ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
My person Spec for the job would be something like this:

ESSENTIAL

1. British
2. A good track record of managing in the Champioship
3. A good man manager and player motivator
4. Good and proven tactical acumen
5. Thoroughly prepares team for every game, taking account of oppositions strengths and weaknesses
6. A good communicator
7. An ego which is strong but in check
8. A touchline general
9. Very clear on the type of football he wants to play and the kind of players who can deliver the football he wants to play
10. Has the ability to get the very best from his players and knows how to create a strong unified team mentality.

DESIREABLE
1. Has got teams promoted from Championship in past
2. Experience of Managing or Asst Managing a Premier League side

Anyway - just a few thoughts

Does such a paragon exist? Actually I disagree with some of the points anyway.
Just because some completely inexperienced managers fail miserably doesn't mean having no experience should complete exclude a man from consideration. Jimmy Hill had no managerial experience at all when he took over at Coventry City and revolutionised the club.
Paolo Di Canio would be my first choice but I'll be staggered if he is in with a chance. If it isn't him I'd go for the completely inexperienced Danny Murphy. I just have a feeling he's going to be a very good manager and the only chance B&HA have of ever getting him is getting him now.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
karl-robinson-phone-4x392-220528_478x359.jpg

"This is King Karl. Yeah...Tony. What's up?"

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I'd want Karl Robinson, I know he's never a popular pick when these threads come up but I've always liked the way he got MK playing. Not sure if he'd want the job now mind, with MK looking good in L1.

Tony Mowbray, not very fashionable, but had Middlesbrough playing some very good football before it went wrong there. Not such much a suggestion or want but a name that could be in the mix.

Mowbray is a realistic shout. Plays a quick passing game, got West Brom up saved Boro from the drop from this divison. That said, how can ANYONE fail at Celtic!?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It isn't any prejudices Di Canio might have that need to be put aside, he doesn't appear to hold any and has certainly never displayed any in his previous managerial posts; it's the prejudice of those prejudging Paolo.
He had several 'fallings out' with black players whilst at Swindon including one incident of racial abuse, so you're telling outright lies there.

Being a fascist is reason enough not to hire him ever, even if he were a good manager.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The current squad is a total shambles and I doubt many decent candidates fancy risking their career and reputation on David Burkes recruitment. Hopefully Hyypia's resignation forces the club to wake the **** up.

I don't agree. There are some talented players in the squad. They just need to get better organised and motivated.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
He had several 'fallings out' with black players whilst at Swindon including one incident of racial abuse, so you're telling outright lies there.

Being a fascist is reason enough not to hire him ever, even if he were a good manager.

I'm sorry but your bigotry is shining through. He didn't have several falling outs with black players whilst at Swindon. He had one much publicised clash with the serial trouble-maker Leon Clarke, which had absolutely nothing to do with the colour of Clarke's skin.
There are a lot of bigoted people who would agree with you that being a fascist is reason enough not to hire him, there are more who do not allow such prejudice to cloud their judgement.
If Di Canio or anyone else ever allowed prejudices to affect the way they manage a football team they would quite rightly be dismissed immediately. Paolo has never done so.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surprised that nobody has suggested Tony Adams with his old boss George Graham as his no 2 They would solve our goals conceded column but not sure about the goals for one..

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
I think that MCDermott has done a good job at this level and I like how he comes across, I'm sure that Adkins has a similar record in what they have done but he is not for me, may of missed your preference who would you go for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here