Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do YOU want as our manager?

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Hoddle.
Think he's a perfect fit for what we're doing here. Plays the game the right way, would relish our set up in lancing and he's vastly experienced.
Also he's British and right now I think we need that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has everybody forgotten Di Canios political stance and posing and also TB is Jewish do the two go arm in arm, I dont think so. On that basis Di Canio would never be considered by TB.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Has everybody forgotten Di Canios political stance and posing and also TB is Jewish do the two go arm in arm, I dont think so. On that basis Di Canio would never be considered by TB.

That's why I've said people must put all prejudice aside. I would hope Bloom is too intelligent to allow the lazy portrayal of Di Canio by the gutter press to influence him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If it is hoddle, laura will do her nut!

Personally, his comments about disabled people that got him the sack from England, would not sit happily with me at all.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That's why I've said people must put all prejudice aside. I would hope Bloom is too intelligent to allow the lazy portrayal of Di Canio by the gutter press to influence him.
You do know Tony Bloom is Jewish?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Too many of suggestions on here are obvious and make sense. So thought should try to get into TB's mindset of managerial appointment.

Basically we need a foreign manager who has no experience of Championship football, indeed has either no or limited experience, or managed in a far off country. Unfortunately we have actually heard of two of his appointments so here's a chance to put that right.

So why not Vladimir Cherubin who took FC Okzhetpes to the Kazakhstan Premiership last season? He was snapped up by Kruoja Pakruojis of Lithuania in February but that should not pose a problem. The suits at Okzhetpes might need a bung but a couple of yaks and a plate of sheep's eyeballs should do the trick. Not sure about his English, but then we have NJ so he will be at home.

Where do I send my invoice for finder's fee?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Steve Coppell if he is up for managing a club at this stage after what he achieved at Withdean and at other clubs ( Palace) Hoddle after what he achieved at Swindon. Oscar might be interested if Burke left as well.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Of course I know he's Jewish, what's that got to do with it?
Being Jewish (or just a decent person) he may find it harder to put aside Di Canio's prejudice than say a Dave Whelan would.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
My person Spec for the job would be something like this:

ESSENTIAL

1. British
2. A good track record of managing in the Champioship
3. A good man manager and player motivator
4. Good and proven tactical acumen
5. Thoroughly prepares team for every game, taking account of oppositions strengths and weaknesses
6. A good communicator
7. An ego which is strong but in check
8. A touchline general
9. Very clear on the type of football he wants to play and the kind of players who can deliver the football he wants to play
10. Has the ability to get the very best from his players and knows how to create a strong unified team mentality.

DESIREABLE
1. Has got teams promoted from Championship in past
2. Experience of Managing or Asst Managing a Premier League side

Anyway - just a few thoughts

Totally agree with this, but how many of those candidates in the betting would really come and work under the existing recruitment and director regime?
The appointment should be for 6 months initially with continuation entirely dependent upon not being relegated.
There is no need to be even remotely involved in the Academy, general football aspects of the club, or even talking to the media as the only objective is to focus on the next 24 league games and ACHIEVE RESULTS.
How the results are achieved is now immaterial for the rest of the season - the niceties of our passing game have to be shelved for the battles ahead. The 'good name' of the Albion may need to suffer in the next few months.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Being Jewish (or just a decent person) he may find it harder to put aside Di Canio's prejudice than say a Dave Whelan would.

It isn't any prejudices Di Canio might have that need to be put aside, he doesn't appear to hold any and has certainly never displayed any in his previous managerial posts; it's the prejudice of those prejudging Paolo.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
How do i start a new thread ? . I dont have a start new thread button.
help please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here