support as you obviously do take a strong interest in the Albion.
I'm sure they have their motivations but I couldn't do that. For me, 50% of why I find football fascinating is the club-community connection. How clubs can create friendship, fighting spirit, solidarity and creativity among people. If Swansea wasn't fan-owned for multiple years and if they didn't have their struggles resolved by the local community, I would never have been able to take a genuine interest in the club. Almost identical thing here. If Brighton throughout its history had been some kind of club with continuous success, resulting from the wealthy hands of some people-loathing snob, and today owned by some dirty oil state... I'd be out of here.

I've read and seen enough Albion history to develop a strong liking but for me to call myself a fan I'd have to go to the city and connect on a deeper level.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm actually starting to feel a tiny bit sorry for him (Potter, not Swansman). Mainly because I think he is actually a really talented coach who was perfectly suited to the project he had - and Chelsea looks like it will destroy that hard won reputation. Should have stayed with us, developing players that will listen to him and being a bit nicer to fans that were largely patient and supportive. If he'd got us into Europe and, say, through a group stage, he'd have taken so much more credibility into the job he's now got and his chances of carrying the fans/players along would have been so much better. It's really Chelsea I want to see crash and burn long term, not Potter personally.

The way I see it, we'd have ended up 13th last season if we'd lost on the final day. There is no way in a million years Chelsea would have replaced Thomas Tuchel with a boss who'd finished 13th with Brighton, rather than 'led them to their best ever position'. So Boehly's "strategy" was heavily influenced by one meaningless match with a knackered West Ham. Nuts.
In the world of “punching above your weight” he’s an expert.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm sure they have their motivations but I couldn't do that. For me, 50% of why I find football fascinating is the club-community connection. How clubs can create friendship, fighting spirit, solidarity and creativity among people. If Swansea wasn't fan-owned for multiple years and if they didn't have their struggles resolved by the local community, I would never have been able to take a genuine interest in the club. Almost identical thing here. If Brighton throughout its history had been some kind of club with continuous success, resulting from the wealthy hands of some people-loathing snob, and today owned by some dirty oil state... I'd be out of here.

I've read and seen enough Albion history to develop a strong liking but for me to call myself a fan I'd have to go to the city and connect on a deeper level.

As well as Potter ****ing off, you've never seen an Albion game at any of the clubs 4 'home' grounds.
You've never been to To The UK let alone Sussex.
You never played Stoolball for your Primary School.
You don't have a club in the SCL that's 'your' cricket club.
You've never been to Wetherspoons in Bexhill.
You've never had a pint of Harvey's.

What's keeping you here soldier?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In the world of “punching above your weight” he’s an expert.
Exactly. He appears to be a good organiser and leader, however he seems to have taken a step too far without the comfort of familiar players, a smaller and forgiving fan base, a patient Chairman and not unreasonable expectations. All he has is the familiarity of his team around him, knowing full well that they are only there for the perceived promotion and mega pay rise. None of them can be happy atm.

Those, like me, who now realise that they saw GP through rose tinted glasses, are now seeing through the fancy EI words and claims and are seeing a different side to him, one that lacks emotion and passion, and understanding of the what being a football fan really means.

He may have some sort of qualification in psychology, EI etc and the press were delighted to grasp this new story, but his actions in the past couple of months (and probably longer) makes you wonder how well he utilises these skills in football. Someone with EI skills wouldn’t want people to be disappointed in him. I am.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As well as Potter ****ing off, you've never seen an Albion game at any of the clubs 4 'home' grounds.
You've never been to To The UK let alone Sussex.
You never played Stoolball for your Primary School.
You don't have a club in the SCL that's 'your' cricket club.
You've never been to Wetherspoons in Bexhill.
You've never had a pint of Harvey's.

What's keeping you here soldier?
"Stoolball " that's going to confuse him...and yes, very nearly won a match for Elm Grove Worthing batting last!

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

Then just do it man. Jump on a plan to Gatwick, Spend a long weekend in Brighton, take in a game at the Amex. Engage, listen and learn. Then you will have that connection.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
"Stoolball " that's going to confuse him...and yes, very nearly won a match for Elm Grove Worthing batting last!
Didn't play stoolball till I left school. But if we played softball at school - highlight of my week.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There's no prouder sporting moment than playing Stoolball for your school.....
Elm Grove was a single form entry mixed school...so, about 50/50 boys girls and I had bad eyesight and wasn't the most gifted sport wise.... we were batting 2nd and well behind ..I came in batting last and we had nothing to lose so I went for it...scored 32 as I recall..we lost but gave it a good go, even ran a 4 ! ...marvellous days.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Elm Grove was a single form entry mixed school...so, about 50/50 boys girls and I had bad eyesight and wasn't the most gifted sport wise.... we were batting 2nd and well behind ..I came in batting last and we had nothing to lose so I went for it...scored 32 as I recall..we lost but gave it a good go, even ran a 4 ! ...marvellous days.
I played stallball while at Elm Grove as well. Was very surprised when discussing at work in Reading one day, no one had a scooby what I was on about. Looked it up and found out it was only really played in Sussex.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Elm Grove were the enemy of St Luke's. It should have been Queen's Park. But they were more the Crawley to your Palace.

I still crow about the 6-0 football defeat of you in 1977.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
There's no prouder sporting moment than playing Stoolball for your school.....
Stoolball league in eastbourne was too rough for me! Virtually every week there would be aggro about blokes bowling too fast at the women players. The irony being that many of the women players were Chelsea college PE students smashing it all over the shop.

My Saturday league cricket seemed tame compared to what was meant to be my midweek social game!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly. He appears to be a good organiser and leader, however he seems to have taken a step too far without the comfort of familiar players, a smaller and forgiving fan base, a patient Chairman and not unreasonable expectations. All he has is the familiarity of his team around him, knowing full well that they are only there for the perceived promotion and mega pay rise. None of them can be happy atm.

Those, like me, who now realise that they saw GP through rose tinted glasses, are now seeing through the fancy EI words and claims and are seeing a different side to him, one that lacks emotion and passion, and understanding of the what being a football fan really means.

He may have some sort of qualification in psychology, EI etc and the press were delighted to grasp this new story, but his actions in the past couple of months (and probably longer) makes you wonder how well he utilises these skills in football. Someone with EI skills wouldn’t want people to be disappointed in him. I am.
Reflecting on it personally I think perhaps we are seeing the difference between educated/calculated ’emotional intelligence’ (unusual in football hence Potter’s success to date) and real emotion, plus intelligence. Potter has had to learn it, De Z just has it. Technically and tactically De Z probably has a better CV.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reflecting on it personally I think perhaps we are seeing the difference between educated/calculated ’emotional intelligence’ (unusual in football hence Potter’s success to date) and real emotion, plus intelligence. Potter has had to learn it, De Z just has it. Technically and tactically De Z probably has a better CV.
Ferguson, Klopp, Shankly, Busby, Wenger, Paisley didn’t need an OU degree as mature students. Their many talents include/included the innate ability to lift players, make them feel a million $, know when it’s time for stick and time for carrot. So very difficult to acquire that skill, to successfully man-manage elite sportsmen (and Loftus-Cheek).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here