Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is going to watch Chelsea vs Arsenal today?

Who is watching Chelsea vs Arsenal

• Yes, gonna be interesting, don’t care about the result though

• No, no interest in either team

• Nope, I have better things to do

• Yes Come on Arsenal

• Yes, Come on Chelsea

• FFS why don’t you just move on!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm gonna need to get there first to express such a massive thing. Not necessarily to a game, but to the city.
There are millions of "fanatical, lifelong" big 6 fans in Africa who have never even been to Europe. Your reason for starting to follow Brighton is much more acceptable, in my opinion, than those plastic glory hunters. I have only been to the Amex once, and that was for a stadium tour, but I am proudly fanatical about the club (of course, as you noted earlier, I am only a few years from a hospice and have 13 years as a Goldstone season ticket holder in my back pocket from 1967 onwards). Embrace the team. Thump the table and swear when they concede. Dance and sing when they score. See how you get on. One of my finest memories was sitting in my favourite bar in Vilamoura last May wearing my Albion shirt alongside a Manure father and son combo on holiday and, after downing my 6th Sagres, singing "we want 5, we want 5" to the whole bar after the 4th goal went in. This was only made better by the son remarking " how did we manage to end up sitting next to the only Brighton fan in Vilamoura?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyway....

So, what was the score?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm gonna need to get there first to express such a massive thing. Not necessarily to a game, but to the city.
Mate, you're an oddball, but an oddball on NSC is as rare as a bottle of Heinz tomato ketchup in my fridge.

Some people don't know how you came to follow Potter's career. I find that odd.

And the reason you're still here on NSC is because you have grown fond of The Albion and, indeed, the quality of the natter.

I don't find that odd at all. :ROFLMAO:

Yummy.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As for the Chelsea performance, Sterling was the worst player on the pitch by a distance, way worse than coochycoo, and clearly either no intention or no ability to do what Potter wants him to do.
Agree.

He looked pretty good in City where defenders gave him less attention since there was so many other attacking threats. In Chelsea, where he is supposed to be a leading player, all of his weaknesses are visible. He's a decent player of course but needs a lot of service to be effective.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah. I can't support Newcastle.
I also flirted with the idea of wanting a draw.
But in the end decided I want chelsea to win, as long as we also win. That way we stay ahead of chelsea and get within catching distance of the Saudis.

Also, I am one of those for whom last weekend was necessary and highly enjoyable, but it is out of my system now. I don't hate Potter, I think he's a talented manager who made a mistake. He was always going to jump eventually, and that's fine, but he jumped too early and in the wrong direction. I want Chelsea to do very badly, but Potter, not quite so much.

Howe on the other hand... Howe is helping to sportswash one of the least pleasant regimes on the planet. Howe can get f***ed.
I really wish I could agree with you re Potter and Chelsea, my problem is:-

ITS SO GOD DAMN FUNNY. (and predictable)

I've resigned myself to the fact all the time we are above them and 'in the top 6' the whole farce will be too funny to walk away from.
So sorry GPott I know you're a decent fellow, I know you had to go, but until the tranche of games when you finally make it work, I'm going to keep laughing (and baiting Chelsea fans).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm sure the more precious NSC posters will be delighted to hear that, after ripping into Brighton's Booers last week, TalkShite's Andy Jacobs slagged off his Chelsea team at seemingly every opportunity today for essentially not turning up. Quipped that Arteta's heat map would be WAY more impressive than Aubamayang's :lolol:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah. I can't support Newcastle.

Howe on the other hand... Howe is helping to sportswash one of the least pleasant regimes on the planet. Howe can get f***ed.
Yeah, with you there. With bells on.

Maybe my antipathy for the Nukes started with loosing Dan Ashworth or Burn or maybe it’s just jealousy that makes me hate a team can literally leapfrog over us from the relegation zone into the top 5 within less than 2 full seasons just because they suddenly get absurdly rich and stick two fingers up at other teams with a history of better management and, at the time the Nukes received their massive injection of funds, a better squad.

Maybe though, it’s the moral outrage that I feel that the Nukes accepted funding from the PIF - anyone saying the PIF are not propping up the Saudi Regime are looking at the world through rose tinted glasses - Mohammed Bin Salman, the Prince of SA, has stated that the government looks to invest $7.2 trillion in domestic projects over the next decade with close to $1 trillion coming from the PIF — while also making direct investments overseas” - If that’s not a heads up for those that have an antipathy to Saudi money in global sports I don’t know what is.

Or maybe it just fcuks me off because agreement for the purchase was facilitated by the Saudi Government lifting the ban on Qatar’s BeIN broadcasting group (who are the PL official media reporting group in the Middle East) from reporting in Saudi. A ban that ironically had been imposed by the Saudis citing Qatar’s support (alleged) for state funded terrorism and also because the Qatar broadcaster had ‘’abused its dominant position through several monopolistic practices"! Really!? Pot calling the kettle… (Saudi had set up a shadow media group that diverted fund from BeIN and ultimately the PL so it was in the PLs financial interest to get the Saudis to lift the ban - Still think there’s 7 degrees of separation between any of these parties?)

You can see where this is going can’t you - it’s all as smelly as a pile of stinking rotten corpses and it’s called PL Football in the global environment.

Back to the thread topic, the biggest obstacle facing Potter IMO is that the Popcorn owners know sweet FA about PL football and won’t compute that the shit-show Potter has taken over will take more than 7 or 8 matches to sort out. The second biggest obstacle is that the Popcorn owners know sweet FA about PL football and could surrender common sense to the short term gratification of being popular with the increasing numbers of frustrated Chelsea fans that will continue to yell ‘Potter Out!’ in the Shed End every PL match that doesn’t go Chelsea’s way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm sure the more precious NSC posters will be delighted to hear that, after ripping into Brighton's Booers last week, TalkShite's Andy Jacobs slagged off his Chelsea team at seemingly every opportunity today for essentially not turning up. Quipped that Arteta's heat map would be WAY more impressive than Aubamayang's :lolol:
Has he criticised Potter yet in his Monday 1pm rants?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There are millions of "fanatical, lifelong" big 6 fans in Africa who have never even been to Europe. Your reason for starting to follow Brighton is much more acceptable, in my opinion, than those plastic glory hunters. I have only been to the Amex once, and that was for a stadium tour, but I am proudly fanatical about the club (of course, as you noted earlier, I am only a few years from a hospice and have 13 years as a Goldstone season ticket holder in my back pocket from 1967 onwards). Embrace the team. Thump the table and swear when they concede. Dance and sing when they score. See how you get on. One of my finest memories was sitting in my favourite bar in Vilamoura last May wearing my Albion shirt alongside a Manure father and son combo on holiday and, after downing my 6th Sagres, singing "we want 5, we want 5" to the whole bar after the 4th goal went in. This was only made better by the son remarking " how did we manage to end up sitting next to the only Brighton fan in Vilamoura?"
Cat's Club? 😳😳😂

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has he criticised Potter yet in his Monday 1pm rants?
Missed it today, but haven't heard it so far. He admitted a load of fans already wasn't him out, but he effectively said he was on the fence.

I'm guessing it won't be long, though...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Missed it today, but haven't heard it so far. He admitted a load of fans already wasn't him out, but he effectively said he was on the fence.

I'm guessing it won't be long, though...
I used to tune in at 1 on Mondays just to hear H&J moaning about the weekend woes of their clubs. H always philosophical after literally a lifetime of disappointment at WHL, J famously miserable.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I used to tune in at 1 on Mondays just to hear H&J moaning about the weekend woes of their clubs. H always philosophical after literally a lifetime of disappointment at WHL, J famously miserable.
I like them both. For all their cantankerous ways, they produce decent radio that covers sports way beyond the PL, like most of the rest of it. Always funnier when Spuds or Chelsea have had a shocker though 🤣

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like them both. For all their cantankerous ways, they produce decent radio that covers sports way beyond the PL, like most of the rest of it. Always funnier when Spuds or Chelsea have had a shocker though 🤣
H&J are/were always the TS stars, a great double act, giving genuine laughs …. all without the zzzzz vacuous wind up tedium of Durham, Gough, Bent, O’Hara and :wanker:Darren Ambrose:wanker:.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Stoolball league in eastbourne was too rough for me! Virtually every week there would be aggro about blokes bowling too fast at the women players. The irony being that many of the women players were Chelsea college PE students smashing it all over the shop.

My Saturday league cricket seemed tame compared to what was meant to be my midweek social game!
I played a mixed stoolball match once in Preston Park. The batter hit the ball skywards and the woman fielder went to catch the ball. Stood right under it, hands apart. Ball went straight through and broke her nose. Match abandoned!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Artetas?
55B5FCFE-9BFE-4C28-BFD9-ABA0CF5A164E.jpeg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He might be given time but he won't get two and have seasons and definitely won't get through anything approaching some of the runs of loses he oversaw here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here